Burnley post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times in the past have we seen teams come here and us outplay them, only to lose 1-0? It's nice to see some luck finally going our way in these games.

dare we talk of the play offs? :icon_conf

I would rather consolidate with MM in charge for another season. Going up this year would be disastrous IMHO.

nope, 200 on the Horse to score first..:mad:

McGreal obviously hates you, Joe. If he had left it Horsefield would definitely have scored.

I still can't believe RK said something like 'Our target this season is to get 50 points so we do not get relegated' - P45 suicide note!

Why didn't he say 'Our target this season is to get 80 points - the sooner me and my smashing bunch of lads reach 50 points to avoid relegation, the happier we will be, but we are where we are!

Strange, but didn't Martin always say the main tatrget was to get 40pts. to make sure we remained in the PREM. Maybe this is a realistic approach. Now we are ahead of schedule it will release the pressure and we can attain a higher than expected position like we did under MON.

Last edited:
Strange, but didn't Martin always say the main tatrget was to get 40pts. to make sure we remained in the PREM. Maybe this is a realistic approach. Now we are ahead of schedule it will release the pressure and we can attain a higher than expected position like we did under MON.

At the start of the seasonn when everyone was nil points....not in the middle of a relegation scrap.

I would rather consolidate with MM in charge for another season. Going up this year would be disastrous IMHO.

i was going to post yesterday about going up would be a bad thing so im agreeing with you bocster :icon_wink

Sorry to put a downer on it but does Paddys booking tonight mean he is suspended for the West Brom game?

didnt JB say it was his 4th of the season?

Stats on Sky say he had 4 before todays game.

I think it means he will be suspended,m but I don't think suspensions for totting up like this are immediate so he may not miss the WBA game. I'll see if I can find the rules.

Any period of suspension arising from totting-up cautions commences on the seventh day following the date of the last offence. So it rests on how many previous yellows he has had. It looks to me as though he will be suspended from the Southend game.

Last edited:
McGreal obviously hates you, Joe. If he had left it Horsefield would definitely have scored.

no he wouldnt, it was the shot from Porter which McGreal ran on to..... But prove me wrong as I might just be wrong, but I know I'm not...:icon_bigg

We didn't win it - Burnley lost it.

no they didnt we won it. Our defence played really well and thats what they get paid to do, defend.
Burnley didnt play well enough to break our defence down, and the very odd times they did Henderson was there

no he wouldnt, it was the shot from Porter which McGreal ran on to..... But prove me wrong as I might just be wrong, but I know I'm not...:icon_bigg

No, it was another Burnley bloke who blocked Levi's shot. It then hit McGreal and went into the net. If McGreal had managed to get out of the way, the Horse was right behind him and would have scored.

I always think that the best goals are those where the last two touches come from opponents. :icon_lol:

No, it was another Burnley bloke who blocked Levi's shot. It then hit McGreal and went into the net. If McGreal had managed to get out of the way, the Horse was right behind him and would have scored.

I always think that the best goals are those where the last two touches come from opponents. :icon_lol:

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

been looking on u tube but nothing is up yet. I thought Horsefield was on the edge of the box when the ball went in, as he had just put it through to Porter.....

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

been looking on u tube but nothing is up yet. I thought Horsefield was on the edge of the box when the ball went in, as he had just put it through to Porter.....

Seeing it on Sky. Thats right, Porter crossed it with Hammond lurking and Wayne Thomas came flying in to stop the ball. His clearance hit McGreal on the back who was getting up from challenging Porter.

But we were three games ago when RK said it.

Yes - and since then RK has had to raise his game along with the players.

Many of us thought for a long time that the hopelessly weak leadership at the club was the root cause of the disgraceful standards prior to MM rescuing the club.

Seems like we were only too right....not unexpected of course but just shows how things can slip away when there is no one effectively running the club at board level.

Also - many of us also knew that this is a totally crap division and it wouldn't take much to rise to the top - far too late for this season of course but next season should be a different story with a new manager still necessary in my opinion.

Yes - and since then RK has had to raise his game along with the players.

Many of us thought for a long time that the hopelessly weak leadership at the club was the root cause of the disgraceful standards prior to MM rescuing the club.

Seems like we were only too right....not unexpected of course but just shows how things can slip away when there is no one effectively running the club at board level.

Also - many of us also knew that this is a totally crap division and it wouldn't take much to rise to the top - far too late for this season of course but next season should be a different story with a new manager still necessary in my opinion.

I think that is inevitable RF. RK may make it one day - but there is little chance he will get the time at City as MM and the Foxes fans are too impatient (and why not). I hope given the chance (and time) he does prove himself elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69