Cardiff post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has im just fed up with the way we play at times ,nothing new from the match was their

our new midfeilder did well didnt he :icon_roll,DJ could not hit a chicken two inch away from him with a lump hammer .

Hendo was the only shining light and thats saying somthing

Hendrie was very bright, was always looking for the ball and very rarely gave the ball away.

What were you expecting?

No one has im just fed up with the way we play at times ,nothing new from the match was their

our new midfeilder did well didnt he :icon_roll,DJ could not hit a chicken two inch away from him with a lump hammer .

Hendo was the only shining light and thats saying somthing

Who cares how we play so long as we get a good result, jeez. :icon_roll

How do you know how Hendrie did? You weren't even at the game FFS so don't criticize him.

DJ probably missed a couple of chances, but he has only just come back from injury - every striker has their bad days anyway.

Stop the bloody negativity and be happy we have earned a massive 3 points.

Who cares how we play so long as we get a good result, jeez. :icon_roll

How do you know how Hendrie did? You weren't even at the game FFS so don't criticize him.

DJ probably missed a couple of chances, but he has only just come back from injury - every striker has their bad days anyway.

Stop the bloody negativity and be happy we have earned a massive 3 points.

Exactly. We were 5th bottom, we can't expect to win 4-0 every week.

Hendrie played pretty well, he got past the last man a few times and was very busy. DJ was getting into a few good positions and whilst I wouldn't agree with the Sunday Times who made him man of the match he did enough to keep the Cardiff defence on their toes. And what Leicester striker since Dickov hasn't had banjoitis?

It was below average Championship fare. But as the league table shows, that goes for most teams and matches in this godforsaken division. The sheep got promoted playing football like that.

Last edited:
Finally, is that all you take away?

:icon_roll:icon_roll

Having read your matchday programme on the way home, I think you have made yourelf look a fool with that comment.

I haven't seen the official away attendance, but I estimate it was about 650-750. Only 2 other championship teams had gone past the 1000 barrier, and the average away following was approx 600.

Your away support wasn't much better. Only the 'easy' places to get to like Bristol, London and Birmingham had any significant Cardiff following, and even that wasn't nothing to shout home about.

On a seperate note, I was pleasantly suprised with how safe I felt. It was the first time I had been to Ninian park, and to be honest I was a little nervous when I left the station but once I got on to the main road all was well. I was convinced it was going to kick off outside after the game, and I was shocked with how little police presence there was, but overall it was a great day out, and it felt great to leave with the points.

And don't forget, Hendrie provided the highlight of the game (barring Purse's wally volley) by allowing a Bluebird fan to shout

'Hurry up you pixie-faced w*nker'

at him as he wasted time with a throw-in!

Raised a giggle or two!

I have a rule of thumb, on the league tables, and right, you can call it stupid and no doubt Boy Genius will call it so - but I work on goals against and for, rather than points.

I'll need confirmation from Webbo for this, but my gut feeling is that only the teams with a serious negative goal score get relegated, ever, in a season.

Yes, I know this view is naive, but it seems to work. Soz.

On this maybe dodgy paradigm, I'd say we have no chance of dropping.

And if we do, I'll eat this post, word by word. With shots of Liquafruita. And Stolly.

I'm up for us staying up, on my logical and empirically-proven quantitative data evidence.

Believe me, I'm (nearly) a doctor - 15 months to go!

why would I do that Innocent? or should I say Dr Innocent. ( BTW I have bad knees what can you recommend?

:icon_roll:icon_roll

Having read your matchday programme on the way home, I think you have made yourelf look a fool with that comment.

I haven't seen the official away attendance, but I estimate it was about 650-750. Only 2 other championship teams had gone past the 1000 barrier, and the average away following was approx 600.

Your away support wasn't much better. Only the 'easy' places to get to like Bristol, London and Birmingham had any significant Cardiff following, and even that wasn't nothing to shout home about.

On a seperate note, I was pleasantly suprised with how safe I felt. It was the first time I had been to Ninian park, and to be honest I was a little nervous when I left the station but once I got on to the main road all was well. I was convinced it was going to kick off outside after the game, and I was shocked with how little police presence there was, but overall it was a great day out, and it felt great to leave with the points.

On the way back you were shitting yourself next to me lol:081::081:

Well here's one for you .... Ever rung someone at half time to find out what's being said on the radio ? I love the way some people take it for granted that you're not at a game just because you can still post on a web site. Why did you take it for granted I was listening to the radio, just because you were ? The joys of a pda.
But then maybe I made that up !

So are you saying you were at the game? Because I know you werent.

What sort of sad loser would suggest they were posting from a PDA when they werent??:100:

So are you saying you were at the game? Because I know you werent.

What sort of sad loser would suggest they were posting from a PDA when they werent??:100:

Trifull = Greenarmyboy FACT :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Congratulations on your much needed three points. No thanks required for gifting the thing to you.
We were shite. No two ways about it. You were marginally less shite. Worst game I've seen all season. It was as if we had one eye on the FA Cup.
My comiserations on DJ. Couldn't hit a barn door with a bulldozer.

How were we shite?:102:

Congratulations on your much needed three points. No thanks required for gifting the thing to you.
We were shite. No two ways about it. You were marginally less shite. Worst game I've seen all season. It was as if we had one eye on the FA Cup.
My comiserations on DJ. Couldn't hit a barn door with a bulldozer.

You're shit, arggggghhhhhhh:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00