Cardiff (a) 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible pitch which didn't help. However, Cardiff were better prepared for the game and, as Bristle did last Friday

Thankfully, Bristle weren't prepared for neither first half or injury time

Just read Ramsey is going back to the Arse after Cardiff's game against Hull on satdy. How much game time has he been having, Rhydal? Will you miss him?

Just read Ramsey is going back to the Arse after Cardiff's game against Hull on satdy. How much game time has he been having, Rhydal? Will you miss him?
Always was the case. We'd hoped Arsenal would get knocked out of one of the cup comps they're in so they didn't need him, but that's what you have to deal with when you have so many loans.

He's been a stand out player in midfield for us only missed the Florist game last weekend.

Will be gutted to see him go, especially if Olifinjana is out too after the injury he picked up last night. Unlike last season though, we have Whitts can move back into the middle with Bellamy's reappearance, and Koumas/ McPhail in if Oli is out. Nice to have back up.

Will be good news for you that he plays on the weekend against Hull and hopefully keep Pearson's nose out of the playoff equation. They're starting to get their act together somewhat of late?

They will miss him definitely. Quality player.

Hull won't be an easy game for you Rhydal.
They have the proliferous Matty Fyatt up front and Jack Hobbs in defence, gunning for you after last year ;)

Hull won't be an easy game for you Rhydal.
They have the proliferous Matty Fyatt up front and Jack Hobbs in defence, gunning for you after last year ;)
We have agent Gerard in place. All is well.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Billy Wright was originally a right half, who became a centre half (the equivalent of a single centre back in modern parlance).

The centre-half was unsurprisingly the middle position of the 3 half-backs (the line of the midfield 3) in the 2-3-5 formation. It is not the modern equivilent of a centre back at all, it is much more like a central midfielder or rather a defensive midfielder. Anyone using it to indicate the central position of the defensive line, either in the modern game or in the later WM formation is/was doing so incorrectly.

Billy Wright played a centre-half, I never said he didn't play other positions as well.

Last edited:
Thats ok. We couldve let you out the car in Newport. We'd forgot about the game by the time we finally got on the m50 after the diversion from the Twilight Zone!

The motorways were a complete nightmare on the way home, thought i was never gonna get out of Wales :icon_sad:

Horrific defending for both of goals, I can only recall them having 2 shots on target. Ricardo needs to learn how to catch the ball rather than punching it all the time. We just weren't up for the task last night.

Last edited:
The centre-half was unsurprisingly the middle position of the 3 half-backs (the line of the midfield 3) in the 2-3-5 formation. It is not the modern equivilent of a centre back at all, it is much more like a central midfielder or rather a defensive midfielder. Anyone using it to indicate the central position of the defensive line, either in the modern game or in the later WM formation is/was doing so incorrectly.

Billy Wright played a centre-half, I never said he didn't play other positions as well.

Think I'll stick with the OED definition of centre half (another term for centre back) but thanks for the anal breakdown of the previous usage of the term.

Think I'll stick with the OED definition of centre half (another term for centre back)

Well, if it's in the OED, it must be right then. They're a well respected authority on all things football, after all.

Always was the case. We'd hoped Arsenal would get knocked out of one of the cup comps they're in so they didn't need him, but that's what you have to deal with when you have so many loans.

He's been a stand out player in midfield for us only missed the Florist game last weekend.

Will be gutted to see him go, especially if Olifinjana is out too after the injury he picked up last night. Unlike last season though, we have Whitts can move back into the middle with Bellamy's reappearance, and Koumas/ McPhail in if Oli is out. Nice to have back up.

Will be good news for you that he plays on the weekend against Hull and hopefully keep Pearson's nose out of the playoff equation. They're starting to get their act together somewhat of late?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;)

Last edited:
You're applauding them for promoting the misuse of English?

Language moves forward, whilst centre half was used to describe a defensive midfield player in the past it is now commonly used to refer to a central defender, the OED tracks changes in usage of terms and reflects them. There is no international standards system for naming of football positions just usage and tradition.

I have to say I'm 100% with the Prof here. There are plenty of other terms that people use in football all the time - Premiership, linesman, injury time, etc - which are equally outdated and incorrect.

Being wrong, but consistently wrong, still doesn't make you right.

I have to say I'm 100% with the Prof here. There are plenty of other terms that people use in football all the time - Premiership, linesman, injury time, etc - which are equally outdated and incorrect.

Being wrong, but consistently wrong, still doesn't make you right.

The point is that there are official names from govening bodies for the other things you mention (FIFA for officials and injury time and the Premier League is a legal entity) but there is no official body that has oversight on football position names and these go in and out of fashion so who's to say it's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669