Pre Match Bury Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it a useless competition when we won it?

Well it wasn't exactly seen as riveting then but I understand the day out at Wembley attraction - even went a couple of times to these occasions.

However, year on year the attendances look increasingly pathetic reflecting the team selections that suggest no club of any statures
gives a f---.

To add to the downside, success in the League Cup leads to being punished by having to play in the Europa League and the consequential penalty of a lower league position the following season.

Can see the opportunity for game time for fringe players....but I don't think this a justification for saturating the fixtures schedule.

Also. Bollocks to the "Europa league" is a curse nonsense.

What's the bastard point of playing the games if it isn't to try and achieve something.

The whole Europa League thing could be reduced if they just had a straight knockout rather than the stupid extra leagues nonsense. Teams, especially from the prem, don't usually have the squad depth to properly compete in both competitions.

Also. Bollocks to the "Europa league" is a curse nonsense.

What's the bastard point of playing the games if it isn't to try and achieve something.

I'd go along with FOXFranks suggestion and have that competition in a reduced format. A knock out basis would do that and give it a distinctive identity.

Just have to disagree on the League Cup..... I think that one domestic cup competition (the FA Cup) is quite enough - and its a puzzle as to how the FA can halt the decline of that one....... the Premier League may or may not be the best league competition but it certainly has the overwhelmingly biggest appeal.

I want European football.

Would be truly awful to win the League Cup, or play in that terrible Europa League thing

Jebus Cripies

I'd go along with FOXFranks suggestion and have that competition in a reduced format. A knock out basis would do that and give it a distinctive identity.

Just have to disagree on the League Cup..... I think that one domestic cup competition (the FA Cup) is quite enough - and its a puzzle as to how the FA can halt the decline of that one....... the Premier League may or may not be the best league competition but it certainly has the overwhelmingly biggest appeal.
The only way they will stop the decline is to make it worth the club's time financially. I worked out a couple of years ago that you win scrape just over 2m if you go all the way and win the FA cup (discounting any TV revenue if you're picked) whereas you'd make that by finishing two places higher in the Prem. Seeing as that could be through as little as goal difference, it's no wonder chairmen prefer the league.

Back in the 80's Bob Paisley was asked after Liverpool had won the League Cup what it meant to them. His reply was that they had qualified for Europe which was the aim at the start of every season.

Would be truly awful to win the League Cup, or play in that terrible Europa League thing

Jebus Cripies
Gobsmacked a fan of a club like ours would say that.

I suppose it all comes down to whether you want to actually go abroad and enjoy the whole experience, Its my one main ambition as far as City are concerned.

Erm yea, I'll blame it on the fact I'm an utter ****tard

I can't see any reason why we wouldn't want to change all eleven for this. We have the squad depth and the starting eleven is picking itself for now. So, for this game:

Schwarzer

Moore Wasyl Benny Chilwell

Kante Hammond Inler Fuchs

Kramaric Ulloa

I can't see any reason why we wouldn't want to change all eleven for this. We have the squad depth and the starting eleven is picking itself for now. So, for this game:

Schwarzer

Moore Wasyl Benny Chilwell

Kante Hammond Inler Fuchs

Kramaric Ulloa

I would agree, apart from the fact that we don't really have any replacement wingers - unless we play 5-3-2 with Fuchs and Moore as wing backs.

3-0 Leicester. Hammil, Stearman, Gudjónsson.

He's changing all 11 players for this one. Chilwell on the bench, Joe Dodoo to start as well as Inler.

i doubt anyone will play who is pencilled in to start saturday so even tho a weakened team it will be interesting team selection, whatever team we put out should be too strong, im predicting 1-3 foxes Ulloa 2 Krameric

I know it is not likely, but has anyone seen a 'stream' advertised for this match?
I have only come across this, but have never heard of the site before, so have no idea if is full of popups that you cannot delete and malware:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670