Cardiff post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from the match.

Despite what you might hearing from other numpties who claimed to have been at the match, we fully deserved this win. We could and should have been 2-0 at the very least before the OG. After that Henderson had not a thing to other than collect the odd cross

A good solid team effort.

Stop ****ing whingeing for once!!!!

Who is that and how was hendrie and how many leicester fans were there were we loud?

Who is that and how was hendrie and how many leicester fans were there were we loud?

1. Go back a couple of pages.

2. Hendrie played very well today (on the left), with good support from Clapham.

3. Difficult to say - 400-500??

4. At times, although old style terracing always seems to make it seem louder

1. Go back a couple of pages.

2. Hendrie played very well today (on the left), with good support from Clapham.

3. Difficult to say - 400-500??

4. At times, although old style terracing always seems to make it seem louder

Cheers im dissapointed i couldnt go today did you see there new ground it looks quite nice from what i have seen.

Despite what you might hearing from other numpties who claimed to have been at the match, we fully deserved this win.

Do you mean this?

Shocking match.

The second half was virtually just long ball drop-kick tennis between the goalkeepers.

Campbell lively, but no other player on the pitch really looked like breaking the deadlock, other than Purse's moment of muppetry.

Can you guess which team The Secretary supports :icon_roll

Last edited:
The BBC have desribed us as well organised in the match report, seems like from what ive read we played well. Hope we can keep it going.

To me listening on the radio it sounded like a deserved win as some posters have said so.
I am by means a blue mongie, but a deserved win is a deserved win. Moreover, from what I heard on the radio, Campbell should have had 2 goals -one was a really bad miss apparently. The team also deserves credit for keeping a clean sheet. I would give this game at least muted praise and I don't for one moment think a negative post is appropriate today. If LCFC follow up next game with a win then the praise should go from muted to loud -but if they play like they did against coventry, then fair enough - maybe have a go. That wouldn't be out of order, but give the team a chance first to earn praise and encouragement. Praise is certainly the order of the day today however I think.

Last edited:
To me listening on the radio it sounded like a deserved win as some posters have said so.
I am by means a blue mongie, but a deserved win is a deserved win. Moreover, from what I heard on the radio, Campbell should have had 2 goals -one was a really bad miss apparently. The team also deserves credit for keeping a clean sheet. I would give this game at least muted praise and I don't for one moment think a negative post is appropriate today. If LCFC follow up next game with a win then the praise should go from muted to loud -but if they play like they did against coventry, then fair enough - maybe have a go. That wouldn't be out of order, but give the team a chance first to earn praise and encouragement. Praise is certainly the order of the day today however I think.

Guessing you've imbibed some celebratory alcohol. :icon_bigg

Would have been happy with a point - absolutely delighted with three

Nothing else about the game has any relevance whatsoever

Last edited:
Not really, I'm being realistic, Kick out from the keeper leading to an own goal, no creativity from the wing, Hume was hardly in the game.
Bollocks.

If you were being "realistic" then you'd have self-censored because you'd realise that you have no opinion worthy of sharing on the matter as you didn't watch the game.

I have a rule of thumb, on the league tables, and right, you can call it stupid and no doubt Boy Genius will call it so - but I work on goals against and for, rather than points.

I'll need confirmation from Webbo for this, but my gut feeling is that only the teams with a serious negative goal score get relegated, ever, in a season.

Yes, I know this view is naive, but it seems to work. Soz.

On this maybe dodgy paradigm, I'd say we have no chance of dropping.

And if we do, I'll eat this post, word by word. With shots of Liquafruita. And Stolly.

I'm up for us staying up, on my logical and empirically-proven quantitative data evidence.

Believe me, I'm (nearly) a doctor - 15 months to go!

Last edited:
Jeff said:
Can you guess which team The Secretary supports :icon_roll

He actually supports liverpool but tagged along with me today. Although what he says about the quality is correct we were the better team and deserved the win. Campbell and howard could make a decent partnership but they are not reading each other yet. Hendrie was promising and the defence were solid. Although henderson sacred the shit out of me every time he was involved until his saves in the last quarter. A good 3 points. Not world beating but we are in the bottom 6 so it doesnt matter

Bollocks.

If you were being "realistic" then you'd have self-censored because you'd realise that you have no opinion worthy of sharing on the matter as you didn't watch the game.

Another one that just accepts the 3 points, that's ok by me, just 'cause you don't like someone having a different opinion, doesn't mean it isn't worth sharing. You carry on living in your happy 3 point world, I wont knock you for it and I'll continue looking at the bigger picture.

Another one that just accepts the 3 points, that's ok by me, just 'cause you don't like someone having a different opinion, doesn't mean it isn't worth sharing. You carry on living in your happy 3 point world, I wont knock you for it and I'll continue looking at the bigger picture.

Did you even bother reading Disco Bob's post?

He didn't offer an opinion of the game and he didn't express how he feels about the result.

He simply stated that you were talking bollocks about a match that you didn't see.
Reading not your strong point?

What's so wrong about winning with a goal from OG?

The fact I lasted 27 minutes should be cause for wonder and celebration.

Would have been happy with a point - absolutely delighted with three

Nothing else about the game has any relevance whatsoever

It's as simple as that.

A defeat would have given some substance to the hysteria about relegation. I didn't need to go to Cardiff to find out if we were poor or not......all that matters is getting through to the end of the season without catastrophe and then reviewing the situation over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00