Cardiff City - Play-off semi-final 2nd leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Come on boys. Let's go out there with a positive line-up and a positive mindset and let's get to Wembley to beat the Treehuggers or to shut up Rent-a-Quote...

Weale

Solano Bruce Hobbs Berner

N'Guessan King Spearing Gallagher

Howard Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Morrison, Fryatt, Wellens, Kermogant, Dyer, Adams

If Vaughn is fit then I'd have him on the bench in place of Adams. I would keep Bruce in the team even if Brown is fit.

Come on you Foxes! This is still winnable! :038::038::038:

Weale

Morrison Bruce Hobbs Berner

Spearing King Wellens Gallagher

Howard Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Solano, Brown, Oakley, N'Guessan, Fryatt, Super Yann

Weale
Morrison Hobbs Bruce Berner
Waghorn Wellens Oakley Gallagher
Howard Kermit

Subs:
King, Fryatt, N'Guessan, Adams, Dyer, Spearing, Brown.

Yes, no sub keeper but feck it. It's winner take all innit?
and yeah yeah I'm biased putting Oakley back in, BUT imo on Wednesday a bit of play-off winning experience in the side wouldn't be such a bad thing. (And yes, I want some photos of him before he moves on!! That's assuming he will of course)

Weale
Howard Kermit

Subs:

and yeah yeah I'm biased putting Oakley back in, BUT imo on Wednesday a bit of play-off winning experience in the side wouldn't be such a bad thing. (And yes, I want some photos of him before he moves on!! That's assuming he will of course)

Might as well go for broke. I know he's not match fit, but start Fryatt. He may do something in the 60 minutes that he lasts.

Might as well go for broke. I know he's not match fit, but start Fryatt. He may do something in the 60 minutes that he lasts.

For fecks sake, do NOT start Fryatt. yards off the pace. Did not have a clue. One on one with the keeper and he misses again like he has so may times before. Start Waghorn and Howard, and bring on Yann as soon as Howard runs out of steam, 45 mins tops, probably!

For fecks sake, do NOT start Fryatt. yards off the pace. Did not have a clue. One on one with the keeper and he misses again like he has so may times before. Start Waghorn and Howard, and bring on Yann as soon as Howard runs out of steam, 45 mins tops, probably!

I know my idea was radical, but let's face it, the last couple of games when he has come on for the last 15 minutes he hasn't done feck all.

I reckon if he starts he may start to provide something after the first 15 minutes to get into his stride!

One on one with the keeper and he misses again like he has so may times before.

It's funny people always criticise Fryatt for missing a lot of his one-on-ones, but he used to get into at least one of them almost every single game, I can't remember any of our others strikers even getting into those kind of positions tbh.

Fryatt's positional skills are leagues ahead of any of our other strikers.

Last edited:
Come on boys. Let's go out there with a positive line-up and a positive mindset and let's get to Wembley to beat the Treehuggers or to shut up Rent-a-Quote...

Weale

Solano Bruce Hobbs Berner

N'Guessan King Spearing Gallagher

Howard Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Morrison, Fryatt, Wellens, Kermogant, Dyer, Adams

If Vaughn is fit then I'd have him on the bench in place of Adams. I would keep Bruce in the team even if Brown is fit.

Solano? Really?

Weale
Howard Kermit

Subs:

Don't fancy bringing Logan on for the penos?

To be fair, I think we're lucky to be going down there only 1 down,
but this tie ain't over yet, if we can level it early on then we have a chance - but, if we go 2 down then I fear a whalloping.

TBH I think we would be using our subs up long before then so would have to make do with Weale.

True.

Always get nervous with no keeper on the bench, you just know that the game you do it is the game you'll need one for.

Last edited:
I'll never understand the logic behind people posting their favoured line-up. We'll play what ever line-up NP picks.

I'll never understand the logic behind people posting their favoured line-up. We'll play what ever line-up NP picks.

Just for you. :icon_wink

Weale

Morrison Bruce Hobbs Berner

N'Guessan Wellens King Dyer

Kermorgant Waghorn

Logan, Brown, Solano, Spearing, Gallagher, Howard, Fryatt

weale
morrison hobbs bruce
solano berner
king wellens
kermogant
waghorn gallagher

Last edited:
IMO we need to get as much pace into the side as possible, we need to put Cardiff under intense pressure from beginning to end, bombard them and pin them back, not allowing their better players to influence the game.

I would go with the following:

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

N'Guessan
Wellens
King
Dyer

Waghorn
Vaughan