Burnley - Championship - Tuesday 20th February 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may have something to do with the fact that they see you as GOD, and the rest of us are just no bodies who they can put aside for a day or 2.

I doubt it very much - but I do commend the 'Read Receipt' method; they can hardly say they haven't received it, can they?

I've decided I want to go to this, so I'm looking for the cheapest way to get there...

I don't want to drive, and I'm not keen on using the supporters club coaches or Fox Travel.

If I get the train it'll cost me nearly £40 for the train ticket, and I'll have to find somewhere to stay overnight.

So the National Express coach from Cov to Burnley is looking the most attractive option, at £24. I'm not keen on going that far by coach, but if it means getting to a match I wouldn't have otherwise gone to I might give it a go.

The only problem is it would drop me off in Cov at around 3:40 in the morning, leaving me with a 2.5 hour wait in Cov for a bus home :018:
A better option might be to get off the Coach at Birmingham Airport. Anyone know what kind of facilities are available at the airport at that time of night? Will I be able to buy some food and find somewhere to sit down for a couple of hours?

Last edited:
Anyone know what kind of facilities are available at the airport at that time of night? Will I be able to buy some food and find somewhere to sit down for a couple of hours?

Birmingham Airport is pretty much open 24/7 now, so you'l have no problem finding a restaurant and somewhere to sit.

On the first floor (above check in desks) there is a Wetherspoons which i'm sure is open 24/7, if not there are plenty of other places. You don't have to go through any security check to get this far.

Birmingham Airport is pretty much open 24/7 now, so you'l have no problem finding a restaurant and somewhere to sit.

On the first floor (above check in desks) there is a Wetherspoons which i'm sure is open 24/7, if not there are plenty of other places. You don't have to go through any security check to get this far.

The Wetherspoons is in Terminal 1 and is called The Dragonfly. It opens at 4 a.m. There's a 24-hour Starbucks and a 24-hour Est Presso. All these are landside.

Just realised if I get the coach I'm going to have to leave here before 10:30 in the morning and I won't arrive in Burnley until 50 minutes before kick off :frown:
Will it be worth spending all day travelling to see the match?

I will be leaving home at 07:05 - NottinghamFox will be leaving ... eeerrr... Nottingham about half an hour after that. Have you heard us complaining?

Will it be worth it? Of course it won't: we don't go to the match because it's worth it!

Last edited:
I will be leaving home at 07:05 - NottinghamFox will be leaving ... eeerrr... Nottingham about half an hour after taht. Have you heard us complaining?

I've heard some complaining about the two of you having to share a bed :eek:

I bet you'll spend a lot less time travelling than me - and you've got twice as far to go. My average speed for the journey will be around 15 miles an hour. I could probably get there quicker by bike (well I could have done when I was thin and fit, 20 years ago!)

I've heard some complaining about the two of you having to share a bed :eek:

I bet you'll spend a lot less time travelling than me - and you've got twice as far to go. My average speed for the journey will be around 15 miles an hour. I could probably get there quicker by bike (well I could have done when I was thin and fit, 20 years ago!)

I don't know what the little ****er has been saying but he won't even get to borrow my sofa if he doesn't behave himself!

You're probably right about the speed of the journey. Euston to Preston is only taking me about 2 hours so I'm clearly going to be the hare to your tortoise. Nottingham's journey is pretty crap - he's coach to Leeds and then a whole hour's wait for the train over to Burnley. He's spending half an hour less on a journey that must be 200 miles shorter than mine.

Do you own another property up there then? :102:

If I had enough money for two houses, do you really think I would buy one in Butnley FFS?

I was speaking figuratively - the sofa is mine for the time that I have hired it from Travelodge.

Do you own another property up there then? :102:

Are you going to this.

Can you pay on the door?

Apologies if either question has been answered previously.

I might tell the scummers in the Coventry JJB store I have to leave early and get a train from Cov to Burnley.

I doubt I will but I might.

Last edited:
Has anyone been to Burnley before? Is there any likelehood of trouble? Goin on my own. unsure whether to pack tin hat and armour!

i've been the last 2 seasons, both times went to a bar on the main road outside the ground. nice place actually with afriendly atmosphere. the bars on harry potts way just at the corner of the cricket field

Are you going to this.

Can you pay on the door?

Apologies if either question has been answered previously.

I might tell the scummers in the Coventry JJB store I have to leave early and get a train from Cov to Burnley.

I doubt I will but I might.

Both clubs have confirmed that supporters of both teams will be able to play on the gate.

Both clubs have confirmed that supporters of both teams will be able to play on the gate.

Cheers Boc.

Do you reckon I could take the train from Cov to stoke and then the boat from Stoke to Burnley in time?:102:

Has anyone been to Burnley before? Is there any likelehood of trouble? Goin on my own. unsure whether to pack tin hat and armour!

Very little chance of any trouble - last time I saw any trouble at Turf Moor, Peter Rodrigues equalised from the penalty spot.

You should consider wearing something waterproof.

Very little chance of any trouble - last time I saw any trouble at Turf Moor, Peter Rodrigues equalised from the penalty spot.

You should consider wearing something waterproof.

is the wooden stand not reopened? i could have sworn i saw fans in it last time they had a home game?

Cheers Boc.

Do you reckon I could take the train from Cov to stoke and then the boat from Stoke to Burnley in time?:102:

Possibly not - the Trent and Mersey Canal is closed for maintenance near Sandbach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566