Cardiff City - Play-off semi-final 2nd leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miracles are going to happen on Wednesday.

The atmosphere is going to be unbelievable and something special is going to happen.

(And if it does, I'll just be pleased to get out of Wales alive!!!)

Seriously n'guessan was awful in the league at Cardiff. Their defenders had him sussed not enough tracking back for me off him either. That said he was great at QPR in one of our away wins of the season.

Seriously n'guessan was awful in the league at Cardiff. Their defenders had him sussed not enough tracking back for me off him either. That said he was great at QPR in one of our away wins of the season.

N'Guessan is very inconsistent but I would take a chance on him on Wednesday, he offers power, pace and a goal threat and I think he should be able to give Kennedy a torrid time and with that in mind hopefully force Whittingham back into a more defensive role.

We're only 1 -0, going in with a gungho attitude would play into their hands.
Already mentioned they have pace aplenty up front.

I'd start with Howard (get him to ruffle a few feathers)(in place of Gallagher) and Waghorn up front, after an hour bring on Vaughan (if fit) and Fryatt.
If Morrison is fit (calm down BF,) I'd play him instead of Solano, rest as was.

Their fulback, No2, the one who looked like Tom O'Connor WAS AWFUL, and I felt we didn't attack down his side of the field enough.
Blatant hand ball from him though

Their fulback, No2, the one who looked like Tom O'Connor WAS AWFUL, and I felt we didn't attack down his side of the field enough.
Blatant hand ball from him though

I agree, I think Cardiff's achilles heel are their full backs and we need to exploit that by playing two out and out pacy wingers and really having a go at them, that way we should then create more space in the middle for our strikers and King to exploit.

I agree, I think Cardiff's achilles heel are their full backs and we need to exploit that by playing two out and out pacy wingers and really having a go at them, that way we should then create more space in the middle for our strikers and King to exploit.

Tom O'Conner was skinned just about every time the ball came down his side, and when he did get the ball all he did was kick it up field with no idea where the ball was going and we picked it up again.
Also he looked old and unfit!

2-1 Defeat, after yesterday I just can't see us beating these even though they looked nothing special.

Fryatt shouldn't start as a punishment for his one on one **** up yesterday!! Go for Howard and Waghorn.

I would bring in Morrison, N'Guessan and Howard. Out would go Solano, Dyer and Gallagher. If we can get to half time with a clean sheet then i'm sure Cardiff will start to sit back and defend their lead. We need to play to our strengths I don't care if it's not pretty but Cardiff didn't look very physical (apart from Bothroyd). Get the the big lads on and with Waghorns corners we will put them under pressure( Howard, N'Guessan, King, Hobbs, Bruce and Morrison all to aim for). Plenty of pace on the bench if needed.

The bloke sat next to me at the game said that Bothroyd is banned for the next game because of his yellow card, can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
Is this game on Sky?
Reason I ask is the florist/B'pool 2nd leg has sky sports annotated on the sky sports website, but there isn't any indication on the CCFC v LCFC game.

Id bring in Morrison for Nobby (rumours about his set pieces have not been seen here!+ Morrison is dangerous at corners etc
Id play Howard with Waggy in a 442, then after we equilise replace him with Danny, as they have to push forward
If Hobbs/Bruce play as good i think we will win 0-2 Howard Waghorn

anyone know if the team are flying down to cardiff, the same as the league game?

Solano had his best game for us (so far) in my opinion. Keep him in.

Weale
Solano Hobbs Bruce Berner
Gally Wellens King Spearing
Waghorn Kermorgant/Howard (heart/head)

For fecks sake, do NOT start Fryatt. yards off the pace. Did not have a clue. One on one with the keeper and he misses again like he has so may times before. Start Waghorn and Howard, and bring on Yann as soon as Howard runs out of steam, 45 mins tops, probably!

I know my idea was radical, but let's face it, the last couple of games when he has come on for the last 15 minutes he hasn't done feck all.

I reckon if he starts he may start to provide something after the first 15minutes to get into his stride!

We would be mad to start with Fryatt, he is clearly not fit, why would we want to do this when Howard and then Kermo can split the role in each half if need be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669