Cardiff post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rule of thumb, on the league tables, and right, you can call it stupid and no doubt Boy Genius will call it so - but I work on goals against and for, rather than points.

I'll need confirmation from Webbo for this, but my gut feeling is that only the teams with a serious negative goal score get relegated, ever, in a season.

Yes, I know this view is naive, but it seems to work. Soz.

On this maybe dodgy paradigm, I'd say we have no chance of dropping.

And if we do, I'll eat this post, word by word. With shots of Liquafruita. And Stolly.

I'm up for us staying up, on my logical and empirically-proven quantitative data evidence.

Believe me, I'm (nearly) a doctor - 15 months to go!

You are a beacon of hope on a dark night of despair. I can see your light shining. You have shown us the way. We are your disciples, call us your blue mongies.

We may not go down but it will be based on the points we have won being compared to the points other teams have won, not your crackpot theories. What are you doing your doctorate in, talking bollox?

Last edited:
Do you mean this?

Can you guess which team The Secretary supports :icon_roll

Dear Mr Moderator.

A little biography on The Secretary for you.

Liverpool fan since 1985, born in Romford, descended from Plymouthian stock, so a fervent Olly fan, raised in Bristol, and just unfortunate enough to have been given the job of living here in Wales-land and teaching all these unfortunate Welshies exactly what they are doing wrong. Hence his occupation is schoolteacher.

English loud and proud; he was even prepared to wear an England shirt to Ninian Park yesterday till Glyn advised against it!

You may disagree with my match views, for call me a numpty, rom your positions behind your radios, Leicester fans, but call me Welsh or a Cardiff supporter?? Damn you sirs, if you aren't the worst sorts of cad!

Last edited:
Bollocks.

If you were being "realistic" then you'd have self-censored because you'd realise that you have no opinion worthy of sharing on the matter as you didn't watch the game.

Results have no meaning then? :102: :icon_conf

Cheers im dissapointed i couldnt go today did you see there new ground it looks quite nice from what i have seen.

There was nothing to see. The site is a stones throw away from their current ground (even closer than ours and filbert street), and they have so far erected a very small amount of steel framework.

Dear Mr Moderator.

A little biography on The Secretary for you.

Liverpool fan since 1985, born in Romford, descended from Plymouthian stock, so a fervent Olly fan, raised in Bristol, and just unfortunate enough to have been given the job of living here in Wales-land and teaching all these unfortunate Welshies exactly what they are doing wrong. Hence his occupation is schoolteacher.

English loud and proud; he was even prepared to wear an England shirt to Ninian Park yesterday till Glyn advised against it!

You may disagree with my match views, for call me a numpty, rom your positions behind your radios, Leicester fans, but call me Welsh or a Cardiff supporter?? Damn you sirs, if you aren't the worst sorts of cad!

Shocking behaviour. :icon_conf

Lies, damn lies and statistics. Groundhog day. I'm sure there are plenty of threads spouting crackpot theories and sane people discounting them with the usual range of sarcasm and disbelief but to come from someone who will be a doctor in 15 months just goes to prove that the education system has been diluted and even idiots are capable of reaching these 'heights'. Unfortunately, common sense doesn't seem a requirement for entry to the academic system.

jeff said:
What was lucky about it?

Sounded like we were the better team. Not that the RL commentary is anything to go by.

We definitely were the better team, just didn't look like having the finished product as usual. And we hoofed the ball slightly less than Cardiff.

Last edited:
1. Go back a couple of pages.

2. Hendrie played very well today (on the left), with good support from Clapham.

3. Difficult to say - 400-500??

4. At times, although old style terracing always seems to make it seem louder

More like 700-800.

It's as simple as that.

A defeat would have given some substance to the hysteria about relegation. I didn't need to go to Cardiff to find out if we were poor or not......all that matters is getting through to the end of the season without catastrophe and then reviewing the situation over the summer.

But didn't you know, you're not allowed an opinion unless you actually went to the game.

Did you even bother reading Disco Bob's post?

He didn't offer an opinion of the game and he didn't express how he feels about the result.

He simply stated that you were talking bollocks about a match that you didn't see.
Reading not your strong point?

Yes, I read his post, for what it's worth. He just decided to join the gang in slagging me off 'cause I have a different opinion. If that's what turns him on, fine. If you, and he, bother to read the whole thread you'll both see I said it was a good win that we needed. I just think it glosses over the problems and that we shouldn't close our eyes to those problems just because we got 3 points. But then, sod all the under laying problems, it's only the points that matter ... until Tuesday !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00