CD Buying Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unconscious Pilot-The Great Depression
The End of The Pier-The Workhouse

My two latest purchases,guaranteed to darken any day.

I realised why I could get hold of Go! Team's album, its because they're are re-releasing it on Monday with a couple of new tracks. I'm umming and urring over Franz Ferdinand's new release.

Dunc said:
I would back up all those points apart from Wolf Parade's LP as I've not heard it. The Go! Team album is quality, bit like The Avalanches album of a few years ago in parts but its brilliant anyway.

The Bloc Party and Maximo Park albums are really good, although I find myself listening to the Maximo Park one more regularly than Bloc Party for some reason.

Whats Wolf Parade's album like JB?

http://hype.non-standard.net/search/"wolf%20parade"/1/

I'd recommend "Shine a Light" and "I'll Believe in Anything." Their singers almost caterwaul their way through the songs, but for some reason, it works.

Help-A Day in the Life

Surprisingly good for a charity Compilation,some shite but you can't have everything and it is for 'Charidy'

I recently bought the Engineers album, a couple of cracking songs on it. Probably not everyone's cup of tea.

LS6_Fox said:
I recently bought the Engineers album, a couple of cracking songs on it. Probably not everyone's cup of tea.

I've got that,finding it difficult to get 'into'.

highland fox said:
Help-A Day in the Life

Surprisingly good for a charity Compilation,some shite but you can't have everything and it is for 'Charidy'

Did you buy this because of Radiohead's involvement?
Also, whats the Kaiser Chiefs cover like?

DurhamFox said:
You're supposed to put the CD in your CD player not try and shag the hole in the middle
:icon_eek: The hole's a bit big for that isn't it....?

DurhamFox said:
You have very valid point.:icon_lol:

To answer your question Hazzman
1.Not really,I do a lot of work for charity,don't like to talk about it..
2.Poor IMO,The Manics one being the best.Again IMO.

As regards you two other sad little men I trust you will be buying the 'Help CD'?....thought not when the Bronski Beat Greatest Hits is on Special Offer.

highland fox said:
As regards you two other sad little men I trust you will be buying the 'Help CD'?....thought not when the Bronski Beat Greatest Hits is on Special Offer.
Is it HF?
I wouldn't know, I don't trawl through the 'queer as feck, reduced price' section...
you pikey pansy...

highland fox said:
I've got that,finding it difficult to get 'into'.
Yeh it's not an album everyone will like, very atmospheric sound, the best two tracks are 6 and the last one, remind me of early Verve tunes, such as 'Man called sun' and 'She's a superstar'.

LS6_Fox said:

If you get the chance see them live - very good indeed.

On a different tack I'd recommend the Warlocks new album, slightly over produced but worth it for the title track alone.

Ox Fox said:
If you get the chance see them live - very good indeed.

On a different tack I'd recommend the Warlocks new album, slightly over produced but worth it for the title track alone.
I'm off to see them in a couple of weeks, they do sound like their songs will sound loads better in a live environment.

Will check out your other recommendation.

LS6_Fox said:
I'm off to see them in a couple of weeks, they do sound like their songs will sound loads better in a live environment.

Will check out your other recommendation.

Live they are very 'tight' as they say in the music biz I think they've developed their sound a lot since recording that album, and I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Another tip for the top next year - Battle, they sound a little Bloc Party for my liking but have a bit more edge.

If you do happen to like Surgery by the Warlocks I strongly recommend their previous album Phoenix which is a corker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669