Champions League Knock-Out Matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally find that people who support the likes of Yanited etc. have family members who don't like football.
I find that they actually know very little about the game and have an odd addiction to the reflected glory that winning brings, and consequently 'support' Manyoo despite having never been anywhere near Old Trafford. I have a cousin who has switched multiple times between Manyoo, Arsenhole and Chelski. It seems to depend on which team had most points at the end of the previous season.

So the local team thing only applies when they are of a certain standard because you don't enjoy the standard that your local amateur team play at? What's the difference between that and supporting ManUtd because you don't enjoy the standard of football Leicester play at?

Nothing personal Prof, but I've lost the will to live with this debate now! Let's just agree to differ and leave it at that :icon_bigg

Bit of a boring game tonight. Would like Spurs to do well though even though they knocked out Milan. :(

WTF?! Bayern?! Talk about throwing it away and against Inter of all teams. :(

Would love to see Spurs or Shakhtar make the semis. Even though they are underdogs can't quite bring myself round to cheering Schalke on.

Wish I'd have watched that one instead of the ManUtd game now.

Quarter final draw:

Real Madrid vs Spurs
Barcelona vs Shakhtar
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Inter vs Schalke

Semi Finals:
Madrid/Spurs vs Barca/Shakhtar
Inter/Schalke vs Chelsea/Man Utd

Tough draw for Spurs! Can't see them getting past Madrid, which is a shame. I'm enjoying Spurs in Europe. I hope Man Utd beat Chelsea, and Inter go through. Inter vs Man Utd would be an interesting game.

Some juicy ties there though.

Barca v Madrid will potentially be an interesting game in the next round, although would love to see Spurs v Barca.

Man Utd v Chelsea will be a bore-fest.

Barca vs Madrid semi would be mouth watering. Though I'd like to see Spurs beat Madrid obviously.

Inter are lucky bastards and have been all the way through this tournament. Would love to see Schalke, even though it's Schalke, do them.

Barca vs Madrid semi would be mouth watering. Though I'd like to see Spurs beat Madrid obviously.

Inter are lucky bastards and have been all the way through this tournament. Would love to see Schalke, even though it's Schalke, do them.

What's wrong with Schalke?

Wouldn't say they were lucky on Tuesday. Looked as good as ever going forward-Eto'o especially

And I can't see Spurs beating Madrid-Mourinho knows how to play games away from home in Europe, and will tactically outmanoeuvre 'Arry. In fact I fancy them to win the whole thing, as much as it pains me to say it.

I like Mourinho a lot, I wish he would stop hopping between the scummiest team in each country.

On another note, we could have 4 El Clásicos in the space of 20 days, which certainly whets the appetite.

16 Apr: Real - Barça (league - Bernabeu)
20 Apr: Real - Barça (Copa del Rey - Mestalla)
27 Apr: Real - Barça (Champions League - Bernabeu)
3 May: Barça - Real (Champions League - Nou Camp)

Last edited:
Ray Wilkins is an absolute tit.

Last edited:
No shock that Spurs got thrashed (specially with 10 men for 75mins), but what were Inter doing tonight? 2-5 at home? Shocking... Not that I mind though.
No need for return matches in either of those ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670