Burnley Player Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes may well start playing to his ability now there are competition for places.

he can **** off then. he has to leave in the summer

Last edited:
Henderson 6
Maybury 3
Kisnorbo 4
McAuley 4
Johansson 5
Yeates 4
Jarrett 3
Johnson 4
Porter 4
Hume 4
Horsfield 5

Hughes 4
Stearman 4
Hammond 2

Hughes may well start playing to his ability now there are competition for places.

If that will be best he can do he can feck off now!

Now if he could start playing anywhere near Muzzy or Lennon's ability he can stay!

Last edited:
Henderson 6
Maybury 3
Kisnorbo 4
McAuley 4
Johansson 5
Yeates 4
Jarrett 3
Johnson 4
Porter 4
Hume 4
Horsfield 5

Hughes 4
Stearman
Hammond 2

I wasn't there MHS (last time at Turf Moor was the abandoned game on New Years day 2 or 3 years ago), but surprised the defense scored so low when they kept a clean shhet when under such reported pressure. Was Burnely's attacking play so poor?

I wasn't there MHS (last time at Turf Moor was the abandoned game on New Years day 2 or 3 years ago), but surprised the defense scored so low when they kept a clean shhet when under such reported pressure. Was Burnely's attacking play so poor?

the game 2 years ago was the one that got called off. i made my way down from edinburgh for it and was gutted when it was called off, but then went to a pub around the corner until late in the day and had a cracking laugh. i think i had more fun than if i'd suffered through a game actually. i think the low scores suggest it was just a pants game overall

Need a proper pair of fullbacks Maybury 3 is crap while Nils 4 is just too slow - Henderson 7 looks to be improving - Kis 8 and McCauly 7 look too be cementing a good centre half partnership ( not as good as Walsh and Elliot yet but getting there ) Johnson 6 was alright but very disappointed with Yeates 3 - Jarrett 5 was just ok while Porter 4 was not very good ( hes just so small bless him ) I thought the Horse 7 did alright whilst Hume 5 promises more - On the whole not the best performance we have ever witnessed but what was good to see was the fighting qualities which have missing too many times in the past few seasons

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Kisnorbo's and McAuley's marks. Kisnorbo did very well in keeping Akinbiyi out of the game. Johansson didn't do too badly.

Maybury was awful.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Kisnorbo's and McAuley's marks. Kisnorbo did very well in keeping Akinbiyi out of the game. Johansson didn't do too badly.

Maybury was awful.

Jeff, as well as Smilies can we have some stock phrases to save typing all the time?

I will start it off:

'Hughes was sh*te - again'

'Hume was a headless chicken - again!'

Henderson 7 - didnt have a lot to do, hes not the best of keepers but i never expected him to get beaten on the night so he must have done ok.

Maybury5 - disappointing, should be replaced by Stearman

McAuley7 - kept their strikers quiet

Kisnarbo8 - captains performance, threw himself at every loose ball and either him or McAuley headed out every set piece which was good to witness.
Nils 5 - too slow, got skinned on numerous occasions (good job Mahon didnt play).
Yeates 5 - disappointed in him never showed
Jarrett 5 - suppose he must offer something to the team, i couldnt see it on this performance.
Johnson 6 - did good defensive work nothing going forward.

Porter 5 - ineffective
Horsefield 6 led the line ok, put himself about but didnt look like scoring
Hume 6 worked hard, suprised to see him go off but we improved after

Hughes 7 Improved the team, worked hard
Hammond 7 they were scared of him for some reason, improved things without ever shining.
Stearman 6 - better going forward than Maybury, put him back in the team!.

Rubbish game, a good team would have hammered Burnley, against us they perhaps deserved at least a draw.

Good defensive and all round committed performance so improvement is cming slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669