Carlisle 2 - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fecked off that not only wasn't Morrison playing, but that he wasn't even on the bench.

You're not the only one. Morrison himself looked pretty fecked off when he stormed out of the ground about an hour before kick-off, had a few angry words with supporters, slammed his car door and drove away.

I don't expect the news that Wayne Brown has signed a two year contract will be universally popular either. And there might be some wondering why Berner has been given a three-year contract when it's hoped that we will be playing Premiership football within that time. I did think that I understood the plan - now I'm not so sure.

Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere but a valued member of this forum told me he saw Morrison storm out of the ground and slam his car door shut before the game, obviously been told he wasn't involved.

I worry about the team spirit at the moment. Something is seriously amiss.

Who was that then?

Neither should seeing your team struggle against inferior opposition be, but sadly that has become all too common again this season.

(Not wishing to belittle the death - RIP and all that.)

To be fair, we didn't struggle very much.

I think some folk aren't giving the keeper the praise he deserves.

Some of the ones he saved weren't down to our players not having enough desire to score, but down to him being more than equal to his task.

As for the game, well I'm as disappointed as everyone we didn't win, a neutral would say we were the better side, but desperate defending and an inspired keeper display foiled nearly every effort.

I'm fecked off that not only wasn't Morrison playing, but that he wasn't even on the bench. He's better than Hobbs imo and definitely a better player than Kisnorbo. Though I don't think he was as bad as some on here thought today, first half I thought Hobbs was worse than him. The winger down that side was tearing him and Gilbert apart all first half( looked a bit nasty with Gilbert at halftime,radio said it might be a re-occurance of dislocated shoulder that he's had before??)

Their first goal was down to bad positioning by the keeper and both central defenders, but also bad marking on Kavanagh who had the foresight to look up and spot the opportunity to loft the ball over for the striker to have his chance. Kavanagh was their best player, a player who I wouldn't have minded seeing play for us in previous seasons tbh.

Oakley took his goal well but he was poor again imo, I think the last 6 weeks the midfield has been our weakness, not having a tackling midfielder is doing us more damage than anything else. We look so lightweight in the middle, King whilst being a goal-scoring threat is a powder-puff player who shows hardly any inclination to put his foot in and next season this needs to be addressed, whether it be a five man midfield to have that tackling player with them, or one of them and AN Other to play alongside, it needs looking at, and imo should be the priority once the season is over.

When Fryatt scored I looked straight at the clock and just hoped we could hang on, but yet again we couldn't.
Personally I thought it was handball, I thought he controlled it with his hand, turned and got the cross in, from which they scored. Perhaps the goalie should've done better, perhaps the defence were a bit slack waiting for a whistle that should've come, but sometimes when you have a ref standing in a position to see something so clearly, you are already half- expecting to get the free kick and the natural reaction is to stop.
It cost us, it might have cost us dearly in the title race, who knows, momentum is certainly with Peterborough now, despite us still sitting two points clear of them. But it would still mean a monumental feck up for us not to go up(even if at the turn of the year I was hoping that issue would've been sorted by the end of March!)

I don't like making a match to be about a referee's performance, but the standard of the officiating the last few weeks has been utter wank imo. Are refs not allowed to give handball decisions our way any more? Are refs to allow defenders to climb all over our players and give then the free kicks instead of us, whilst our players only have to breath at an oppo to give away a free kick?? Are refs to blatantly ignore players feigning injury as though they had been elbowed in a clear attempt to get another player booked or sent off ,allowing them to carry on in the game and not to be punished as they should be for unsporting behaviour?

I'm a bit pissed off about it all tbh, 6 weeks ago we looked in darn good shapes to have this League all sewn up by Easter, now we are hanging onto top spot by our fingernails and instead of crossing the finish line at a canter are looking more lilely to crawl across it wheezing and dying of thirst!

I agree with everything you say! Totally right! You are spot on about today's match, as you always are.

But can we please give a little thought to the guy who died?

Just a tad? Maybe? Even if it's not on the pitch?

Or where do we pay our respects? All guidance appreciated.

for the first time this season i sort of felt like i did last season- very frustrated and nothing seems to go our way....also, it's the first time ive seen kisnorbo play for us since he's been out and TBH, i thought he looked shite!!! there didn't seem to be much creativity in the middle and ever since Cleverly and Davis have gone, i personally havent seen us being much of a threat, however Dyer did do well in both assists.....we HAVE to beat Hereford

I would, 'cept whilst I feel for the bloke's family and the people who had to witness it happen, I don't see how posting R.I.P. on an internet forum helps. I never know what to say to folks I know who lose people as it is, so trying to find similar words for some unfortunate soul I probably don't know to type here just seems to me to be a bit, well, I can't think of the word I want aaaaarrrrggghh! I know what I mean but I can't think of how to put it!:icon_roll

Anyhoo, as this is the match thread I wanted my first post in it to be about the match.

I would, 'cept whilst I feel for the bloke's family and the people who had to witness it happen, I don't see how posting R.I.P. on an internet forum helps. I never know what to say to folks I know who lose people as it is, so trying to find similar words for some unfortunate soul I probably don't know to type here just seems to me to be a bit, well, I can't think of the word I want aaaaarrrrggghh! I know what I mean but I can't think of how to put it!:icon_roll

Anyhoo, as this is the match thread I wanted my first post in it to be about the match.

Quite right, too.

Just wanted a little sideline into this man's death, as it matters to me - maybe I'm too sensitive.

But Beaumont, you summed up the game as I saw it, perfectly .

Thank you.

twat :098: ,i was in the ground well after the match had done,why i am not tell you as its got ferk all to do with.

Is that another lie? Though I will have to work out what you mean by the above remark.

play offs and wembley would do me.its only a game of football dont let it bother you.

i have already booked my holiday's and will be away when the playoff final takes place and will be more than a bit pissed off if i have to try to arrange flights back for the match

i have already booked my holiday's and will be away when the playoff final takes place and will be more than a bit pissed off if i have to try to arrange flights back for the match

I wouldn't worry too much, if we were reduced to having to compete in play offs, our current form wouldn't see us getting anywhere near Wembley.

Chill people we will be alright Millwall need to go 8 points better than us - thats huge at this time of the season. We may limp over the line but the table doesn't lie we are currently the best team in the league and headed for the championship. We are off form at the mo, but that was always going to happen at some point over the season. I expect 2 more wins will be enough to be honest.

Keep the faith

Chill people we will be alright Millwall need to go 8 points better than us - thats huge at this time of the season. We may limp over the line but the table doesn't lie we are currently the best team in the league and headed for the championship. We are off form at the mo, but that was always going to happen at some point over the season. I expect 2 more wins will be enough to be honest.

Keep the faith

Over the year we are the best team in the league, currently we're not top ten.

Can we put the handbags away now please girls, it's getting a bit boring.
I think it's vitally important we found out why Newts was in the ground for an abnormal amount of time after the match.

My guess is he's still looking for Iain Dowie in an attempt to prove his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669