Burnley post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering when the last time city won from an own goal was? And when also was the last time we went one nil up and held on? Times are a changing me 'thinks.....:icon_bigg

What ??

There is a world of difference between thinking you will win and hoping you will win

I go to matches hoping with all my heart that we will win, and it's that what gives me the buzz and excitement

But I also apply a bit of common sense, and that doesn't detract from how I feel. It actually adds to my enjoyment when we beat someone who logic and reason says we shouldn't

Saturday is a prime example. I personally think that they are the best team in this division and (all things being equal, given our performances this season) I think that they should beat us.

But I will go to the game hoping that we shove it right up their stinking dingle noses

Or, there again, I am probably a cock. FACT.............

Speak for yourself, I go to every match thinking we are going to win, not hoping.

I hope I win the lottery, I dont think I will win the lottery. Going to a match HOPING you are going to win, is to stand first in the line of losers.

Speak for yourself, I go to every match thinking we are going to win, not hoping.

I hope I win the lottery, I dont think I will win the lottery. Going to a match HOPING you are going to win, is to stand first in the line of losers.

ena0189l.jpg

Just wondering when the last time city won from an own goal was? And when also was the last time we went one nil up and held on? Times are a changing me 'thinks.....:icon_bigg

I can remember the games we lost by an own goal ... most of the ones Frank Sinclair played in!

any highlights for this game?

I watched/recorded sky sports for 2 hours and it only showed the goals from the same 4 championship games again and again and even showed leeds 0-0 but not our game I eventually gave up and set the highlights program to record but thats not on until thursday evening.

Lochhead puts Clarets first
By Suzanne Geldard

CLARETS legend Andy Lochhead sees two of his former sides go head-to-head tonight, but there's only one team he will be rooting for.

The striker joined Leicester City, after 10 years with Burnley, in 1968 and appeared in the FA Cup final against Manchester City in his first season at Filbert Street.

But despite such happy memories his allegiance is firmly with his first professional club.

advertisement
"I've got a lot of friends down in Leicester still who I visit now and again and I still keep in contact with the 1969 cup final team," said Lochhead.

What's your prediction for tonight's match. Add your comments below.

"It was a good time for me at Leicester and I have fond memories of the club.

"I still keep an eye on their progress - I think you always look for the results of your old clubs - but there's only one team I'll be backing tomorrow night!"

Like everyone involved with Burnley, Lochhead is desperate for a first win since November, and he has a good feeling about tonight.

"I think it will come tonight. From what I've heard of Saturday we are improving. People are getting sharper and better so hopefully a win will start a surge back up the table.

"Leicester are only a point in front so it's a chance to leapfrog them, and the sooner Burnley get this win in the bag the better."

He added: "Leicester had a good win on Saturday and one the week before that (at Ipswich) so hopefully we can put a stop to any sort of run they hope to get on."

Lochhead, who made his home in Burnley following spells with Aston Villa and Oldham, after leaving Leicester in February 1970, will make the half-time draw at Turf Moor tonight.

"It will be nice to walk out on the pitch again," he said.

I will forgive him, great player at City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670