Burnley post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't name me in that group until you know my opinion and hopes of our expectations Mike.

Being as you haven't asked me, and I haven't said anything, I can only asume you are including me due to my usual negative outlook on life, in which case you can be forgiven :icon_wink

Maybe he just thinks your a complete cock ? :102:

What ??

There is a world of difference between thinking you will win and hoping you will win

I go to matches hoping with all my heart that we will win, and it's that what gives me the buzz and excitement

But I also apply a bit of common sense, and that doesn't detract from how I feel. It actually adds to my enjoyment when we beat someone who logic and reason says we shouldn't

Saturday is a prime example. I personally think that they are the best team in this division and (all things being equal, given our performances this season) I think that they should beat us.

But I will go to the game hoping that we shove it right up their stinking dingle noses

:038: :038:

'Anyone who thinks we will get anywhere near the play-offs is a complete cock - FACT'

... but apart from Highland and Melts going 'Woe, Woe and thrice Woe ...', surely that description applies to nearly every City fan?

We spank a rival team in a local derby. We play totally crap against a team we haven't beaten for about 5 years - and we beat them. Every Leicester fan, exceptions above, is going to think ' The Gods are smiling on us, we have won the last 3 matches, therefore it is possible we could win the next 13 matches, therefore we would finish with more than 80 points and be in the play-offs!

I have no problem with this logic. This is how fans think.

If you do not think/believe your team is going to win, what is the point of being a fan?

Theres a difference between thinking and hoping.I hope we win every match but I don't think we will.I don't think every LCFC fan on here other than me and Melts think that,bit of a sweeping statement

Apologies Melts, memories of your hugely optimistic thoughts about City had not surfaced for me above your usual depressing morass of life's observations!

Apologies Melts, memories of your hugely optimistic thoughts about City had not surfaced for me above your usual depressing morass of life's observations!
:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

For the record. I personally think we are in with a chance of the play offs, two wins out of the next 3 will put us within touching distance.

So, do I think it's possible, yes, more than.

Do I think it will happen, unfortunately no, because I think the players will soon revert back to type once the MM effect starts to settle down

... But if the MM effect includes one or two inspired loans, maybe the effect will not start to settle down ... but then maybe I am just a COCK fact!

... But if the MM effect includes one or two inspired loans, maybe the effect will not start to settle down ... but then maybe I am just a COCK fact!
Well that's the key to good mamangement at all levels, to keep the MM factor running and adapting each situation as it needs it.

If the players can keep motivated and grinding out results, we are in with a very good shout.

We'll face a good test of our abilities on Sat'deh. We win that, and I may well start believing that this season may have a good ending.....

We'll face a good test of our abilities on Sat'deh. We win that, and I may well start believing that this season may have a good ending.....

It's already got a good ending - we're not going to get relegated

7 points! we are ahead of Robs target, time to go on a losing streak, make it an exciting end...

Last edited:
7 points! we are ahead of Robs target, time to go on a losing streak, make it an exciting end...
We are 6 points a head of RK's target.

We have played 3 since the target was set, we have 9 points compared to the 3 he wanted. I hope Kelly will now realise the pressure is off and that he is able to lose the next 6 games and still be on target.

I hope he doesn't push them too hard, we are in a luxurious position

We are 6 points a head of RK's target.

We have played 3 since the target was set, we have 9 points compared to the 3 he wanted. I hope Kelly will now realise the pressure is off and that he is able to lose the next 6 games and still be on target.

I hope he doesn't push them too hard, we are in a luxurious position

Feck that. I want 39 points.

I still can't believe RK said something like 'Our target this season is to get 50 points so we do not get relegated' - P45 suicide note!

Why didn't he say 'Our target this season is to get 80 points - the sooner me and my smashing bunch of lads reach 50 points to avoid relegation, the happier we will be, but we are where we are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00