Card Watch 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five cards for City at Villa Park this evening shouldn't hide the fact that we still have one of the best disciplinary records in the Premier League. Before the game our 1R, 21Y record was the best of any club and compared well with Stoke's 1R, 41Y and Man City's 2R, 34Y at the other end of that particular table.

I'm presuming at the moment that Konchesky's dismissal was as a result of the after-tackle clash rather than the tackle itself. And I would be pleased to hear from anybody who knows the reason for Wasilewski's booking immediately following Villa's second goal.

Europe? I fancy a late July visit to Kazakhstan or Macedonia.

Having now seen the incident in the post-match discussion, it's difficult to know exactly what Konchesky was sent off for. I'm almost inclined to believe that it was for the tackle itself. If it was for the 'afters' then surely Hutton would have gone too because he seemed the guiltier party at that stage.

What does seem to be odd though is that the ref did not seem to have any intention to produce a card before the escalation. If I didn't think that all refs definitely know the rules. I could almost think that he had decided to give a yellow for the tackle and a yellow to both players for the 'handbags' and then, thinking that yellow + yellow = red, simply decided not to go through the onerous rigmarole of showing Konchesky both cards. Perhaps he thought that you can just do the adding up in your head.

I'd love to see what he wrote in his report. I'm sure that there will be a appeal.

Paul Konchesky - 1 RED
Aston Villa (a) - violent conduct (to be confirmed)

Konchesky will be suspended from the games against Man City (h), West Ham (a) and Tottenham (h) - to be confirmed

Now confirmed on thefa.com

Having now seen the incident in the post-match discussion, it's difficult to know exactly what Konchesky was sent off for. I'm almost inclined to believe that it was for the tackle itself. If it was for the 'afters' then surely Hutton would have gone too because he seemed the guiltier party at that stage.

What does seem to be odd though is that the ref did not seem to have any intention to produce a card before the escalation. If I didn't think that all refs definitely know the rules. I could almost think that he had decided to give a yellow for the tackle and a yellow to both players for the 'handbags' and then, thinking that yellow + yellow = red, simply decided not to go through the onerous rigmarole of showing Konchesky both cards. Perhaps he thought that you can just do the adding up in your head.

I'd love to see what he wrote in his report. I'm sure that there will be a appeal.

I think PK deserved a red card but only for two yellow card offences in quick succession (tackle and aggression). Can the ref do this and dilute the dismissal to a one match ban I wonder?

If he can, he probably will as it will prevent him looking a prize arse,

I think PK deserved a red card but only for two yellow card offences in quick succession (tackle and aggression). Can the ref do this and dilute the dismissal to a one match ban I wonder?

If he can, he probably will as it will prevent him looking a prize arse,

The FA have announced it as a 3-game ban. It would now take an appeal, with is accompanying risk, to get the decision modified.

The FA have announced it as a 3-game ban. It would now take an appeal, with is accompanying risk, to get the decision modified.

Which would mean that it was for the initial tackle? If so how on earth did Vardy stay on the pitch after taking out Westwood with, in my view, a much worse challenge.

Which would mean that it was for the initial tackle? If so how on earth did Vardy stay on the pitch after taking out Westwood with, in my view, a much worse challenge.

I think it's for the so-called head butt.

So why wasn't Hutton sent off for going in face first and then raising his hands to an opponent which is a red card offence by itself?

3 spots available in the Europa League provided the league is one of the three 'fairest' in the continent. A spot per country to the team top of the FPL. Beginning in the first qualifying round.

Ah - I remember that now. Didn't we get near that once some years ago?

The sad thing this season is that the 28 points amassed in the Villa Park fixture have taken us from top place to 5th equal in that particular table.

Is it?

Do you believe everything commentators say?

I would suggest using both hands to assault someone off the ball is violent conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669