3. The Boxer Rebellion - Exits
  4. Mercury Rev - Secret Migration
  5. The Coral - The Invisible Invasion
  6. Editors - The Back Room
  7. The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
  8. Graham Coxon - Happiness in Magazines
  9. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
  10. The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers

From what I have heard so far, four are really impressing me, two I am unsure about and another four I haven't listened to enough to judge.

The Mars Volta's album is something else - highly recommended.

DurhamFox said:
Are you coming around to Bloc Party?

:icon_lol: Funny you should ask actually mate, I bought 4 albums from Play.com and the rest from HMV last night. Bloc Party still hasn't arrived! I ordered it last wednesday, got confirmation of postage but it hasn't arrived. To be honest I don't think Play.com is much cheaper than HMV and at least from HMV you get the product straight away.

I worked it out (I was going to do a new thread on this) that from the CD's I bought last night (i.e. Mars Volta, Mercury Rev, Coral, Editors, Magic Numbers and Graham Coxon), from Play.com they would have cost me £49.50 and in HMV it cost me £51. Is it really worth pissing around with the chutney ferrets at Play.com? Also, the Coral one is out of stock so I'd have to wait for that for x number of days, plus the 3-5 days for delivery. Add on to that the fact that some may not arrive (as what happened with Bloc Party - when I get that who knows?) and I feel that HMV is a better option. F uck the .com's, they aint worth it.

Joe_Fox said:
:icon_lol: Funny you should ask actually mate, I bought 4 albums from Play.com and the rest from HMV last night. Bloc Party still hasn't arrived! I ordered it last wednesday, got confirmation of postage but it hasn't arrived. To be honest I don't think Play.com is much cheaper than HMV and at least from HMV you get the product straight away.

I worked it out (I was going to do a new thread on this) that from the CD's I bought last night (i.e. Mars Volta, Mercury Rev, Coral, Editors, Magic Numbers and Graham Coxon), from Play.com they would have cost me £49.50 and in HMV it cost me £51. Is it really worth pissing around with the chutney ferrets at Play.com? Also, the Coral one is out of stock so I'd have to wait for that for x number of days, plus the 3-5 days for delivery. Add on to that the fact that some may not arrive (as what happened with Bloc Party - when I get that who knows?) and I feel that HMV is a better option. F uck the .com's, they aint worth it.

They aren't worth it really as like you say HMV/Virgin are about the same price. Also the supermarkets can even be cheaper than the .coms.

If I want something quickly I find iTunes excellent, instant purchase and someway cheaper than buying it from a shop/.com - downside is of course you don't actually get the cd and case.

Fawkeye said:
Mars Volta are bizarrely fantastic! There even better live!

I know - their live sets are non-stop carnage of the ears!

Got the editors on now - gloomy but good.

Got Nine Black Alps as a copy off a mate, thats ok. The first 4 songs are good - kind of tails off after that.

Dunc said:
Got Nine Black Alps as a copy off a mate, thats ok. The first 4 songs are good - kind of tails off after that.

I supported Nine Black Alps at the leadmill a few months back, I didn't think much of them then but I think the albums alright. They looked fantastic on TV from tea in the park as well!

Fawkeye said:
Mars Volta are bizarrely fantastic! There even better live!
i saw them two years ago when they supported the chili peppers and they where shite:102: also there is no cheaper place then amazon to get cds-unless you work for virgin megastores and get 25% discount :icon_cool

Still no delivery from Play.com (or should it be fookin'useless.com)

Joe_Fox said:
Still no delivery from Play.com (or should it be fookin'useless.com)

Why not good old Amazon Joe?
Prompt delivery & MASSIVE selection. OK theres postage if you spend less than £20 but for a quantity like you've gone for it saves the hastle of leaving the house.

If you fancy a gamble, go for the Amazon second-hand option.

Best thing about HMV is browsing all the stuff you'd forgotten about untill you got there.

Fine slection of stuff BTW.
Maximo P - deverstating
Editors - unsure as yet
Bloc P - Almost, so close to excellent
Magic Num - Starts great then looses it all, shame (they sound just like a late '80s band from Manchester called 'The Man From DelMonte')

Orifice said:
Why not good old Amazon Joe?
Prompt delivery & MASSIVE selection. OK theres postage if you spend less than £20 but for a quantity like you've gone for it saves the hastle of leaving the house.

If you fancy a gamble, go for the Amazon second-hand option.

Best thing about HMV is browsing all the stuff you'd forgotten about untill you got there.

Fine slection of stuff BTW.
Maximo P - deverstating
Editors - unsure as yet
Bloc P - Almost, so close to excellent
Magic Num - Starts great then looses it all, shame (they sound just like a late '80s band from Manchester called 'The Man From DelMonte')

Isn't the man from delMonte a.k.a. MKFox?
Also, Orifice, I quite like leaving the house - I mean I think if I stayed in all the time then I might get into optical illusions or something. :icon_lol:

I think The Editors album is rather damn good.I got the Special Edition one and the 'Cuttings' CD is equally if not better than the actual Album,'Let Your Good Heart Lead You Home' being particulary excellent.Mind you I am a miserable old bastard so I would like it..

highland fox said:
I think The Editors album is rather damn good.I got the Special Edition one and the 'Cuttings' CD is equally if not better than the actual Album,'Let Your Good Heart Lead You Home' being particulary excellent.Mind you I am a miserable old bastard so I would like it..

I think it's a decent album although they do sound very Joy Division/Interpol like. This isn't a bad thing at all but I think they play on it a bit too much and need to find their own sound sooner rather than later.

The Veils-The Runway Found
The Stills-Only logic Can Break Your Heart

Just got to listen to them now...

highland fox said:
The Stills-Only logic Can Break Your Heart

Not strictly true - I heard a tale of a girl who was attacked by 2+2=5, died of a broken heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669