Champions League Knock-Out Matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Even though Milan are one of my favourite teams, this game has been dogshite.

Zlatan to score a hat-trick second half with any luck.

Bah!

And the lino should've allowed the last minute goal, just as it would have been the 532nd wonder goal of Zlatan's career. The rules should allowed to be bent to accept genius. ;)

Hope Barca teach the Arse a footballing lesson tomorrow.

Last edited:
Milan are a bunch of dirty feckers, hope that get a proper shaffting at White hart lane!!!

I'm delighted Spurs beat the dirty, cheating Milan. I like Milan, but not the way they played the game. They should be ashamed of themselves. Call them selves AC Milan players. Pfftt!

And I'd like to see Arsenal give it a good go tomorrow, should be an excellent game.

One poor challenge and you get called a "dirty team" from people who have no doubt not seen a single minute of their other games this season. :icon_roll

Milan are the epitome of a club with history of playing the game the right way.

Ruud.jpg

They have a history agreed, but that doesn't mean this team played it in the right way and spirit tonight does it? I hope they don't play like that every week. And given their pedegree and History some of their players should be ashamed of themselves.

They have a history agreed, but that doesn't mean this team played it in the right way and spirit tonight does it? I hope they don't play like that every week. And given their pedegree and History some of their players should be ashamed of themselves.

:102: Ashamed of themselves for what? They passed Spurs off the park. All Spurs did was sit back and then hoof it up field towards Crouch. There was one team trying to play football the right way out there and it wasn't the team in white.

Flamini made one awful challenge, which I agree should have been a red card, but one challenge doesn't make them a dirty team.

Last edited:
:102: Ashamed of themselves for what? They passed Spurs off the park. All Spurs did was sit back and then hoof it up field towards Crouch. There was one team trying to play football the right way out there and it wasn't the team in white.

Flamini made one awful challenge, which I agree should have been a red card, but one challenge doesn't make them a dirty team.

plus the two Gattuso incidents.

Edit: Wouldn't say Spurs were played off the park. Lennon had the left back beat on many occasions.

Last edited:
How are people really interested? I really can't understand the fascination with the Champions League and foreign football. If it doesn't involve City I really have no interest. Not mocking anyone here, I think I must be unusual as I have zero interest in any of it.

From what i saw from Milan today i wouldn't waste my time making an effort to actually watch them play in the league.....utter boo boo!!

:102: Ashamed of themselves for what? They passed Spurs off the park. All Spurs did was sit back and then hoof it up field towards Crouch. There was one team trying to play football the right way out there and it wasn't the team in white.Flamini made one awful challenge, which I agree should have been a red card, but one challenge doesn't make them a dirty team.

I admit that I would like to see all english clubs do well and therefor was keen to see Spurs do well, so as all football fans do I have possibly over exagerated with the "Dirty Milan" Tag, when in reality it was Gattuso and Flamini who were the offenders and should have both been sent off.

As for your statement above...you are clearly a Milan fan and the rule of over exagerating clearly applies here. If you watched it back you would see Spurs kept the ball for fun bar a 20 min period in the second half when Milan were pressing (which you would expect them to do) But other than that they are certainly no long ball team and in Moderic and Van der Vaart they have two absolute quality players.

And if you think about it, even watch it and still think the same as you have said above...then we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
How are people really interested? I really can't understand the fascination with the Champions League and foreign football. If it doesn't involve City I really have no interest. Not mocking anyone here, I think I must be unusual as I have zero interest in any of it.

I can fully understand that people enjoy watching football matches around the world and I believe those that do have a better understanding of the game than most (not always).

What I can't understand is those that support other teams. Not having a go at anyone it is their choice but not something I would do. City are my only team.

I can fully understand that people enjoy watching football matches around the world and I believe those that do have a better understanding of the game than most (not always).

What I can't understand is those that support other teams. Not having a go at anyone it is their choice but not something I would do. City are my only team.

That's pretty much what I meant but you put it better.

There's a difference between watching football as a supporter and not. I enjoy watching Barcelona for an entirely different reason I enjoy watching Leicester. You really don't see why people enjoy seeing the best players in the world put on a spectacle? :102:

plus the two Gattuso incidents.

Edit: Wouldn't say Spurs were played off the park. Lennon had the left back beat on many occasions.

I never said they were played off the park, I said they were passed off the park. Tottenham's gameplan was effective, but a lot more boring to watch.

The right way is the winning way.

For a supporter of the winning team, yes. For someone watching who is a supporter of neither, no.

From what i saw from Milan today i wouldn't waste my time making an effort to actually watch them play in the league.....utter boo boo!!

From what i saw from Leicester against Portsmouth earlier this season i wouldn't waste my time making an effort to actually watch them play in the league.....utter boo boo!!

I admit that I would like to see all english clubs do well

Why?! This has always struck me as an extremely bizarre attitude.

As for your statement above...you are clearly a Milan fan and the rule of over exagerating clearly applies here. If you watched it back you would see Spurs kept the ball for fun bar a 20 min period in the second half when Milan were pressing (which you would expect them to do) But other than that they are certainly no long ball team and in Moderic and Van der Vaart they have two absolute quality players.

I like watching Van der Vaart, Modric and Bale when they at their best, but you can't deny Spurs played a much more direct and pragmatic style than Milan did tonight.

I support Leicester, but I also follow and enjoy watching several other teams.

Last edited:
I support Leicester, but I also follow and enjoy watching several other teams.

I wasn't aiming the comment at you or any one on this board. As I said I fully understand why people enjoy watching certain teams. I have even enjoyed watch Barca a couple of times this season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669