Cardiff post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's a good/lucky away win. If the 3 points is all you think about, that's fine you'll be happy, I'm pleased for you, personally I expect more. The performance certainly sounded better, but that doesn't make us world beaters. The strikers misfired, Hume was rarely in the game. If we had have lost most of you would be asking what the hell was going on, but as you're easily satisfied, you just see the 3 points. I look beyond the win, look towards the future, and as it stands those tactics today might have got us a draw, but fortune favoured us, we wont win enough games through lady luck.
If you don't like my moaning, though, put my posts on ''ignore''.

Why noy feck off and support Manchester United, maybe then you won't be disappointed.

I am sure you would have been disappointed with Fergusons tactics today as he left Ronaldo and Rooney on the bench, even though they won 3 nil.

You could maybe get Kevin Blackwell to replace Fergie if you tried hard enough.

Seems like Leicester City just are not good enough for you..........

No shock youre trying to start an argument just ignore me and ill ignore you
I'm not, I'm just pointing out the mistakes in your posts. I have read, and now re-read his posts a few times now and I could never be of the impression we lost.

If I wanted an argument I would have said you smelt like Beth Dittos fanny after three weeks without a shower.

Yes it's a good/lucky away win. If the 3 points is all you think about, that's fine you'll be happy, I'm pleased for you, personally I expect more. The performance certainly sounded better, but that doesn't make us world beaters. The strikers misfired, Hume was rarely in the game. If we had have lost most of you would be asking what the hell was going on, but as you're easily satisfied, you just see the 3 points. I look beyond the win, look towards the future, and as it stands those tactics today might have got us a draw, but fortune favoured us, we wont win enough games through lady luck.
If you don't like my moaning, though, put my posts on ''ignore''.

No you are missing the whole point.

It was a win and that is all that matters, nothing more nothing less. A win is a win. I could sit and watch that year in year out as long as we won. You can stick your fancy flowing football up your arse, you can also stick fancy tactics up there as well. At the end of the day the whole purpose is to win.
Watching and listening to that today everyone will go home happy. If we had been all over them, p[ushing pushing for a goal that never came and the fcuking taffs nicked a goal against play everybody would have come away pissed off.
Going home happy is what it is all about.

I'm not, I'm just pointing out the mistakes in your posts. I have read, and now re-read his posts a few times now and I could never be of the impression we lost.

If I wanted an argument I would have said you smelt like Beth Dittos fanny after three weeks without a shower.

Come on melts dont stoop, lets keep this purely about the football.

P.S. i probably still would.

Last edited:
wahoo bit of a surprise and other results went our way we just need to back it up against preston to put a bit more daylight between us and bottom 3....might open a nice bottle of chilled wine :)

I have just opened a nasty bottle of chilled wine, its cheaper..:icon_razz

:icon_lol: Sorry then i just always get the impression you are always trying to start a argument with me

No you are missing the whole point.

It was a win and that is all that matters, nothing more nothing less. A win is a win. I could sit and watch that year in year out as long as we won. You can stick your fancy flowing football up your arse, you can also stick fancy tactics up there as well. At the end of the day the whole purpose is to win.
Watching and listening to that today everyone will go home happy. If we had been all over them, pushing pushing for a goal that never came and the fcuking taffs nicked a goal against play everybody would have come away pissed off.
Going home happy is what it is all about.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to get over. That could have happened very easily. I accept the win, we need the 3 points, however they come, I don't disagree, I just happen to see that we still need an awful lot of work. You have to accept we were lucky. I just happen to want more than lucky results, we wont get enough lucky results to help us out of the position we are in. Hopefully, and we all seem to say this after a win, we can push on against Preston and hopefully with effective tactics, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to get over. That could have happened very easily. I accept the win, we need the 3 points, however they come, I don't disagree, I just happen to see that we still need an awful lot of work. You have to accept we were lucky. I just happen to want more than lucky results, we wont get enough lucky results to help us out of the position we are in. Hopefully, and we all seem to say this after a win, we can push on against Preston and hopefully with effective tactics, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

But how were we lucky? We score more goals than them, we win, it's really that simple. For gods sake no wonder there is no atmosphere at the Walkers, "Sure we scored, but I'm not cheering because it wasn't a world class goal", "**** cheering the win, didn't you see it, we never once looked like the top 3 team we are meant to be"

Addition: I could only put up with the first half on the radio but apart from his one-on-one it sounded like DJ and Howard were running rings around their defence, and Hendrie was playing well. Was the second half the same?

Last edited:

I have just spoken to a couple of my mates who were there, and they said we deserved it and we were not lucky to win. It was a flukey goal but they all count. If the ball was not in the Taffs half we would not have scored. I will take any goal how ever it is scored.

I now look at it as 2 wins out of 3, not 2 out of 4.

You have to accept we were lucky.

Did You go ? Don't tell me you are basing your fact that we were lucky on a RL commentary...I realise we aren't very good and winning one game won't change that but at the moment the result is the only important thing,nothing else matters,we just need to get clear of relegation.
I'm a miserable fecker but you make me look like Happy Harry:icon_conf

Everyone on here realises that we need a lot of work, it's still very apparent that we're shite. However, we had to win today, and we did, why not enjoy it?

We're 3 points closer to safety, and safety will mean Holloway keeps his job (hopefully, although I have little faith in our owner's sanity), then maybe the stability will bring improvement.

I'm sure people just enjoy having a moan, we could win every game 15-0 for the rest of the season and some people would still want to sack the manager.

I have just spoken to a couple of my mates who were there, and they said we deserved it and we were not lucky to win. It was a flukey goal but they all count. If the ball was not in the Taffs half we would not have scored. I will take any goal how ever it is scored.

I now look at it as 2 wins out of 3, not 2 out of 4.

The guy on Sky said were all over them up until we scored and thoroughly deserved to be leading,don't know about after the goal went in because they never had cause to go back to him

The guy on Sky said were all over them up until we scored and thoroughly deserved to be leading,don't know about after the goal went in because they never had cause to go back to him

Old Glen said we played very well throughout, and thats something coming from him.
Hendrie was a class above apparently.

Did You go ? Don't tell me you are basing your fact that we were lucky on a RL commentary...I realise we aren't very good and winning one game won't change that but at the moment the result is the only important thing,nothing else matters,we just need to get clear of relegation.
I'm a miserable fecker but you make me look like Happy Harry:icon_conf

By lucky, as you are all taking it out of context, I mean we won by an own goal, which is imo lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Arsenal614
3Liverpool613
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69