Carlisle 2 - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

H T B

Before the season started some were tipping Carlisle to go up!
They must have something about them?

Harbro-Fox

Legend
The thing is football is not like that and match's like this happen .

Ye, I know what you mean but it is happening far to often, and I mean we are not beating teams that we should be. If Carlisle was a one off then fair enough but it isn't. We have dropped far too many points at home Brighton, Colchester, Swindon, Carlisle and Oldham, and I am sure there is more. Things like this don't happen unless you are doing something wrong and we obviously are. We have shown how to beat shite teams at home like Cheltenham, just pass the ball, create chances and score them.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Before the season started some were tipping Carlisle to go up!
They must have something about them?

Joe Garner and Kieron Westwood? Then they left, I dunno what has happened with them but we should od beat them.

Willlow

Ye, I know what you mean but it is happening far to often, and I mean we are not beating teams that we should be. If Carlisle was a one off then fair enough but it isn't. We have dropped far too many points at home Brighton, Colchester, Swindon, Carlisle and Oldham, and I am sure there is more. Things like this don't happen unless you are doing something wrong and we obviously are. We have shown how to beat shite teams at home like Cheltenham, just pass the ball, create chances and score them.

We did the first two things an if it wasnt for their keeper we would have scored plenty.

Yes we should have beat them and our apparent dip in form is worrying, but we were a couple of minutes away from the 3pts after coming back from 1-0 down. For me that shows that the team spirit is still there and if we play the same for the rest of the season and just be a little wiser in the last couple of minutes we will go up.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
We did the first two things an if it wasnt for their keeper we would have scored plenty.

Yes we should have beat them and our apparent dip in form is worrying, but we were a couple of minutes away from the 3pts after coming back from 1-0 down. For me that shows that the team spirit is still there and if we play the same for the rest of the season and just be a little wiser in the last couple of minutes we will go up.

Every keeper seems to have a great game against us even Fatman Windass(although he made one save). Yes, it does show good team spirit that we can recover from a goal down. However it also shows that we switched off at the end when we shouldn't off.

newtonfox

Indeed that is true ,but as i said it don't always go that way .

spionfox

Ye, I know what you mean....

I don't. Can you just clarify for the old farts like me if when you write 'ye' you mean 'yes' or 'yeah'? Or is 'ye' a word in its own right amongst the youth of today:102:

SJN-Fox

Or is 'ye' a word in its own right amongst the youth of today:102:

No, ye is an old word, means you.

So the phrase translates to ... You, I know what you mean.

Last edited:

spionfox

Cheers SJN.

Harbro-Fox can't have understood the question :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Macky

Gruntled Member

Could also be the old spelling of the definite article 'the', as in 'Ye olde shoppe'. Which is correctly pronounced as 'the', not 'Yee'.

So the phrase would translate to ... "The, I know what you mean..."

FIF

Could also be the old spelling of the definite article 'the', as in 'Ye olde shoppe'. Which is correctly pronounced as 'the', not 'Yee'.

Frank Bruno quote?

spionfox

Thanks Macky, but I can't help thinking that I need a definitive ruling from Harbro-Fox before I can draw a line under this.

newtonfox

Some guy on 606 emailed Peter Jones asking if the guy had died or if he made it. Unfortunately in the reply, Peter said he had passed away, and the club are looking into the option of having a minutes silence/applause at the next home game.

There is also the rumour that as a mark of respect, we wear our black kits against Leeds.

It's well worth noting too that there is a lot of respect from other clubs, especially our rival clubs (Cov, Pboro etc...) about this. Peterborough went through the same thing about a month ago against MK Dons.

from FT

GazLCFC

There was a small piece in the Mercury last night confirming a 75 year old man was pronounced dead at 5.20. St Johns and the club doctor tried to resuscitate him.

Filthy Rich

Banned
There was a small piece in the Mercury last night confirming a 75 year old man was pronounced dead at 5.20. St Johns and the club doctor tried to resuscitate him.

He actually did not die of a heart attack. He was chewing gum on which he choked to death. This is the truth from one of the medics who attended.

spionfox

He actually did not die of a heart attack. He was chewing gum on which he choked to death. This is the truth from one of the medics who attended.

Are those medics qualified to pronounce on causes of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669