Bristol City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it does us a favour ... gives us an extra day to recover before the Cardiff game.

This game gives me a chance to praise a player I very much admire - David James.

My admiration for him comes not from his goalkeeping. I think he had the natural ability to be as good as Seaman and almost as good as Shilton but his judgemet was often poor - great goalkeepers do not let in so many soft goals. Nor is it for his charity work though I understand it is very worthy.

My admiration is for the way he has dealt with criticism. Much of the criticism has been justified but some has been mere bad manners. For example:
Journalist in a sarcy voice: Do you really believe you are good enough to play for England.
David James serenely: I believe many strange things.

Of course my admiration for David James personally does not stop me hoping he lets in a lot of goals tonight.

Looking forward to this one - my first home game of the season. Let's give them a beating!:038:

Please don't blame me if we lost our unbeaten home run under Sven

Is that the usual definition of form (i.e. current/recent form) ?

Or is it the Welsh version, which seems to cover about a year or so ?

It's sort of based on the view the first couple of months of this season didn't really happen and that its unjust that the Football League still counts those matches in the league table when every one knows that we are really top of the table and this success is nothing to do with the fact that most of our better players are loanees. OK?

Can't wait for tonight as I'm taking my eldest son to his first game and he doesn't know yet.He will be so happy. :038:

It's sort of based on the view the first couple of months of this season didn't really happen and that its unjust that the Football League still counts those matches in the league table when every one knows that we are really top of the table and this success is nothing to do with the fact that most of our better players are loanees. OK?

Quite the wet blanket these days.

This game gives me a chance to praise a player I very much admire - David James.

My admiration is for the way he styles himself on UK Garage sensation, Craig David. He's been criticised for this and much of the criticism has been justified but some has been mere bad manners. For example:
Journalist in a sarcy voice: Do you really believe you are as good as UK garage sensation Craig David?.
David James serenely: took her for a drink on Tuesday, we were playing hide the sausage by Wednesday.

Of course my admiration for David James personally does not stop me hoping he lets in a lot of goals tonight.

He's reet good, bo selecta

Quite the wet blanket these days.

Not really - as Sven says its important that people stay grounded.

I will admit though that I do suffer more irritation than most when it only takes a couple of bad results for some people to get carried away thinking the world has ended or alternatively we are going to win every remaining game whilst our rivals lose most of their matches.

Sorry about that.

Trying me hardest to stay up for this. I stayed up for the Arse Barca match midweek and am just recovering. Coming up to 1am watching Scarface for the millionth time.

I guess it's a no for a stream?

Stringer it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00