Cambiasso isn't coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm most disappointed because I'd just had 'Esteban Matias Cambiasso Deleau is MAGIC' tattooed on my John Thomas
My " Junior Lewis is magic, you know " tatoo would have to be laser removed first. The colours are fading a bit 'tho.

When this news broke and rippled around the stand at Sincil Bank last night, I like pretty much everyone else there was gutted by the news. Can't say I'm hugely surprised. I think we were punching well above our weight when we signed him and it's a shame we didn't offer him more than a year to begin with but I can understand the reasons for this.

Today I woke up feeling just as disappointed. The best player I have seen in blue by an absolute country mile. He was head and shoulders above every player in our squad and I'm confident that his experience played a big part off the pitch too. This is a huge loss for the club and in my opinion irreplaceable. I just hope we get some decent midfield options in soon and can hit the ground running but I'm under no illusions that we'll be able to find anything Cambiasso.

He's Magic you know
Thank you Cambiasso.

Just tried that google app "Like Cambiasso but a few years younger" - didn't find any results, hope Claudio has better luck...

When this news broke and rippled around the stand at Sincil Bank last night, I like pretty much everyone else there was gutted by the news. Can't say I'm hugely surprised. I think we were punching well above our weight when we signed him and it's a shame we didn't offer him more than a year to begin with but I can understand the reasons for this.

Today I woke up feeling just as disappointed. The best player I have seen in blue by an absolute country mile. He was head and shoulders above every player in our squad and I'm confident that his experience played a big part off the pitch too. This is a huge loss for the club and in my opinion irreplaceable. I just hope we get some decent midfield options in soon and can hit the ground running but I'm under no illusions that we'll be able to find anything Cambiasso.

He's Magic you know
Thank you Cambiasso.

I thought he would only sign a one year deal? He did not want to commit to more than one season in case it did not work out, never having played in the Prem before, and especially joining a new team in the Prem, not a big established team.

I thought he would only sign a one year deal? He did not want to commit to more than one season in case it did not work out, never having played in the Prem before, and especially joining a new team in the Prem, not a big established team.
I believe you are right, it was one year maximum. I still can't believe that he did sign for us in the first place, so hats off to the club for that.

I really question whether we were going to be anything other than a last resort to him for this season, even if NP had stayed.

We were a last resort for him last season. I'm not questioning his commitment once he did sign but the way it dragged on its obvious he was exploring all other options first (not that I blame him for that),

Where are the midfielders you useless bunch of horse cocks

Lako, everytime I read one of your posts, whether you're being serious or not I end up laughing, I don't know why but the avatar cracks me up for some unknown reason.

Cambos replacement would possibly be am ex CR player with prem experience eg Lasanna Diarra (complete guess btw)

Having a medical at Wet Spam according to TalkWank

I just typed something utterly abhorrent and massively insulting about Cambiasso.

I deleted, but mark my words, he'll be dead to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669