Cats are driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

Every night, ranging anywhere from around half one to half four in the morning, there are two cats that sit out on the front of my house meowing and keeping me and my flatmate awake. This has got to stop - I've not had a good night's sleep for about a month now.

We can't find out who they belong to but it must be someone on our road, however every time we go out to try and look at their tags, they run off, only to return about 10 minutes later to continue their cat's chorus line.

Solutions please people. It's getting to the stage where I'm considering removing their vocal chords with a rusty spoon. Cat lovers, please keep your opinions to yourselves - I like most cats, but these cats are arseholes and deserve everything they get.

Try throwing water over them? Not sure really, like you say you can scare a cat off initially but it always comes back.

I got one of them right in the face with a glass of water the other day, it turned round just in time to get the full money shot right in its snout. I thought that might scare them off for a few days, but nope.

I think finding out who the owners are is the key, I don't blame the cats, I blame them for being complete nobs who can't control their pets. When I find out who they are, I'll ask them politely to sort it out, if they don't they can look forward to a lot of drunken singing outside their bedroom window every couple of nights for the forseeable future.

Spray the immediate area in front of your house with a smell that drives cats mental.

I got one of them right in the face with a glass of water the other day, it turned round just in time to get the full money shot right in its snout. I thought that might scare them off for a few days, but nope.

I think finding out who the owners are is the key, I don't blame the cats, I blame them for being complete nobs who can't control their pets. When I find out who they are, I'll ask them politely to sort it out, if they don't they can look forward to a lot of drunken singing outside their bedroom window every couple of nights for the forseeable future.

What are you expecting the owners to do? How do Cat owners 'control their pets'?

I always used to put orange peel on the lawn, apparently cats don't like the acidic smell, seemed to work, maybe worth a try.

Bear traps also work.

What are you expecting the owners to do? How do Cat owners 'control their pets'?

If their cat is in the street making noise all night it's their problem, not mine. If the cat can't be outside without making noise, keep it inside - it's simple enough. If they don't like it, don't have a cat.

It's not just the odd night now and then, it's every single night. It's their responsibility and they should be the ones forced to do something about it. For me, it's bordering on antisocial behaviour on their part.

But please, enlighten me as to what you would do in this situation, seeing as you think it's impossible for a pet owner to stop their animals from roaming the neighbourhood and screeching at the top of their ****ing cat lungs.

If a dog was left to yap and bark all night then the owners would be blamed and it would be up to them to prevent it, no different in this situation in my opinion.

If a dog was left to yap and bark all night then the owners would be blamed and it would be up to them to prevent it, no different in this situation in my opinion.

Ture. I've got a similar issue with a big ****ing fat ginger cat making plenty noise from across the road.

I'm pretty sure if I did the sensible thing and snap its ****ing neck I'd be breaking some sort of law.

Ture. I've got a similar issue with a big ****ing fat ginger cat making plenty noise from across the road.

I'm pretty sure if I did the sensible thing and snap its ****ing neck I'd be breaking some sort of law.

Fat ginger cats generally tend to be c***s (in my experience). There's one that keeps letting itself into my girlfriends house, shitting, spraying and eating her cat's food. We've caught it beating the shit out of Bertie (her cat) a few times, also.

Our methods for keeping it away haven't stretched beyond me throwing an apple core at it.

Last edited:
If their cat is in the street making noise all night it's their problem, not mine. If the cat can't be outside without making noise, keep it inside - it's simple enough. If they don't like it, don't have a cat.

It's not just the odd night now and then, it's every single night. It's their responsibility and they should be the ones forced to do something about it. For me, it's bordering on antisocial behaviour on their part.

But please, enlighten me as to what you would do in this situation, seeing as you think it's impossible for a pet owner to stop their animals from roaming the neighbourhood and screeching at the top of their ****ing cat lungs.

It sounds like it's your problem to me, not theirs.

Could you also point me to the post where I said this 'seeing as you think it's impossible for a pet owner to stop their animals from roaming the neighbourhood and screeching at the top of their ****ing cat lungs'?

For the record, cat owners have no legal responsibility for them other than their welfare. You're on a hiding to nothing.

It sounds like it's your problem to me, not theirs.

Could you also point me to the post where I said this 'seeing as you think it's impossible for a pet owner to stop their animals from roaming the neighbourhood and screeching at the top of their ****ing cat lungs'?

For the record, cat owners have no legal responsibility for them other than their welfare. You're on a hiding to nothing.

You asked me how owners could control their cats - implying that it couldn't be done.

Believe me, if I find out whose cats they are, I'll be making it their problem whether they like it or not. I'm not the only one either, a lot of my neighbours feel the same way, there are a lot of young families on my street who are being kept up by this and in my opinion it's totally unnacceptable.

There may be no legal obligation on the owners behalf, but there's certainly a moral and social obligation and if they aren't prepared to control a creature that they have responsibility for, that they brought to this street, then they shouldn't be allowed to own cats, full stop.

Maybe you could start a neigbourhood cat watch scheme and patrol the streets after dark armed with super soakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566