Brum after Kisnorbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lboro fox said:
Also a million pounds transfer fee spent on 4 players @ 250k each sounds ok, but kisnorbo's wages would not cover 4 new players. So the truth is, a million would probably bring 2 players @250k at most. We also have no guarantees that they will be as useful as Kisnorbo is right now, we could end up with another Sylla.

Do you not trust Kelly's judgement of players?

We could be looking at free transfer players, the money from the sale of a player may just be used on wages, not transfer fees.

Most of our current squad didn't cost much, they were either free or nominal fees. If we got four players by selling someone like Kisnorbo we might end up with two good players and two who are not good enough, but surely that's better than having one player?

webmaster said:
Do you not trust Kelly's judgement of players?

We could be looking at free transfer players, the money from the sale of a player may just be used on wages, not transfer fees.

Most of our current squad didn't cost much, they were either free or nominal fees. If we got four players by selling someone like Kisnorbo we might end up with two good players and two who are not good enough, but surely that's better than having one player?

It is but what are the chances??? I just think we should 'do a forest' and build all our players up to being more than they are actually worth. Like i say we dont need to sell, brum need to buy and have rich directors and a cash happy manager. Take em to the cleaners i say!!!

We have to face facts. If Kisnorbo goes then thats life. We got him for nowt and he looked utter shite for 5 months. Yes he has looked class since RK came in, but the only way we are going to move forward is by selling the odd assest here and there to keep the club ticking over and give RK the chance to bring in more new faces.

At the end of the day when a Prem club comes calling we cant say no. All we can do is hang on for the best deal for everyone.

We have to accept that some players wont be here long and to keep the club going we have to sell.

Lboro fox said:
We should aim for £4 million, no need to sell, end of.

£4 million, your living in pure fantasy land.

No need to sell? Of course theres a need to sell. Why do you think we sold Connolly?

We would get 1 million tops for Kisnorbo.

Duzza said:
Didn't do too bad with Fryatt and McCarthy

Very true, but you can't guarantee we'd get as lucky with signings in future.. Also, Fryatt more than £250,000.

webmaster said:
What if we could sell one player for a million and bring 3-4 new players in with the money?

This is and has to be our transfer policy if we are going to get anywhere. Bring um in cheap and sell them on for more and then bring in further new faces with the cash, its the only way we can move forward.

It would only change if the club came out the traps next season and looked like mounting a promotion bid, which to be honest we are a couple of years off.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:

No need to sell? Of course theres a need to sell. Why do you think we sold Connolly?

bottle tops?

PONTUS KAAMARK said:

Agree totally apart from the last statement. We sold connolly because Wigan were desperate and paid well over the odds. IMO we only need to sell a player (as far as i can tell) if an offer comes in and RK decides that it is appropriate for that player. So IMO feck it and take the 'desperate for a player' club to the cleaners.

Lboro fox said:
Agree totally apart from the last statement. We sold connolly because Wigan were desperate and paid well over the odds. IMO we only need to sell a player (as far as i can tell) if an offer comes in and RK decides that it is appropriate for that player. So IMO feck it and take the 'desperate for a player' club to the cleaners.

But if the desperate for a player club decides to sign someone else instead we end up keeping a player when the manager might have wanted to sell him to bring others in.
It should be up to the manager what he does with his playing budget for next season, I don't think he'll be impressed if the board turn down bids in the hope of a silly offer, and it either doesn't come, or it comes so late there's no time to use the money properly.

webmaster said:
But if the desperate for a player club decides to sign someone else instead we end up keeping a player when the manager might have wanted to sell him to bring others in.
It should be up to the manager what he does with his playing budget for next season, I don't think he'll be impressed if the board turn down bids in the hope of a silly offer, and it either doesn't come, or it comes so late there's no time to use the money properly.

Fair enough, i just feel a million is too risky in terms of replacing him, i personally dont think he will go. Though i am not sure sure about stearman, but again i would not accept anything less than £3 million for him. Look what West Brom paid for Davis, £3 million and i cant say i have been all that impressed with him.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:

At last - I thought everyone was infected with some madness inducing virus.

When you say "1 million tops", make that 400k tops.

If either Birmingham or Everton did make an offer it would be in the bargain basement category...no one is going to pay big money for Kisnorbo..end of story.

Redditch Fox said:
At last - I thought everyone was infected with some madness inducing virus.

When you say "1 million tops", make that 400k tops.

If either Birmingham or Everton did make an offer it would be in the bargain basement category...no one is going to pay big money for Kisnorbo..end of story.

Then we will keep him. Fine by me, a replacement would cost much more, assuming he continues to play as well as he has.

Lboro fox said:
Then we will keep him. Fine by me, a replacement would cost much more, assuming he continues to play as well as he has.

A replacement woudnt cost more, it would cost nothing. You already have three replacements in the squad, namely, Nissa, Gerrbrand and Stearman. Otherwise a replacement would be a free.

The club wont look at how much a replacement would cost. They will simply look at the profit and then trust the manager to find a cheaper replacement so the club can make some money. Its the way we have to operate.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
A replacement woudnt cost more, it would cost nothing. You already have three replacements in the squad, namely, Nissa, Gerrbrand and Stearman. Otherwise a replacement would be a free.

The club wont look at how much a replacement would cost. They will simply look at the profit and then trust the manager to find a cheaper replacement so the club can make some money. Its the way we have to operate.

I agree - if they get an offer of the hypothetical 400k that i estimated, then the club will snatch their hands off.

I think that in time it will sink in that given the club's financial position that all reasonable offers will be accepted. This is - I'm afraid - the inevitable fall out from the end of parachoute monies on the back of coming out of administration with slender resources.

I cannot believe that Kisnorbo has gone from quite possibly one of the worst players to have ever graced the blue shirt to now being a 4 million pound player, that is complete bollox, the very maximum we can wish for is 1 million and that would be an act of desperation from the buying club.

But we have to be realistic, and be prepared to take a gamble if an offer comes in for Kisnorbo and it is a fee that would enable us to bring 3 or 4 new additions which strengthen the squad further then we should snap their hands off.

Also out of our true saleable assets, I would be prepared to sacrifice Kisnorbo as I believe he could be replaced, where as McCarthy appears to be the heartbeat of this team, Stearman is and has been excellent throughout, whilst Fryatt and Hume have the potential to be the best partnership in the division. It is a no - brainer IMO.

Ex Chairman McCahill says that we have had confirmed interest from clubs for Kisnorbo, Hughes, Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy and Stearman to which we've told them we don't need to sell.

This is the club line that unless RK decides to sell one that we don't need to sell, although this may change come Xmas if we aren't doing well next season.

I think after the way some of our 'fans' treated him earlier, he would be totally within his rights to say up yours and leave.
I would be gutted if he did leave, but saying that, Paddy and Nils at CB against Plymouth looked very good, if we sold Kisnorbo we could spend the money on a proper left back, assuming Sheehan is never gonna get fit...

Dunc said:
Ex Chairman McCahill says that we have had confirmed interest from clubs for Kisnorbo, Hughes, Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy and Stearman to which we've told them we don't need to sell.

This is the club line that unless RK decides to sell one that we don't need to sell, although this may change come Xmas if we aren't doing well next season.

He's not our ex-chairman yet!

Not surprised we've had interest from other clubs, but as I said earlier I think it will be up to the manager to decide what to do with his budget, but the limitations he's working with may mean he has to sell before he can sign anyone.

Muttley said:
I think after the way some of our 'fans' treated him earlier, he would be totally within his rights to say up yours and leave.
I would be gutted if he did leave, but saying that, Paddy and Nils at CB against Plymouth looked very good, if we sold Kisnorbo we could spend the money on a proper left back, assuming Sheehan is never gonna get fit...

Too be honest, he was given a hard time, but in truth at centre midfield he was out of his depth and looked absolute garbage, and Levein's blind faith in continually picking him out of position, especially near the end of his reign didnt help, Kisnorbo was seen as way of getting at Levein.

webmaster said:
He's not our ex-chairman yet!

Not surprised we've had interest from other clubs, but as I said earlier I think it will be up to the manager to decide what to do with his budget, but the limitations he's working with may mean he has to sell before he can sign anyone.

My understanding is that the club (including RK) thinks that barring horrendous injuries our first XI as it stands could finish in the top 6 next season so with that belief, my understanding is that we won't be selling anyone this summer.

Should the club be looking at a nothing season again then books would have to be balanced and a couple of players would be sold in the transfer window. Whilst there is a good chance of Premiership football the club will not want to sell.

From the horse's mouth so to speak..

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69