Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

Whats happened to the Euro greedy feckers thread?

Anyway a collection of ramblings on the Champions League.

Hate to say it but Man U look the best team in the tournament at the minute. I was flicking between the two games (and bionic woman, Michelle Ryan:055:) last night and Barca look lacklustre, they were lucky to beat Schalke who look like Leicester in front of goal.

I hope Liverpool go out next week, their fans do my head in and all that rubbish about them being the most passionate knowledgable fans. Its looking like an all Premiership final.

Hate to say it but Man U look the best team in the tournament at the minute. I was flicking between the two games (and bionic woman, Michelle Ryan:055:) last night and Barca look lacklustre, they were lucky to beat Schalke who look like Leicester in front of goal.

I hope Liverpool go out next week, their fans do my head in and all that rubbish about them being the most passionate knowledgable fans. Its looking like an all Premiership final.

Isn't that Newcastle fans ?

And the scousers, commentators always go on about Anfield on European nights and Liverpool fans being knowledgable. Both of which I disagree with. Its just one of those cliches that get ground out every time.

Atmosphere is good at loads of grounds on European nights, for some reason it winds me up.

I think its more the Commentators,when I lived there I never heard one Liverpool fan saying that the atmosphere in the ground was any different on a European nights than any other night.Some of them are knowledgeable some are wankers just like any other club.The fans can't really help it if people like Clive Tydsley and David Pleat want to spout horeshit

Last edited:
Typical lazy cliched shit you get all the time nowadays

Anfield hasn't had a 'special' atmosphere for over twenty five years

The St Etienne game will undobtedly get a mention :icon_roll

Typical lazy cliched shit you get all the time nowadays

Anfield hasn't had a 'special' atmosphere for over twenty five years

The St Etienne game will undobtedly get a mention :icon_roll

It was special that night I went and Ian Marshall scored in the last minute

It was special that night I went and Ian Marshall scored in the last minute

Indeed it was. Right in front of the Kop too.

First time I ever saw Boc that was :)

Last edited:

fully agree with you DFE, the biggest load of tosser you could wish to come across.
The other week they were saying the Inter players would never have played in front of a crowd such as the size at Anfield, an arena filled with passionate scousers.
Did they not realise where Inter play?

fully agree with you DFE, the biggest load of tosser you could wish to come across.
The other week they were saying the Inter players would never have played in front of a crowd such as the size at Anfield, an arena filled with passionate scousers.
Did they not realise where Inter play?

But its the Commentators who say it not the Liverpool fans:icon_roll

Possible Sour Grapes because Liverpool tanned the so-called cream of Serie A ???

Last edited:
It was bitter that night,please tell me he was wearing long trousers

TBH I'm not sure that he was - I'm sure I would have noticed! I was sat right in front of him towards the back and I think it was his bocadillo shirt that drew my attention.

I'm sure he will be along in a while to correct me if my memory has faded a little :icon_wink

Possible Sour Grapes because Liverpool tanned the so-called cream of Serie A ???

I hate Inter with a passion so it didn't matter to me one way or another. They are both as bad as each other.

No hf the bloody scousers are always going on like anfield is the home of football when everyone knows its the Walkers. Seriously though they do ring up five live and talksport banging on about Anfield and it does my head in.

You wont have to hear about special nights at Anfield in a few years.

You wont have to hear about special nights at Anfield in a few years.

Oh yes we will, they'll be ringing up talksport going on about how Anfield used to be the best atmosphere in Europe and the Dubai International Capital Kop (please let it be called that) isn't as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669