Cardiff Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm alone in my opinions yet again.

I was bored shitless watching this, I thought it was a dire game of football.

Also thought our fans were in rubbish voice (except when moaning at the ref)

It's what I totally expected (and for much Championship games)....I thought it would be 1-0 either way or 0-0. Both teams were very tired. The last 20 minutes however gave me some optimism.

I guess I'm alone in my opinions yet again.

I was bored shitless watching this, I thought it was a dire game of football.

Also thought our fans were in rubbish voice (except when moaning at the ref)

Surprisingly, I didn't think it was too bad at all. But then I went with low expectations.

I thought that we tried to be positive and attempted to pass the ball; that the substitutions helped us to raise the tempo for the last 20 minutes and that overall we at least shaded it.

We already know that we have little midfield creativity, lack pace down the flanks and lack finishing power. But I think Holloway is making a difference in terms of the general mood and he presents himself as a likeable individual.

My main criticism of the match is why is it that a fast food bar - named after the great Arthur Chandler should serve one of the most expensive and possibly the worst hot dogs in the UK.

Surprisingly, I didn't think it was too bad at all. But then I went with low expectations.

I thought that we tried to be positive and attempted to pass the ball; that the substitutions helped us to raise the tempo for the last 20 minutes and that overall we at least shaded it.

I watched with low expectations but I thought we did ok and it was certainly an improvement on the Scunthorpe and Colchester games.Last twenty minutes was even quite exciting and I had to put my knitting down twice.Not sure what to make og Holloway,I have no idea of what he is going on about most of the time but if it wins us matches then thats fine

First half was truly woeful, and they outpassed us completely thanks to the shambles provided by the two wankers in central midfield. They were murdered

The substitutions changed the game, however, and that last twenty minutes was excellent stuff. Chambers was a squillion times more effective than Hume, and King was better than Clemence and Wesolowski put together.
And Sheehan/Hayes looked much better than Mattock/Sheehan coming forward (although a decent winger will tear Sheehan apart)

All in all a half-decent performance, but nothing to get excited about (yet)

Yep... we weren't brilliant. Deserved a winner but I was always half expecting them (Taffs) to fluke it as has happened at home this season in other matches.

He's only been in for five minutes so difficult to make judgements, the second half was a big improvement on what we have been watching this season. Hume and Fryatt worked tirelessly but weren't all that effective. If there had been other attacking options off the bench we might have been a bit more incisive.

I didn't see last Sat's game but I think we sounded better??

Going on last nights showing our midfield is embarassing.

1 - under hit passes time and time again (low confidence?)
2 - not enough passes played on the ground
3 - always hesitant on the ball ie. hardly any one touch passing always needing numerous touches and to look around before passing resulted in players easily been closed down by cardiff.

clemence was poor I did watch him, he was very hesitant kept needing lots of touches before releasing the ball. newton I felt did ok as did Sheehan, however both our 2 central midfielders were poor as well as stearman and mattock. When Ian made the 3 subs there was a clear obvious improvement and for the first time in the game we had some sustained pressure.

So in my opinion our central midfielder pair either need lots of training in one touch passing or we need some new central midfielder particurly someone who can do forward passing, fryatt and hume I felt had very poor service.

Ian appears to know where the problems lie repeatedly telling them to pass the ball low not high in the air and he seems right when he says there is a confidence problemm his subs had a positive impact.

There were loads of times last night when there was time to allow a headed high ball to drop onto the chest and then feet. Our players seem incapable of doing it, and as most teams seem to be 4 inches taller than us, headed high balls are useless.

There were several times last night, particularly in the first half when our midfield was totally bossed by their midfield, that I thought we should just cut them out and put it straight over the defence or down the channels and get our wingers running.

Spent 70 odd mins of this game waiting for Cardiff to score. Just when i was thinking same old Leicester we came up with 20mins of the most encouraging football i'd seen from us for a while. We suddenly had a bite about tackling and a genuine will to be first to the ball. Cardiff really were hanging on at the finish and its not too many times you can say that when leaving the Walkers in recent times. After feeling so negative about City, they have teased me with a glimmer of hope.

Some of you miserable bastards need either more sex, more drugs, more booze or a combination of all three.

Or less of them.

Whatever, at no point were we really dire as in recent home games and created a number of opportunities. We were putting balls in from the flank in a decent manner and pushing through from midfield. We defended resolutely and just lacked a cutting edge up front.

More than anything, the team played with a bit of pride and a dose of passion and rather than ebbing away during the course of the game got stronger and stronger.

Anyone who expected much better than that should have been calling for Paul Daniels and Debbie f*cking McGee to have been appointed the new management team.

I left last night looking forward to coming back over for the match on Saturday and - as a yardstick - that demonstrates a palpable sea-change in our play as I haven't felt like that in a long while.

Sure everything isn't a bed of roses, but if you are going to fixate on every little negative thing I barely see the point in bothering anymore. Take up gardening or stamp collecting.

Bob its not unreasonable to expect to outplay the opposition when at home.

We did, for one half anyway. You have to be prepared for any team to have periods of possesion.

If it wasn't for their keeper pulling off some immense saves the game was ours.

I do however still think we lack creativity and certainly a decent level of quality.

There were loads of times last night when there was time to allow a headed high ball to drop onto the chest and then feet. Our players seem incapable of doing it

That seriously p**sed me off!! I lost count of the number of times it happened, they need someone on the pitch actually communicating and letting them know they have the time.

Plus why can't we control the ball properly, half the time when our players went to control it the ball managed to hit their foot and spin up to knee/hip height. LIFT YOUR FOOT OFF THE FLOOR SLIGHTLY!!!!!!!

That seriously p**sed me off!! I lost count of the number of times it happened, they need someone on the pitch actually communicating and letting them know they have the time.

Plus why can't we control the ball properly, half the time when our players went to control it the ball managed to hit their foot and spin up to knee/hip height. LIFT YOUR FOOT OFF THE FLOOR SLIGHTLY!!!!!!!

Got annoyed with that, stearman and sheehan did it a few times.

Also, we panicked too much when the ball came to us, alot of times a cardiff pass went to the leicester defence and they just hoofed it.

Bob its not unreasonable to expect to outplay the opposition when at home.
In light of our play at home over the recent past I feel that perspective is a tad deluded.

Players on the field pulled 6/10 - no one was a 5 out of 10 player last night in terms of effort.

We have limitations due to players simply not being good enough and no manager is ever going to change that...we need additions to the squad.

With what we have, considering the team we were playing, that wasn't a bad result last night. It may not have been a good one - or the best we could hope for - but it was miles from the drab, soulless performances we have suffered recently. That on its own should have given people a shot of optimism for the future.

As I said, failing that the Swan sells some bloody good beer and five pints of it saw me through the match a treat.

Game littered with mistakes from both teams, for whatever reason, however, it was reassuring that we actually grew stronger as the game went on.

Another day we could've had 3 or 4, but hey that's football.

One thing I was pleased about, we didn't sign JFH. What a whinging twat he's turned into. If he never got the ball, it was someone else's fault. If his crap pass never reached it's target, it was someone else's fault. Knob!

Great point HTB, I actually thought a script was written for JFH to smash one in against us, however he was a steaming pile of shite.

Great point HTB, I actually thought a script was written for JFH to smash one in against us, however he was a steaming pile of shite.

He has always had an attitude, and imo on last nights evidence he looked like a 35yr old playing in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669