Brum after Kisnorbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrislcfc18 said:
How about if Brum did come in for Kisnorbo we asked for Muzzy in exchange. That way we get a replacement for Joey and im sure throughout Pre-season RK can come up with a decent central defensive partnership.
I would rather have Kisnorbo in my team than Muzzy. In his last season here he looked lazy and uninterested. Muzzy is past his best, he is a fantastic piece of our history, leave it that way.

Melton Fox said:
I would rather have Kisnorbo in my team than Muzzy. In his last season here he looked lazy and uninterested. Muzzy is past his best, he is a fantastic piece of our history, leave it that way.

I dont think the lazy tag could ever be given to Muzzy.

I think you will find that Muzzy has a great season next season for Brum in the Championship if he can stay fit.

chrislcfc18 said:
How about if Brum did come in for Kisnorbo we asked for Muzzy in exchange. That way we get a replacement for Joey and im sure throughout Pre-season RK can come up with a decent central defensive partnership.

Have they still got Jamie Clapham ? Be Ok for our left back problem

chrislcfc18 said:
How about if Brum did come in for Kisnorbo we asked for Muzzy in exchange.

Muzzy is the past. Let it go!

highland fox said:
Have they still got Jamie Clapham ? Be Ok for our left back problem
I thought I heard he was being released, or was out of contract, or they're prepared to let him go cheap, or something equally vague. He'd be a great addition, but I wonder what his wages are...

DesertFox said:
I thought I heard he was being released, or was out of contract, or they're prepared to let him go cheap, or something equally vague. He'd be a great addition, but I wonder what his wages are...
As much as it pains me to say it, this is where the groundshare comes to it's advantage, we shouldn't have to worry about not being competitive in the transfer market. If we still have the issues you just pointed out after the groundshare has been initialised, then it isn't a good idea

glyn said:
In which case Brum won't be able to afford or attract our boys. (He says confidently).
QUOTE]

There are no grounds whatsoever for your confidence.

Birmingham City have: a) seriously big money backers; b) parachoute monies.

We have: neither and are very financially stretched.

IMO Birmingham could buy any Leicester player they wanted, end of story.

On other issues, I don't see Muzzy Izzet playing many more games. he has had a fine career and has perhaps in the past played when still long term injured and thereby potentially shortened his playing career.

I also think that Harry Rednapp has done a fantastic job; to turn into a winning side a losing side through the belated introduction of so many new players is IMO truly remarkable. Had he come to Leicester when that was a real possibility some years ago - I think we would be in a different position to finishing 16th in the second tier and having no money to strengthen the squad without trading our sellable players.

Redditch Fox said:
glyn said:
In which case Brum won't be able to afford or attract our boys. (He says confidently).
QUOTE]

There are no grounds whatsoever for your confidence.

Birmingham City have: a) seriously big money backers; b) parachoute monies.

We have: neither and are very financially stretched.

IMO Birmingham could buy any Leicester player they wanted, end of story.

On other issues, I don't see Muzzy Izzet playing many more games. he has had a fine career and has perhaps in the past played when still long term injured and thereby potentially shortened his playing career.

I also think that Harry Rednapp has done a fantastic job; to turn into a winning side a losing side through the belated introduction of so many new players is IMO truly remarkable. Had he come to Leicester when that was a real possibility some years ago - I think we would be in a different position to finishing 16th in the second tier and having no money to strengthen the squad without trading our sellable players.

I felt the same when City didnt go for Kinnear as manager after O'Neill. He had a probelm at Forest but I think that was down to the situation around the club.

Hazzman said:
Redditch Fox said:
I felt the same when City didnt go for Kinnear as manager after O'Neill. He had a probelm at Forest but I think that was down to the situation around the club.

MON recommended to the board that we went for David Moyes:icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

webmaster said:
We used to share with them before moving to Filbert St, it's good for the club to be going back to its roots :icon_roll

Since LCCC's annual turnover is equivalent to about the transfer fee of a decent league 1 player - what significant difference would it make to LCFC's financial position?

The obviously beneficial move was to ground share with the Tigers. I realise that seemed to be an issue over primacy of tenancy but it did seem one of the few opportunities to move forward City's financial position.

Of course, there is a streak of petty and narrow minded parochialism as well amongst supports/ stakeholders in both clubs - but I assume this could have been overcome.

drummindefender said:
do you reckon brums relegation will affect there interest for kisnorbo? i dont think it will personally but theres always hope :)

i think it will increase it, if bruce stays. They will lose a few more CB's and not be able to replace with the same quality, therefore will look to cheap(er) players like kisnorbo

Lboro fox said:
Fox Fan said:
And CL if the stories are to be believed!!!

Apparently that was not exactly true - acording to a journo acquaintance who was there he was asked a casual question about CL's move from Hearts to Leicester during a press conference, and responded to the effect that he was a bright young manager who ought to be able to do well.

God, I confessed to knowing a journo.:icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf

Last edited:
joe501 said:
i think it will increase it, if bruce stays. They will lose a few more CB's and not be able to replace with the same quality, therefore will look to cheap(er) players like kisnorbo

They won't hold on to Upson for a start

joe501 said:

I agree, Bruce will now be looking at players capable of coming in and doing a job in the championship, also it is likely that this will force him down the cheaper end of the market. I imagine Kisnorbo at say 750k and on fairly modest wages would be just the type of signing that fits in with Birmingham's profile.

joe501 said:
in possibly related news, why is the port vale cb pilkington's news story on our news ticker at the top? does someone know something we don't??

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1146499719#
On the same page there is link to a thread entitled "what are you listening to right now". I don't know how the spider works but could it have picked this quote up from the music forum and auto linked us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00