Campbell out for 12 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has played 11 games for us,its slightly early to be drawing conclusions.I'm not saying he isn't our best striker indeed I think all of our Strikers would improve if they had a midfield behind them

Well said h!

IMO Fryatt, Campbell, John and even Cort are capable of 15 goals a season in this league if they were given any service at all!

We don't need anymore strikers, we need 4 or 5 midfield players and a centre back wouldn't go a miss either although not a priority!

Well said h!

IMO Fryatt, Campbell, John and even Cort are capable of 15 goals a season in this league if they were given any service at all!

We don't need anymore strikers, we need 4 or 5 midfield players and a centre back wouldn't go a miss either although not a priority!
The trouble is - none of them ever seem to be where they should be running in and around the box. Whenever they are then both forward players always seem to be in the same place stumbling over each other.

How many hit and hopes from 20yds+ have we seen simply because we can not work the ball in.

The major problem with the four you listed is their collective fragility - that's why we need to replace them. We need forwards that can run, shoot, mix it with defenders and stay healthy. Maybe they could score 15 goals...but we need more than that.

According to Melton we've got Stern John as well
TBH, I don't really think it matter what their names are. I wouldn't recognise any of the tossers if I passed them in the street.

Never in my life have I lost so much interest in who plays for us.

TBH, I don't really think it matter what their names are. I wouldn't recognise any of the tossers if I passed them in the street. Never in my life have I lost so much interest in who plays for us.

You could easily pass them in the street. They are all a bit short of pace and their off the ball movement is extremely poor.

He may be lazy, but he is not ineffective. As in BN's earlier post, many goalscorers have fitted this discription. I am not saying Campbell is a great striker but the likelihood is he is a very good one at championship level and if the midfield and his strike partner played as well as the defence have for much of the season, I would have seen him getting close to 20 goals. {QUOTE]

I tend to agree. I think he was about as good as we could sign in the close season.

Decent strikers cost serious money - we paid half serious money - and got Campbell. I think he would score a reasonable number of goals with the right service.

However, things have gone badly for Campbell since he joined the club and in my experience when they start badly they usually finish badly - so my expectations for him have now lowered. One thing for sure is that we couldn't now recoup the money we paid for him.

I just clicked on this thread thinking it was about the three month long "Black Girlie Gay International Football Player" Festival being held in Ibiza after Christmas.

I should have checked what forum it was in first.

I just clicked on this thread thinking it was about the three month long "Black Girlie Gay International Football Player" Festival being held in Ibiza after Christmas.

I should have checked what forum it was in first.

Our man "DJ" Campbell probably wouldn't even score.

I'm sure other famous Campbells might.

Until we have seen the Hammond / Cort partnership in operation then I think that it is unfair to judge

But in my opinion, what little I have seen of Collins John suggests he is better than anything else we have - but impossible to tell, really as no one has had a decent run in the side (apart from Hume, who we all know it shit, but will probably be voted player of the year again by the BM army)

Totally agree ...

With the second paragraph.
(I think the first paragraph is a piss-take anyway.)

He didn't. He scored two goals in three games under MA.

The main problem people have with Campbell is the fact that he appears to be out of the game and lazy. This is the same accusation levelled against almost every goalscorer in history. A perfect example at Leicester would be Lineker. A man who was often slated for his lack of contribution to the team and general uselessness before he suddenly became a Leicester legend.

You give Campbell 100 chances and he'll score you 40 goals. You give Hume 100 chances, he'll score 10, Fryatt maybe 15. In a nutshell, that's the difference between them.

I think you been very generous to fryatt there.

MDV without a doubt is underated by our fans I also think campbell is underrated, hume and especially fryatt both overated.

MA2 was using mdv and campbell and it showed how prolific it can be against watford promotion contenders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670