But really, what a load of rubbish.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

That season was. We finished below Plymouth, Luton, Coventry and Cardiff for Christ's sake....We were on the way down at one stage, had no cup run and in all were really crap.

Just thought I'd cheer you all up!

I believe MK predicted this would happen too.....

all optimism aside, i think the majority of us had a fair idea by october that it was gonna be a hard season.

next season won't be much better. although i do expect a small improvement.

Nathan said:
all optimism aside, i think the majority of us had a fair idea by october that it was gonna be a hard season.

next season won't be much better. although i do expect a small improvement.
Thanks for that!!! I was thinking about renewing this week

I am banking on play offs minimum. Surely the work has been done now and the important pieces are in place. We can't keep calling each season a rebuilding season. This year has to be achievement year

Melton Fox said:
I am banking on play offs minimum. Surely the work has been done now and the important pieces are in place. We can't keep calling each season a rebuilding season. This year has to be achievement year
Agreed:icon_wink

Melton Fox said:

Really? With Sunderland, WBA, Birmingham, three of the top six staying down, Wolves, Ipswich, Covscum etc you think we'll be in the Play Offs?

Doubt it.

alex said:
Really? With Sunderland, WBA, Birmingham, three of the top six staying down, Wolves, Ipswich, Covscum etc you think we'll be in the Play Offs?

Doubt it.

Agreed, altho I really hope Brum struggle. I think a top 10 finish will be all we can hope for next season :icon_sad:

alex said:

Doubt it.
I think we have to be. New Chairman, settled in manager, settled playing squad.

Sunderland, Birmingham & West Brom are all coming down. Their teams will be ripped apart, managers possibly leaving. When we got relegated we used all of them quotes to justify why we wouldn't get promoted again the following season.

We have to aim for the play offs minimum and not satisfied with anything less

The trend in the championship currently seems to be that sides that have been building for a while are out performing those that have just come down.

Last edited:
Sunderland = Huge consortium coming in to bankrole Niall Quinn's new dawn....
Brum = Doubt many will leave....They will be strong next year IMO
WBA = play off contenders at best

Preston, Palace, Leeds & Watford are all strong, whoever stays down will be contending.

Wolves = Ditching Twaddle, they will be better (must be?)

Every club above I think has better chances....

alex said:

Preston, Palace, Leeds & Watford are all strong, whoever stays down will be contending.

Blimey, there's no point in going then

alex said:

Plus most, if not all of the above, teams have cash to strengthen, we dont

Sorry all....But if we get in amongst that lot we would have been on fire next season - could happen though.

all 8 clubs can't have the season they are predicted to have, when we went down we were favourites remember

Got my ST for next season (or at least, have forked out for it), but I expect another season similar to this one. Oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669