But really, what a load of rubbish.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh said:
That might be ok with some free transfers, some of the kids and a lot of luck. But RK, in his infinite wisdom, decided not to blood any of the kids at the end of the season, so they have no first team experience and therefore cannot be counted amongst the squad (they may be crap).
I hoped he'd finish the season with the team that will start next season (or as close as), firstly to give them confidence, and secondly to carry on the stability. One of the main criticisms of this season was the fact that CL couldn't play the same team twice (or so it seemed). RK has kept a pretty much settled side, but apparently that's not good enough either.

With the benefit of hindsight (which is always 20:20), the performances since Championship status next season was guaranteed have been terrible and so it wouldn't have done any harm, but rather than being disappointed some kid who may or may not play next season for the first team being blooded, it's the fact my expectations for those last few games were probably too high that disappoints me.

LeeH said:
I hoped he'd finish the season with the team that will start next season (or as close as), firstly to give them confidence, and secondly to carry on the stability. One of the main criticisms of this season was the fact that CL couldn't play the same team twice (or so it seemed). RK has kept a pretty much settled side, but apparently that's not good enough either.

With the benefit of hindsight (which is always 20:20), the performances since Championship status next season was guaranteed have been terrible and so it wouldn't have done any harm, but rather than being disappointed some kid who may or may not play next season for the first team being blooded, it's the fact my expectations for those last few games were probably too high that disappoints me.

Disagree with you there Lee H, nobody is having a go at RK, I think he played it pretty much spot on, he kept a settled side which was the correct decision, however once we had secured our status, that would have been the ideal time to experiment with a few of the talented youngsters, it would have allowed players like Hughes etc who have been carrying knocks to rest and get themselves right for the new season, whilst maintaining a level of hunger and desire in what were in effect 'meaningless' matches.

With such a small squad and money at a premium the opportunity to blood a couple of younger players for next season should have been taken IMO.

duzza said we would go down so he must be happy.

highland fox said:
I like it most when watching swimming on Grandstand, and every now and then a male swimmer's trunks get ever-so-slightly snagged on the side of the pool when exiting. It's what I call heaven....

Long and happy days HF....?

Joe_Fox said:
duzza said we would go down so he must be happy.

I said we would go down if Levein remained in charge, which looked a fair bet just before he went. I am happy Joe.

highland fox said:
You know what? I've got this funny man from Kinlochleven YMCA feeling in my underpants... :icon_razz .....

:icon_roll

Duzza said:
Whats up Alex?

Not a lot in my house, nappies, tearaway two-year-old, finishing an album, working in an office to pay the bills, bored already with no Foxes, blah....

You?

How the fook is everyone today for Gawd's sake?

alex said:
Not a lot in my house, nappies, tearaway two-year-old, finishing an album, working in an office to pay the bills, bored already with no Foxes, blah....

You?

How the fook is everyone today for Gawd's sake?
Ditto, apart from the album bit

Nathan said:
all optimism aside, i think the majority of us had a fair idea by october that it was gonna be a hard season.

next season won't be much better. although i do expect a small improvement.

I think you are wrong. As long as we dont sell to many players and if we carry on the way we have played during kelly's time we will be in the play offs or very near to them.

step said:
I think you are wrong. As long as we dont sell to many players and if we carry on the way we have played during kelly's time we will be in the play offs or very near to them.

Since being assured of our Championship status, our performances on the whole have been poor.

alex said:
Since being assured of our Championship status, our performances on the whole have been poor.
They have, does that point to the payers having the wrong attitude, the management unable to motivate them or does it say how efficient they are as a unit. Only putting in the required amount of effort to achieve the result, once that is achived what is the point in exerting uneeded effort

Or does it say something else?

Melton Fox said:
They have, does that point to the payers having the wrong attitude, the management unable to motivate them or does it say how efficient they are as a unit. Only putting in the required amount of effort to achieve the result, once that is achived what is the point in exerting uneeded effort

Or does it say something else?

It says the same that it always does:

Its the end of the season, nothing to play for, don't get injured, don't embarass yourself and look forward to the summer break.

Its not just Leicester, its every team in the country, surely everyone appreciates that?!

Dunc said:

Its the end of the season, nothing to play for, don't get injured, don't embarass yourself and look forward to the summer break.

Its not just Leicester, its every team in the country, surely everyone appreciates that?!
I'm not happy to accept that, no. I have paid to see players play this year that don't seem to give a toss about this club. This was their chance to show us they are worth paying to see. (x) amount of supporters travelled half the length of England to support them, surely they should show some support back.

If this is the case and that we should accept it. I would like to see a reduction my season ticket price to equate for that attitude

Dunc said:

it's bound to happen.

just look at chelsea now they've won the league. man u now they have nothing particularly to play for.

Reading have suprised me by winning a few games since they clinched the title.

Melton Fox said:
I'm not happy to accept that, no. I have paid to see players play this year that don't seem to give a toss about this club. This was their chance to show us they are worth paying to see. (x) amount of supporters travelled half the length of England to support them, surely they should show some support back.

If this is the case and that we should accept it. I would like to see a reduction my season ticket price to equate for that attitude

I believe its called Human Nature.

You can try justfying it to get some money back but unfortunately its the same in every industry (eg, salesman hits yearly target in March, no orders til May).

I'm not saying we should accept it but but its going to happen, just as it did when we were promoted under MA.

By the same token its not an indication of how we will do next season.

It happens slightly less in the Prem as each position gives more money than the one below, but you are living in some Melton Fox Utopia if you think its going to happen as a rule.

Last edited:
Nathan said:
it's bound to happen.

just look at chelsea now they've won the league. man u now they have nothing particularly to play for.

Reading have suprised me by winning a few games since they clinched the title.

You don't have to convince me, I'm not saying its right either, just human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669