Cardiff Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks Jeff - never one to use more description than necessary.

Given that this is their major creditor, the likelihood of administration being forced by any other creditor is presumably low. So if they have been given grace until 3 days after the end of the season, will the Football League retrospectively dock them points if they fail to meet the payment?

*Awaits one-word answer*

Technically correct, however at the time of the next hearing, we will know if we are in the play offs or not. I cannot imagine a scenario where either the board would not raise the cash to get us through them if in the top six, or where we'd be in a relegation place with 10 points off. So in short, if 10 points are coming off, it'll be next season.
Looks like a relegation battle then whatever happens.

Apologies for my ignorance, but I thought your major creditors were:

1. Langston - settled correct?
2. HMRC
3. Former and current directors - who are presumably unlikely to put you in administration?

Who else do you owe big sums to?

Another club having payment problems with HMRC -Forest Green they're non-league I know but The Revenue are coming down on any team at the moment so after the season end I can see them throwing the book at Cardiff unless Ridsdale comes up with the money.

Last edited:
i think we can say any creditors will hang on for the play off money and maybe Wembley money... absolutely zero chance of dropping out of the play offs

even HMRC aren't that short sighted about cash collection

so they day after we knock them out...they'll file for administration once that Malaysian guy clears off ;-)

SSN saying we've got till 16th June to pay now. We're having a laff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00