Brum after Kisnorbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh said:
More money.

Exactly. They will be in a far better financial position than ourselves, and they will no doubt be one of the favourites for automatic promotion.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Exactly. They will be in a far better financial position than ourselves, and they will no doubt be one of the favourites for automatic promotion.

We were one of the favourites.....

Plus, Steve Bruce will bail, never the most loyal of managers, and apply for the Newcastle Job, and half the playing staff will follow

Mike Hunt Smells said:
They will be in a far better financial position than ourselves

Will they?

They'll lose most of the Sky money but will still be paying Premiership wages, I'm sure they'll be looking to sell some of their better paid players in the summer - but they're unlikely to be able to get rid of players who have performed badly or have poor injury records. They could be in the same situation we were in four years ago.

highland fox said:
:icon_bigg But it will mean Fat Harrys Band staying up:icon_conf

Not when WBA pull off an escape act to rival Coventry :icon_lol:

Id love to see Brum and Pompy come down, but theres always next season for Fat arry :biggrin:

Could this be another Connolly, we need to possibly sell to help rebuild, I would rather sell Kisnorbo, who has admittedly done very well in the last 3 months, than lose McCarthy or Stearman.

Lets be honest in January most of us would have happily watch him be dumped back to Scotland with Levein. Also in Johansson and Gerrbrand we have decent cover and the possibility of signing a replacement.

It would obviously depend on price, but if we could get a decent fee, that enabled us to go out and strengthen in 2 or 3 other areas, then it would be a good move for a player who has played well for 3 months and was signed 12 months ago on a free.

Could be a decent piece of business for us.

Last edited:
webmaster said:
Will they?

They'll lose most of the Sky money but will still be paying Premiership wages, I'm sure they'll be looking to sell some of their better paid players in the summer - but they're unlikely to be able to get rid of players who have performed badly or have poor injury records. They could be in the same situation we were in four years ago.

I agree, Pennent, Jarosik, Dunn, Johnson, Forsell, Melchiot, Upson, can you imagine any of them wanting to play in the Championship, plus their 25k plus wages will be a big millstone round the clubs neck.

Could be why Heskey has raised his game recently, he knows they are going down so is putting himself in the shop window :icon_wink

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Could this be another Connolly, we need to possibly sell to help rebuild, I would rather sell Kisnorbo, who has admittedly done very well in the last 3 months, than lose McCarthy or Stearman.

Lets be honest in January most of us would have happily watch him be dumped back to Scotland with Levein. Also in Johansson and Gerrbrand we have decent cover and the possibility of signing a replacement.

It would obviously depend on price, but if we could get a decent fee, that enabled us to go out and strengthen in 2 or 3 other areas, then it would be a good move for a player who has played well for 3 months and was signed 12 months ago on a free.

Could be a decent piece of business for us.

Could him leaving be the reason we are looking at bringing in Breen? if the rumour is true :102:

highland fox said:
:icon_bigg But it will mean Fat Harrys Band staying up:icon_conf

Good.
As much as I dislike the club, the fans and the manager, I want them to stay up. I don't want to have to stand in the rain again at their excuse for a stadium next season.

webmaster said:
Good.
As much as I dislike the club, the fans and the manager, I want them to stay up. I don't want to have to stand in the rain again at their excuse for a stadium next season.

Why don't you use that Plastic headscarf you were wearing up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69