Brum after Kisnorbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
harrowfox said:
Aah, the long hot summer has arrived and Kisnorbo's agent has thrown the papers a bone in the hope of a scramble of activity for his client. He obviously hopes to cash in to buy himself a new soft top number for the season.

No one outside of Leicester knew or cared who Kisnorbo was 3 or 4 months ago. In fact most Leicester fans didn't care who he was either. He wasn't worth a hill of beans back then.

Let's face it, hindsight is a beautiful thing, but if someone offered any kind of money for him back then we would have ripped their hand off and laughed like drains.

Absolutely. I would guess that a) Kisnorbo's agent is working fast to capitalise on this belated show of form; b) the tabloids always over egg fee speculation and I would stick with my guesstimate of £400k max.

On Fryatt...all my painful experience tells me that if someone came in with a £2m plus bid then the club would have the car reving to get the cheque to the bank...no doubts on that one.

Redditch Fox said:
Absolutely. I would guess that a) Kisnorbo's agent is working fast to capitalise on this belated show of form; b) the tabloids always over egg fee speculation and I would stick with my guesstimate of £400k max.

On Fryatt...all my painful experience tells me that if someone came in with a £2m plus bid then the club would have the car reving to get the cheque to the bank...no doubts on that one.

I guess everyone has their price but I don't think we will be selling anyone unless Rob Kelly thinks he can replace them with better.

Dunc said:
I guess everyone has their price but I don't think we will be selling anyone unless Rob Kelly thinks he can replace them with better.

I would like you to be right on that but what reason or evidence do you have for thinking that Rob Kelly is in a different position to previous Leicester managers - especially when the club's financial position is known to be stretched?

Redditch Fox said:
I would like you to be right on that but what reason or evidence do you have for thinking that Rob Kelly is in a different position to previous Leicester managers - especially when the club's financial position is known to be stretched?

If you read the previous posts I made on this thread you will see that Jim McCahill has said that we aren't going to sell this summer unless RK wants to.

This means that free transfers are all we are going to get unless we sell but my understanding is that MDV will get a payoff and RK is happy to work with the existing squad.

As I say if a ridiculous bid for one of our players is made (more than £2million I would imagine) then RK would find it hard to turn down as that money could purchase 2/3 players of equal quality.

Dunc said:
... my understanding is that MDV will get a payoff

Thankfully for our finances, it seems that MdV wil be able to get a game albeit at a lower salary, so this shouldn't cost us too much.

bocadillo said:
Thankfully for our finances, it seems that MdV wil be able to get a game albeit at a lower salary, so this shouldn't cost us too much.

I heard that the club he is at at the moment don't want him but I might be wrong.

If they don't and we can't get rid of him a payoff of around 100k would probably do it and save him moping about the reserves

Dunc said:
I heard that the club he is at at the moment don't want him but I might be wrong.

If they don't and we can't get rid of him a payoff of around 100k would probably do it and save him moping about the reserves

Dunc, do you have any info on what MdV is on? Cash wise?? I have heard something that suggests £100k wouldn't even come close to paying him off.

Duzza said:
Dunc, do you have any info on what MdV is on? Cash wise?? I have heard something that suggests £100k wouldn't even come close to paying him off.

I've heard that he would be on about £4.5k a week which would equal about £250 per year give or take a bit. But apparently its common for payoffs to be less than the full amount of the contract so I suppose 100k is a bit low but I'm thinking he has a year left?

If he has 2 years left then it would be more like £250k. Half the contract sum is usual.

Last edited:
Dunc said:
I've heard that he would be on about £4.5k a week which would equal about £250 per year give or take a bit. But apparently its common for payoffs to be less than the full amount of the contract so I suppose 100k is a bit low but I'm thinking he has a year left?

If he has 2 years left then it would be more like £250k. Half the contract sum is usual.

Cool. I had heard he was on a lot more than that, which I found difficult to beleive at the time.

We are adding 2 and 2 together here, Bruce turns up at Ricoh, so that means City's best player for the last two months must be on his way. Bruce after all might have been there for see McSheffrey or Cov's young lad Thornton. I dont think anyone will buy City's players, our early season was enough to put them off.

Hazzman said:
We are adding 2 and 2 together here, Bruce turns up at Ricoh, so that means City's best player for the last two months must be on his way. Bruce after all might have been there for see McSheffrey or Cov's young lad Thornton. I dont think anyone will buy City's players, our early season was enough to put them off.

Dont you believe it Hazz, remember Bruce bought DJ Campbell off the back of a few decent performances in the cup. The phrase you are only as good as your last game, gives testament to the fact the scouts and managers will have been alerted to the form of several players over the last 3 /4 months.

Last edited:
Dunc said:

I am fairly certain he signed a 2 1/2 year deal, although I may be wrong, the reason payoffs are usually lower than the full contract is because it allows the player to go and negotiate a new deal with a new club immediately.

For example if MDV was paid 4k per week and had a year left on his contract, if he recieved a 100k pay off he could in effect, the following day, negotiate a contract with a new club where he would pick up 2k for 12 months but due to the pay off would mean he would not be out of pocket, were he to negotiate a deal work the 3k per week with his new club then the jammy fecker would in fact gain a benefit of 50k.

it said in the paper bruce left as soon as fryatt was taken off.
also RK will not want to sell one of his best centre backs because at the end of the day we will not be able to attract anyone as good as kisnorbo. he is a class act at the back and i for one will be pissed if he leaves because going for the playoffs you need players who know each other and have formed partnerships. we have this in both paddy's and it needs to be kept like that. whats the point in dissrupting the best part of your team when you dont have to.

keep kisnorbo and build for the future, im fed up of us selling and buying all the fecking time, thats why we are where we are.

STABILITY PLEASE

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am fairly certain he signed a 2 1/2 year deal, although I may be wrong, the reason payoffs are usually lower than the full contract is because it allows the player to go and negotiate a new deal with a new club immediately.

For example if MDV was paid 4k per week and had a year left on his contract, if he recieved a 100k pay off he could in effect, the following day, negotiate a contract with a new club where he would pick up 2k for 12 months but due to the pay off would mean he would not be out of pocket, were he to negotiate a deal work the 3k per week with his new club then the jammy fecker would in fact gain a benefit of 50k.

My point entirely.

We'll end up selling no doubt, and then go half a season conceding silly goals, and all the while we will be wondering why...

Answer, we are fooking dumb!

Palace could have sold Andy Johnson to half the premier league last year but didn't because they have the intelligence to spot that being in the premiership is worth a f*ck of a lot more than any megre fee a prem club would pay.

Equally we should give it a go next season. If we don't we are mugs.

SilverFox said:
We'll end up selling no doubt, and then go half a season conceding silly goals, and all the while we will be wondering why...

Answer, we are fooking dumb!

Palace could have sold Andy Johnson to half the premier league last year but didn't because they have the intelligence to spot that being in the premiership is worth a f*ck of a lot more than any megre fee a prem club would pay.

Equally we should give it a go next season. If we don't we are mugs.

I don't agree with the comment further up this thread about clubs being put off from coming in because of our performance in early and middle season...my assumption is that they are worldly wise enough to assess that certain players were under-performing against their abilities. I think the miserable performances before Levein was booted just deflates the prices somewhat.

On the selling issue - basically we have reverted back to type and that is that we are a 'selling' club. Whether the club should resist this all depends on whether the club believes there is a serious likelihood of promotion and that is not an easy one to assess.

Its difficult because whilst most of us were convinced that the team was seriously under-performing because the chemistry or whatever wasn't right with Levein; it's also a bit of an unknown as to whether the remarkable revival under RK would be sustainable in a genuine promotion chase...or whether pulling out of the relegation frame was an operation that was well within capacity but pushing on from there is a different matter.

At the end of the day, its the board that takes the risk and for once I sympathise with them

lako42 said:
it said in the paper bruce left as soon as fryatt was taken off.

... which as I have already mentioned was immediately after Kisnorbo got sent off. How could anybody know the reason that he left at the particular moment he did?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am fairly certain he signed a 2 1/2 year deal, ...

3½ year deal from 06.01.05. Expires Summer 2008

All the contract lengths are listed in the 'Out of Contract Players' thread.

Anyone else think that if we have to sell a player Kisnorbo is considerably preferable to Fryatt or Stearman, cos I do! Johansson and Stearman can both play centreback, and Gerrbrand will only fulfil his flashes of promise with regular football. PK is good, but Fryatt is indispensible, and I think the club and manager know that.

Polar Bear said:
Anyone else think that if we have to sell a player Kisnorbo is considerably preferable to Fryatt or Stearman, cos I do! Johansson and Stearman can both play centreback, and Gerrbrand will only fulfil his flashes of promise with regular football. PK is good, but Fryatt is indispensible, and I think the club and manager know that.

I do agree that it would be preferable. But the fee for Fryatt would be considerably higher - he is a striker, he is a better player, he is younger and he is under a longer contract - therefore what we could do with the money would be correspondingly greater.

It's not a case of one or the other. It might be neither or both (or all three!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69