Carlisle - 13th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Go Away

The only people who won't be able to do this are those who walk slowly, don't leave on the final whistle, or get lost.

its pretty much a straight line from ground to station down 1 road, though its easy to think you're going the wrong way and get yourself lost as the road appears to lead to not very much

Years ago there used to be a really good chippy on the way out of Carlisle to the north. Just from the map, I would say it was on Scotland Road somewhere opposite the end of Etterby Street. Is it still there?

I might walk it next time in town to see how long it really takes, and to see if I can avoid the takeaways.

You could also walk from the station to the ground to see how much longer it takes you going uphill.

Years ago there used to be a really good chippy on the way out of Carlisle to the north. Just from the map, I would say it was on Scotland Road somewhere opposite the end of Etterby Street. Is it still there?

There's one called The Frying Pan on the same side as Etterby street that has apparently been there for years but isn't much good. I'm not aware of one opposite.

There's one called The Frying Pan on the same side as Etterby street that has apparently been there for years but isn't much good. I'm not aware of one opposite.

Ah - perhaps I used to park in a little triangle of roads almost opposite and Etterby Street and cross the road to the chip shop then.

Not that any of it is of any interest if the quality has gone down though.

According to National Rail, there's a few £12.50 singles for Carlisle to Leicester. However, this option is available for the way back.

There was a £12.50 single on the Leic to Carlisle run yesterday leaving approx 6.40am ..

This won't surprise Boc, but I'm taking a slightly convoluted and very long route, requiring me to leave my house well before midnight Friday :icon_bigg

What route are you taking?

If it's dead cheap it might be something I can make use of in the opposite direction.

But do you really want to travel via St Ives (of the Cornwall variety) and Lowestoft? Apart from the fact that he wears a black City shirt, BM's username is well chosen. My advice would be to steer well clear.

This won't surprise Boc, but I'm taking a slightly convoluted and very long route, requiring me to leave my house well before midnight Friday :icon_bigg

I'm torn between the 04:48 and the 05:22 from Ramsgate as my first move on the Saturday morning. Well, second move because I will have to drive to Ramsgate first.

What route are you taking?

If it's dead cheap it might be something I can make use of in the opposite direction.

1. Leicester to Birmingham, National Express Friday night.
2. Birmingham to Glasgow (told you it was convoluted), Megabus, early hours of Saturday.
3. Glasgow to Carlisle, then return via same National Express (return departs Carlisle 17.55)
4. Glasgow to Birmingham, Megabus.
5. Birmingham to Leicester, National Express, Sunday morning.

No, it's not the quickest. But that's not my aim :icon_bigg

But do you really want to travel via St Ives (of the Cornwall variety) and Lowestoft? Apart from the fact that he wears a black City shirt, BM's username is well chosen. My advice would be to steer well clear.

That's hardly fair is it Boc?

Ok, it is.

The last time i went to Carlise was on a football special:icon_cry:happy days

2. Birmingham to Glasgow (told you it was convoluted), Megabus, early hours of Saturday.
3. Glasgow to Carlisle, then return via same National Express (return departs Carlisle 17.55)

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking. How much will this cost?

May I ask what is your aim? And how much did that little lot cost you? Does NatExp have FunFares on the legs between Glasgow and Carlisle?

Funnily enough, I was looking at the possibility of flying from Stansted to Glasgow in the early stages of the planning of travel to this game.

I'm pleased that there's not only me who doesn't want the kick-off time to be changed.
:icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673