Brum after Kisnorbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upson wont leave blues till next year because he's injured for 8 months. Cunningham will stay on because he's capable at championship level, just too slow for prem. melchiot and lazaridis will also leave but tebily will stay. this leaves them with 2 centre halves and Upson from about feb onwards and so is highly likely they will still be intrested in kisnorbo, however i wud hope he'd choose to stay at us as it has shown we have potential to do well in this league if we can keep roughly this same sqaud together!

FOX MENTAL said:
Upson wont leave blues till next year because he's injured for 8 months. Cunningham will stay on because he's capable at championship level, just too slow for prem. melchiot and lazaridis will also leave but tebily will stay. this leaves them with 2 centre halves and Upson from about feb onwards and so is highly likely they will still be intrested in kisnorbo, however i wud hope he'd choose to stay at us as it has shown we have potential to do well in this league if we can keep roughly this same sqaud together!

Yes - Upson would have left except for the injury but not because Birmingham are short of cash.

The difficulty we are in is that the late flourish of results has alerted other clubs that some of our players are worth signing. I don't think any at this time are worth a starting place with a prem side...tho' Stearman and Fryatt have that sort of potential. The real problem is that we are no longer able to compete with the relatively cash rich fizzy league clubs and it's going to be something of a problem holding onto players that those clubs see as being iseful in their quest for promotion.

As i have boringly said before..the structure of governance for the club doesnt help and it really needs to be changed and someone/ a group with serious money to come in...and that's extremely unlikely it seems.

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Brum and reckons they only just missed out on Fryatt and ended up getting DJ Campbell so it wont surprise me if they make a move for Fryatt, and knowing our board a bid of £2m will be accepted.
Kisnorbo can be replaced but Fryatt is a different matter.

I love reading old threads :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69