CD Buying Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximo Park is a quality album and so is The Editors, bit bleak at times but hey nothing wrong with that. Bought the Kanye West album last week too which is good if you like Hip Hop.

Just bought the Weezer back catalogue which I've been meaning to do for ages off Amazon, delivered within 48 hours which was good, along with a couple of Radiohead CD's i had to replace.

You can't fault Amazon for service.

Joe_Fox said:
Not strictly true - I heard a tale of a girl who was attacked by 2+2=5, died of a broken heart.

It's actually called Logic will break your Heart,my mistake

Dunc said:
Maximo Park is a quality album and so is The Editors, bit bleak at times but hey nothing wrong with that. Bought the Kanye West album last week too which is good if you like Hip Hop.

Just bought the Weezer back catalogue which I've been meaning to do for ages off Amazon, delivered within 48 hours which was good, along with a couple of Radiohead CD's i had to replace.

You can't fault Amazon for service.
:038: Gota love weezer!

drummindefender said:
:038: Gota love weezer!

weezer are a great band. got the whole back catologue to.

Leaders of the Free World by Elbow.Just got it sounds good after 2 listens.

Seth Lakeman - Kitty Jay
Enjoying this, the nearest guide I can think of is if you like Fairport Convention you may well like this.

The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers
Nice light harmonies good to chill out to

The word is live - Yes
Well I am in my 40's!! A 3 CD set great memories of a load of great gigs. Not sure that I agree with all the selections but a good listen, if you like this sort of thing!!:)

Hazzman said:
Highland, anothe doom and gloom CD.
What do you put on when you are happy?

I just buy Gang Of Four 'Enterainment!'

Have you actually heard it? No,didn't think so....

But you're right maybe I should cheer up..send us a copy of your S Club 7 Greatest Hits Cd will you?

Last edited:
Please Highland calm down, its a day after defeat against the Sheepshaggers. I just read one time that Elbow were a fairly gloom band, appartently Editors lead singer also said ' If it wasnt for Elbow, he wouldnt have been here.'

Im sorry but my Cd Collection doesnt contain S Club Greatest Hits, it does however contain both of Joy Division's albums and Radiohead's OK Computer.

Hazzman said:
Please Highland calm down, its a day after defeat against the Sheepshaggers. I just read one time that Elbow were a fairly gloom band, appartently Editors lead singer also said ' If it wasnt for Elbow, he wouldnt have been here.'

Im sorry but my Cd Collection doesnt contain S Club Greatest Hits, it does however contain both of Joy Division's albums and Radiohead's OK Computer.

Listen to 'Forget Myself' and tell me they are gloomy.....some of their stuff is a bit morbid though;)
Editors album is superb stuff IM Depressive O....

after some of the discussions on here and a few little snippets I have downloaded the British Sea Power album. Ill let you know what i think. Not that anyone cares.;)

ScarboroughFox said:
i care

i heard they were quite good but only heard one tune and it wasnt that special!!

I own the British Sea Power album Open Season, its very good, the single which they got the most airplay on, I think is the worst song on the album. However, its very gentle and sweet.

Currently on heavy rotation:

Elbow - Leaders Of The Free World
Sigor Ros - Takk
BRMC - Howl

Bought 3 today.
Best of Human League
Best of Art of Noise
Best of Billy Idol...

:100:

Just bought

Bloc Party
Maximo Park

They're alright nothing special, I'll probably listen to both albums about 5 times in the next 6 months. I did try to find the The Go! Team's album to I cant find the facker anywhere.

I did however buy Dead Man Shoes, a great film set in Midlands. £7 AT Virgin.

Hazzman said:
Just bought

Bloc Party
Maximo Park

They're alright nothing special, I'll probably listen to both albums about 5 times in the next 6 months. I did try to find the The Go! Team's album to I cant find the facker anywhere.

I did however buy Dead Man Shoes, a great film set in Midlands. £7 AT Virgin.

I got Silent Alarm when it came out and didn't really like it but i'm always listening to it now, it kind of grows on you like Some Cities ;)

I'd highly recommend "Thunder, Lightning, Strike" by The Go! Team. A very fun album. They're coming to play in NYC on Nov. 2, and I can't miss that one--should be a blast.

Maximo Park's "A Certain Trigger" is the best album out of Britain this year out of the ones I've heard. Solid all the way through, lyrics about failed love that are actually pretty good, a healthy serving of coily post-punk guitars (but not overkill)... pissed off that I missed their show in NYC on the 17th.

I listen to Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm" often and I do enjoy it... one thing that sticks out to me about it is that their sound isn't really original. If they were American, they'd be lumped in there with most other emo bands. However, there's something really catchy about their stuff, and their drummer is ridiculously awesome.

Joe_Fox, the Arcade Fire released an EP that they recorded in 2002 (when the band was pretty much just Wyn and Régine and a bunch of guest musicians). I picked that up a couple of weeks ago and I think it's fantastic, not as good in the lyrics department as "Funeral" but right up there musically.

Wolf Parade's "Apologies to the Queen Mary" should be a required purchase for all "indie" fans ;) Best album of the year.

JoBeck said:
I'd highly recommend "Thunder, Lightning, Strike" by The Go! Team. A very fun album. They're coming to play in NYC on Nov. 2, and I can't miss that one--should be a blast.

Maximo Park's "A Certain Trigger" is the best album out of Britain this year out of the ones I've heard. Solid all the way through, lyrics about failed love that are actually pretty good, a healthy serving of coily post-punk guitars (but not overkill)... pissed off that I missed their show in NYC on the 17th.

I listen to Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm" often and I do enjoy it... one thing that sticks out to me about it is that their sound isn't really original. If they were American, they'd be lumped in there with most other emo bands. However, there's something really catchy about their stuff, and their drummer is ridiculously awesome.

Joe_Fox, the Arcade Fire released an EP that they recorded in 2002 (when the band was pretty much just Wyn and Régine and a bunch of guest musicians). I picked that up a couple of weeks ago and I think it's fantastic, not as good in the lyrics department as "Funeral" but right up there musically.

Wolf Parade's "Apologies to the Queen Mary" should be a required purchase for all "indie" fans ;) Best album of the year.

I would back up all those points apart from Wolf Parade's LP as I've not heard it. The Go! Team album is quality, bit like The Avalanches album of a few years ago in parts but its brilliant anyway.

The Bloc Party and Maximo Park albums are really good, although I find myself listening to the Maximo Park one more regularly than Bloc Party for some reason.

Whats Wolf Parade's album like JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670