Burnley game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger, Bugger, Bugger.......
From potential promotion candidates to relegation fodder.
Isn't it grand being a City fan :102:

Could be worse, could be trees fan watching their mighty " we won the european cup twice" team lose in the LDV trophy to WOKING :043: :043: :043: :043: :043: :043: :043: :043:

Hammond did well tonight, at least he is a threat. He finishing may not be great currently but at least he gets in to position. The decision to leave MdV on the field and take Hammond off was ludicrous.

we need something positive from Levine or he should go. Not impressed at all. We are not rebuilding we are deconstructing big time. Odds on Lillian scoring at the weekend? "Probably from a set piece"

Actually Levine should go.
We need someone, anyone who can motivate a team an has a clue about Championship tactics.
We will hemorrage gates and money, its not fair on a great club and great fans.

DurhamFox said:
Hammond did well tonight, at least he is a threat
A threat he might be DF but he cost 3 x more than MDV and he should be scoring more by now.

highland fox said:
A threat he might be DF but he cost 3 x more than MDV and he should be scoring more by now.

Agreed.

The fact of the matter is, we are fvcking shite. No heart and no pride - that's the most upsetting part for me.

Typical defeatest attitudes on here. Sure we are crap ,and have been under 4 different managers in as many years. And thats the problem what good is it going to do at this point to sack Levein. You end up with another manager who may not like the players we have, but without money would not be able to change hardly anything. Alternativly we are in a similar position to last year, with the difference being we have a young side that could improve unlike those from 12 months ago , who were enjoying a last swansong. I stand by one of my earlier posts and maintain that Levein should have the whole of this season to try and get us moving forward. Its your own faults if you got carried away with the Watford result. One decent result and the expectation levels jump to play-offs and promotion. If we beat Cov on Sunday there will be plenty on here who will be stating how glad we are to replace Adams with Levein. At least Adams had over 2 years with us,where as old Leveins only a third of a season into a complete rebuilding job and people already want him out.

Brauny Blue said:
Typical defeatest attitudes on here. Sure we are crap ,and have been under 4 different managers in as many years. And thats the problem what good is it going to do at this point to sack Levein. You end up with another manager who may not like the players we have, but without money would not be able to change hardly anything. Alternativly we are in a similar position to last year, with the difference being we have a young side that could improve unlike those from 12 months ago , who were enjoying a last swansong. I stand by one of my earlier posts and maintain that Levein should have the whole of this season to try and get us moving forward. Its your own faults if you got carried away with the Watford result. One decent result and the expectation levels jump to play-offs and promotion. If we beat Cov on Sunday there will be plenty on here who will be stating how glad we are to replace Adams with Levein. At least Adams had over 2 years with us,where as old Leveins only a third of a season into a complete rebuilding job and people already want him out.

Totally agree BB,we go through this same old rigmarole after every bad result...but then again it is a forum I suppose

Brauny Blue said:

Levein has been here over a year.

highland fox said:
But he inherited Adams has-beens and never-will-be's DF until the end of last season.

I don't disagree but he has been here for a year not a third of a feckin season.

DurhamFox said:
I don't disagree but he has been here for a year not a third of a feckin season.

But BB didn't say that.He said a third of a season into a complete rebuilding of the squad.A rebuild CL could not start properly until players contracts were up and money was released for CL to bring in his own players.I understand your frustration though.

Brauny Blue said:

Still only five points from 6th. ;)

highland fox said:
But BB didn't say that.He said a third of a season into a complete rebuilding of the squad.A rebuild CL could not start properly until players contracts were up and money was released for CL to bring in his own players.I understand your frustration though.

We are just making excuses for the guy.

How is it going to change?? Is Levein as disappointed about the defeat tonight as me?? are any of the players??? they dont give a F U C K.

DurhamFox said:
Levein has been here over a year.

Yep thats right, but its harsh to judge him on MA wasters last season. Leveins had nothing to work with and yet some people expect the world. Sure its crap, but its been good and crap for 25 years that i've followed the city. In 5 years time the fans will still be walking out of the stadium chanting sack the manager ,sack board , and the moan ins will still have plenty of people to add their two peneth. We are on a downer because we allowed one win to raise false hopes. I'm disappointed like everyone else, but there is no magic wand. If people here want the good times again then at least give this guy a chance.

DurhamFox said:
BTW we have acheived nothing more with his players rather than those has beens of Micky's.

So you would rather have Rogers,Impey etc and absolutely no Youth players coming through.Do you honestly believe Richard Stearman would be in the first team now under MA?

highland fox said:
So you would rather have Rogers,Impey etc and absolutely no Youth players coming through.Do you honestly believe Richard Stearman would be in the first team now under MA?

No I wouldn't, of course not. Anyone, including Micky Adams knew we needed a big shake up this season, regardless of the manager or results last season.

The fact remains that we have one of the top 6 budgets in this league and we are currently one of the worst 6 sides in this league.

Brauny Blue said:
Yep thats right, but its harsh to judge him on MA wasters last season. Leveins had nothing to work with and yet some people expect the world. Sure its crap, but its been good and crap for 25 years that i've followed the city. In 5 years time the fans will still be walking out of the stadium chanting sack the manager ,sack board , and the moan ins will still have plenty of people to add their two peneth. We are on a downer because we allowed one win to raise false hopes. I'm disappointed like everyone else, but there is no magic wand. If people here want the good times again then at least give this guy a chance.

Where does the faith end though?? I am not saying get rid of him. I am saying the decision to get rid of him looms larger each week that passes by that shows no sign of improvement. When do we cut our loses?

DurhamFox said:
The fact remains that we have one of the top 6 budgets in this league and we are currently one of the worst 6 sides in this league.

And last Saturday night we weren't....we could argue about this all night you think Levein's shite and should be sacked.. I don't,let's just agree to differ and get back to the usual bullshit;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669