Burnley match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Bocadillo was entering the ground, we weren't far behind. I was going to say hello but when we went through the turnstile, I couldn't see him anywhere.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
As Bocadillo was entering the ground, we weren't far behind. I was going to say hello but when we went through the turnstile, I couldn't see him anywhere.

Lying bastardi you just didn't want to talk.:icon_lol:

Things are depressing already...typical...Boc my condolences to you for having to travel all the way to Luton and the Walkers to watch such rubbish!

I saw city play 3 times at the end of last season, and made the following conclusions, which seem to be about right considering comments from the last couple of games.

Stearman seems nervous on the ball and often hoofs a long ball, with city regularly losing possession as a result. Overrated.

Maybury is no midfielder and offers nothing on the right 'wing'. Put him at right back or else leave him out altogether.

Tiatto is no left winger either, put him in the middle of midfield or leave him out altogether. What happened to the days when wingers used to be tricky and pacy? Put Elvis on the wing maybe? At least he has pace, don't know about his ball skills though. At least he won't be caught off side as often...

Put O'Grady up front, he has physical presence and can hold the ball up, if not fcuk the opposition up.

Considering what we have with the sqaud I think, like others, that 4-4-2 simply won't work for us. What formations do you all recommend?

Boy Genius said:
what feckin game were you watching? If you think Stearman is any good you dont know what you are watching. Stearman was dreadful and a total waste of space, not just these last two games but for the later part of last season too. As for Fryatt, something terrible has changed about him this season too, he is not the player of last season and looks woefully unfit , not as sharp and has lost a couple of yards of pace . Or are you saying these two can do no wrong?

I am trying to make completely different points.

First, I stated that Stearman is playing indifferently. But i think I have seen enough football to understand when a player has potential - and he has potential and would probably do a lot better if surrounded by better players.

Now Fryatt, he looks as if he is carrying excess weight - but the point I am making is that he at least moves like a striker - he is also isolated up front and receives no real service from possibly the worst midfield the club has ever had. Our other guy Hume has a decent first touch but he isn't going to score many goals because of his lack of presence at this standard of football. A small forward has to be brilliant to compete and he is less than brilliant. I haven't seen sufficient of O'Grady to comment.

I am sorry to say the situation looks grim and I think we are on another wrong track this season. It is ridiculously early to make that point, but it is my gut feeling.

For me very similar performance to saturday, first 15 to 20 minutes we showed some energy and determination, but after that it was a downward spiral, again another poor result but far more worryingly another inept performance that again highlighted the inbalance of the squad, poor fitness levels, poor preperation, lack of motivation and desire and unimaginative tactics.

Make no bones about this, the problems seem far more deep rooted that early season jitters or bad days at the office, these two games against Luton and Burnley with all due respect to both clubs were an opportunity to build a solid platform for the season, and TBH both are teams we need to and should be beating if we seriously want any chance of even staying up this season let alone harbour ambitions of any further progression.

I am not scaremongering but on the evidence of the performances, attitudes, level of commitment and the manager's tactics, formation, selections and substitutions we are in real danger this season of relegation.

I was hopeful of challenging the top 10, but I would settle now to finish the season one place above the relegation zone, yes after two games the stench of a relegation side hangs over the Walkers and I am afraid I have seen nothing to suggest that this season we can pull off another great escape.

lako42 said:
if tiatto or maybury start the next game i refuse to pay untill they are out of the side.

No you won't

lako42 said:
and im being serious

No, you're not!

Brown Nose said:
Dreadful, lifeless, predictable, long ball, frustrating, dire, mind-numbing, amateurish poo.

Henderson - flapping fool
Stearman - better than Sat but still long ball hit and hope moronic brain dead mullet boy
McCarthy - lost in translation
Kisnorbo - little tiny skinny centre half (wot an innovative idea)
Kenton - half the game on his arse and regularly out of position
Maybury - most unconvincing right midfielder since the last one
Johnson - sorry, but what is the point this fella?
Williams - posing, poncey little twat with a tiny, weeny, amount of talent
Tiatto - gormless, embarrassing half wit - give a jack russelll his shirt and it would do a better job - seriously.
Fryatt - unfit, mardy arsed lag
Hume - rarely played up front, ran around without much purpose into dead ends
Hughes - did he touch the ball?
Low - patently obvious lower league winger who'll never be anything more
Hammond - forget the hype it's still the same waste of space as last year

I'd suggest bringing in some from the reserves but we don't have a reserves.

Come on, BN. Tell us what you really think.

The build up play to there goal summed up what a load of C**p we are at the moment. We had a free kick in a dangerous position only for Tiatto to send in a low free kick which was cleared away easily by the Burnley defence, this resulted in Maybury doing some sort of muppet trick in the centre circle and then sending a woeful pass back to Hendo who just managed to keep it in before clearing it up field only for someone (can't remember) giving away a free kick needlessly. Free kick comes in from Burnley, free header and there you have it!!! 0-1 down and game over! Utter pants!!!

Mike Hunt Smells said:

I was heading for the cornish pasties.

flashyfox said:
The build up play to there goal summed up what a load of C**p we are at the moment. We had a free kick in a dangerous position only for Tiatto to send in a low free kick which was cleared away easily by the Burnley defence, this resulted in Maybury doing some sort of muppet trick in the centre circle and then sending a woeful pass back to Hendo who just managed to keep it in before clearing it up field only for someone (can't remember) giving away a free kick needlessly. Free kick comes in from Burnley, free header and there you have it!!! 0-1 down and game over! Utter pants!!!
Totally, totally wrong Flashy. At 1-0 the game was never over, Burnley could have easily popped in another 2 or 3 if we wanted them to :icon_lol:

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
For me very similar performance to saturday, first 15 to 20 minutes we showed some energy and determination, but after that it was a downward spiral, again another poor result but far more worryingly another inept performance that again highlighted the inbalance of the squad, poor fitness levels, poor preperation, lack of motivation and desire and unimaginative tactics.

Make no bones about this, the problems seem far more deep rooted that early season jitters or bad days at the office, these two games against Luton and Burnley with all due respect to both clubs were an opportunity to build a solid platform for the season, and TBH both are teams we need to and should be beating if we seriously want any chance of even staying up this season let alone harbour ambitions of any further progression.

I am not scaremongering but on the evidence of the performances, attitudes, level of commitment and the manager's tactics, formation, selections and substitutions we are in real danger this season of relegation.

I was hopeful of challenging the top 10, but I would settle now to finish the season one place above the relegation zone, yes after two games the stench of a relegation side hangs over the Walkers and I am afraid I have seen nothing to suggest that this season we can pull off another great escape.

Do you have a point redditch or were you just echoing a-z's post :icon_lol:

PFKAKTF FOX said:

I know. The whole atmosphere is just so depressing.

The squad looks badly prepared for the season. They have no quality. About everyone is going to out muscle them and the acquisitions look less than exciting (not that we could expect much).

Unless there is an unexpected turn round, I wouldn't be surprised at another managerial change in late mid season to try to pull something out of the bag.

This is not me advocating that because I think that the problems are much more deep seated than any manager - they are all about being broke and consequential long term decline.

Redditch Fox said:
Unless there is an unexpected turn round, I wouldn't be surprised at another managerial change in late mid season to try to pull something out of the bag.
Judging by the reaction of the crowd last night, and knowing how our fans pressure the board week in week out on matchday, I would expect to see another managerial change sooner than that, before Christmas :102:

Again, not advocating that, and not saying these are nessy celery my views, they are just based upon experience. Kelly needs to sort this out quick. The buck stops with him as far as performances go, he is on the verge of losing the "noisy" section of the crowd. He needs to get them back and quick

Redditch Fox said:
I know. The whole atmosphere is just so depressing.

The squad looks badly prepared for the season. They have no quality. About everyone is going to out muscle them and the acquisitions look less than exciting (not that we could expect much).

This is not me advocating that because I think that the problems are much more deep seated than any manager - they are all about being broke and consequential long term decline.

I agree with a lot of what you have posted, however whilst finances dictate that our manager has to shop in the bargain basement, it does not excuse poor preperation, poor tactics, lack of motivation and desire and poor fitness.

Our financial position means that the quality of player we can now attract isn't in the same leagues as the clubs who have parachute payments, however that means that we must be better prepared, fitter, better organised and well drilled, all aspects that Kelly can and should effect.

I'm only posting this because i have this annoying reminder on my screen

Hello EMC Fox it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Can't think of anything else to say really... except that I'm seriously considering not going to Saturday's match. They never come and see me when I'm bad :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669