Cardiff Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a definite buzz in the stadium, from all stands. The ref was terrible. I loved Holloway jumping up and down, especially during the last few minutes.

When we won that throw-in late on. Brilliant stuff, another MON on the touchline :icon_razz

The ref was a cnut.

If ever there was an argument for having a fifth official watching a TV then that tosser is it.

The freekick early on for heading their guys boot 5 foot in the air let us know what was to come. Knob!

One of the best 0-0 draws I've seen.

One of the best 0-0 draws I've seen.
I guess I'm alone in my opinions yet again.

I was bored shitless watching this, I thought it was a dire game of football.

Also thought our fans were in rubbish voice (except when moaning at the ref)

You're not alone... apart from the last 25 minutes it was a complete pile of cack.

On the one hand I thought the same Melts, however taking in to consideration the fact that our keeper hardly made a save, we had kids out and were probably knackered from the game on Sat'day, I thought the way we ended the match was promising.

You're not alone, I was bored shitless watching it until about 20 mins left when it just started to look slightly more interesting.

Cant blame the manager though - talk about being shoved in at the deep end. Had a short training session on Friday before going down to Brizzle, had a match against Brizzle, Sunday I think the players have off, then had a game on Monday!! Seems like so far he has had more time on the pitch rather than the training ground!

And when was the last time we had a manager making a tactical substitution at HT, whilst drawing and not looking in any danger! Ollie went for the win and it so nearly paid off.

Thought Fryatt did quite well, Chambers looked superb, Newton/Stearman were wank, Centrebacks were outstanding as usual. Sheehan's set pieces were decent, although centre mids werent that great - final ball let us down every time.

for me we warmed to the game as it went on 0-0, which is unsurprising considering the fragile home confidence.

Sheehan needs to improve in general play but has a left foot like a f*cking wand from set pieces, so he's worth the left back slot with Mattock being used as needed for experience. Stearman needs to ally some passing and positional acumen to his energy and he'll be dangerous. Playing it to him in his own half is asking for trouble at the moment though. he's very shaky. passing it back into the centre halves.
while we had six guys from the academy in last night (which is testament to the great work done at the club), we need to protect them with a bit of muscle to play alongside them and a bit of nouse to get the best out of them. Clem, Kissa and Mcauley fit the bill, but Cort needs to step up to the plate as a target man to get the best out of all of these guys. Judging by Chelsea, if he remains uninjured for long enough he will be useful.
If we start with 4 or 5 'kids', and fryatt, Kisnorbo, Macca and clemence are the most experienced players then we might find ourselves undone by savvy older sides who perhaps aren't quite as good on the ball. Ipswich are a good example of a side who fall into this trap.

my team for the next game (barring injuries/suspension to Fryatt)

fulop

stearman Kisnorbo Mcauley Sheehan

Hume King Clemence Hayes

Fryatt Cort/John

Subs: Hendo, N'Gotty, Wesolowski, Chambers, Cort/DJ/Sappleton

Where possible I would personally always play Weso with Clem above King at the moment.

Ollie reminded me of MON with his touchline antics last night. Great to see a bit of passion from the manager and the team (well - for the last half hour anyway.)

Pretty optimistic we'll climb the table now, especially if we can pick up a creative / goal-scoring midfielder in january.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669