Post Match Cardiff 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far more positives than negatives to take from that.

The last minute equaliser was a choker precisely because it was so undeserved. We went to the side with the best home record in the division and utterly outplayed them throughout, restricting them to one shot from which they scored. That's football sadly.

Learn from tonight I say, because it sounds as though Pearson got his tactics bang on the money.

A very important point.
With us playing after Brighton and Forest on Saturday, we could have found ourselves outside the top 6 come kick off time against the sheep. That would be confidence sapping.

A very important point.
With us playing after Brighton and Forest on Saturday, we could have found ourselves outside the top 6 come kick off time against the sheep. That would be confidence sapping.

It would probably also be a sackable offence. We're guaranteed to be in the top six going into the international break and that's probably enough to keep Pearson safe.

Fans would cut Pearson some slack after that result, but why make the subs he did? Surely not to waste time else he would of waited until injury time to make them. And why does he have to come across as a complete arrogant arse on the radio?

Uneccessary change. Credit is due for switching up the midfield.

Will someone please tell us what Vardy did to give away the goal?

I can't remember him being blamed on the 5 Live commentary.
I listened to 5live where no one mentioned him, then turn over to RL and Young said he could have got closer to the bloke who crossed the ball to make it harder for him.

Pathetic to blame Vardy for the goal but Wellens didn't make any cock ups so they've got blame scapegoat number 2 and by implication Pearson.

Last edited:
It's frustrating but it's not the end of the world. Before the match I think anyone would have taken a point. We need to win a game soon though please.

All my fault. Just lately, the instant I switch the radio on we concede a goal. Does this happen to anyone else?

Just watching on sky it looks like neither Vardy or Sledge made much effort to stop the cross and Morgan did nothing challenging the header.

Why all the blame on Vardy?

I've just got back from the match. First half wasn't great, we had a few more chances but didn't play particularly well. The team selection did its job though, and Wellens put himself about. Second half we were magnificent until we scored. Then we just gave the ball away far too much to ever feel confident that we wouldn't concede.

I don't know if Vardy was to blame directly, the goal was at the far side from me, but you always felt they were going to have a chance at some stage as Vardy, Waggy and Kane had no idea how to keep the possession. I know Wood was tired after putting in an excellent 'shift', but surely another ten minutes of him would have given us the 3 points.

Oh, and I thought Schlupp was brilliant at left-back. Some great runs, great tackles and passing and movement with Dyer.

Finally, NP selects three central midfielders and plays five across midfield and, surprise, surprise, we're more solid and competitive.

However, we have to change this formation after an hour as one of the three midfielders is so unfit that he's got to come off. This midfielder hasn't played a game in anger for ages and we don't have another midfielder to replace him. I think this is key. Players that have two games a week are knackered and players that don't play at all are also knackered. Something stinks in terms of what is supposed to be happening on the training ground.

When we score and go ahead, we should be able to shut up shop, overrun the midfield and kill the game. But we can't because the team is run by a total moron. Danns could have been on the bench, Wellens could have been got fit, a loaned midfielder could have been brought in. All managerial failures.

I don't blame Vardy for letting a cross go in. I blame NP for relying on Vardy (a piss poor miserable failure of a signing) to do a defensive job in such key circumstances. We finished the game with four out of form strikers on the pitch.

A draw may be of value in our competition for 5th/6th place. But it is yet another opportunity pissed away against a poor side for no good reason.

Just watching on sky it looks like neither Vardy or Sledge made much effort to stop the cross and Morgan did nothing challenging the header.

Why all the blame on Vardy?

DUH!!!! So that PEAR SON can be blamed for bringing him on. That's how the modern game works, there has to be somebody to blame. Do try to keep up lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669