Cardiff Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
What is happening today. Just as well I had a couple of liveners lunchtime. Half an hour I'm outta here.

Surely this is beyond the realms of reasonable if true? They persisted in disobeying court orders last season, they can't keep letting them do it surely?

Its from the news of the world so I'd assume its utter bollocks. But it does raise the question how long are HMRC going to be so relaxed over tax income from football clubs.

Cardiff lose another player as Celtic confirm signing of Joe Ledley

And they won't get any cash to help out their financial position either:icon_bigg
Cardiff insist they are due compensation for the out-of-contract Ledley, however Celtic will not owe the Bluebirds anything.

Cardiff would have expected upwards of £2 million compensation if he had signed for another team in the English leagues but Fifa's cross-border transfer rules mean he is able to move to Celtic for free.

Cardiff will still try and get some sort of compensation but had Ledley joined Stoke the Bluebirds would have been looking at a seven figure sum.

It is believed Celtic delayed confirmation of his signing until after the World Cup final to ensure the Welsh club were unable to claim so-called training compensation, due if a player aged under 24 leaves a club during the season.
Looks like Neil Lennon has his head screwed on.

Last edited:
Looks like Neil Lennon has his head screwed on.
If the reports are correct of him having given Joe a £1m signing on fee, on top of the £28,000 a week wages, for, at best, an average Championship midfielder, then I think something is cross threaded.

Looks like Sheffield Wednesday are doing a Cardiff!!
i.e. Not pay their tax to HMRC when they should do, as they do not have the funds to pay, but then before they get taken to Court they come up with the cash.

Owls Threatened With Administration

Now updated

The Owls statement, on the official club site, reads: 'Sheffield Wednesday would like to inform supporters that their Club is not about to be wound up, nor is it about to enter into administration.

'The action by HMRC relates to an outstanding PAYE balance of £550,000.

'The Club has been informed that the petition will be heard in the High Court on August 11.'

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205810#ixzz0uUcWnkW1

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205810#ixzz0uUbSj3vn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00