Cardiff could be rebranded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's back on.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18324804

The owners indicated they would be ready to invest a total of £100m into the club if the Bluebirds change their shirt colours from blue for red and rebrand the club crest so it would have made the Championship club more appealing in the Far East....
​Now the change of shirt colour is back on the agenda and will be debated at this week's board meeting as Cardiff fans have started to cool on their rebrand opposition because of the scale of the proposed investment by the club's Asian owners.

why don't they just buy a team that plays in red

£100 million and they still wouldn't be as good as the other village team down the road! Would be quite mad though and also a sad indication of how football is selling it soul now in the hunt for 'the promised land' if the Bluebirds did change to play in red.

£100 million and they still wouldn't be as good as the other village team down the road! Would be quite mad though and also a sad indication of how football is selling it soul now in the hunt for 'the promised land' if the Bluebirds did change to play in red.

You mean 'The Redbirds' ?

Announcement tomorrow. Red Army.

And in the next exciting instalment, Notts F!"£$t announce their intention of playing in Royal Blue shirts. Why should Cardiff get all the laughs?

Holy Jebus, what a truly shameful act of ignorance and greed

cardiff-city-s-new-red-home-kit-and-blue-away-kit-89576153.jpg

The Bluebird is still there I notice.

The colour red is widely recognised as being synonymous with Welsh culture and heritage, with Cardiff the proud capital of the country. The colour also holds strong spiritual significance in Asia, where it is seen as a symbol of prosperity, power and good fortune

Last edited:
The Bluebird is still there I notice.

A tiny little footnote on the badge. I reckon if they thought they could have gotten rid of it altogether, they would have.

Holy Jebus, what a truly shameful act of ignorance and greed
Yeah, greedy bastards subsidising us to the tune of £1m a month and now chucking £100m in too.

And talking of ignorance, we originally played in brown and yellow, were called Riverside FC and our home ground was Sophia Gardens where Glamorgan (and England) play cricket. So a change to the colour/name/badge/ground/owner/players/manager/fans/staff/train times is all a part of the life of this and any club. Your's is no exception.

I just hope we put the cash to better use than paying for Sven's retirement and Sousa's poorly fitting suits.

The owners are on the right lines but need to go further. Keeping the name 'Cardiff City' won't work - it's too well Cardiff and too Welsh. This has limited appeal. Dragons tho is good marketing material- well known symbol in South East Asia and China which is a key market. Rhydal should have a word with the owners and suggest something like - 'Euroasia Red Dragons'.

That said I'm a bit of a traditionalist so I'm glad that we're not subject to the marketing whims of far away owners.

Yeah, greedy bastards subsidising us to the tune of £1m a month and now chucking £100m in too.

And talking of ignorance, we originally played in brown and yellow, were called Riverside FC and our home ground was Sophia Gardens where Glamorgan (and England) play cricket. So a change to the colour/name/badge/ground/owner/players/manager/fans/staff/train times is all a part of the life of this and any club. Your's is no exception.

I just hope we put the cash to better use than paying for Sven's retirement and Sousa's poorly fitting suits.

Level-headed view, and one I agree with.

£100 million though - not a chance unless it includes everything up until now.

Are you actually happy with this move then Rhydal?

£100 million though - not a chance unless it includes everything up until now.

Are you actually happy with this move then Rhydal?
I've cheered the City on many times before while they were wearing red, as well as yellow, white(jack colours) and black in the FA Cup final.

I suppose I'd like them to continue to play in blue, but if the choice is admin/liquidation, which was a very near reality not so long ago, or a good shot at the prem in red shirts then I choose the latter.

Happy...no, not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670