Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Liverpool are the only PL side that Arsenal could beat over two legs Hazz. Liverpool can't hurt Arsenal in the same way that Man U and Chelsea can. Would be amazed if Liverpool keep a clean sheet.

I think Liverpool are the only PL side that Arsenal could beat over two legs Hazz. Liverpool can't hurt Arsenal in the same way that Man U and Chelsea can. Would be amazed if Liverpool keep a clean sheet.

They might if Hyppia doesn't play,not good enough at this level anymore.

They might if Hyppia doesn't play,not good enough at this level anymore.

Thats true.

Speaking of slow defenders I am surprised Torres didn't look to run at Senderos more. On the rare occasions he did get him 1 on 1 he absolutely roasted him for pace.

But surely it could be applied in many different cases?

At the end of the day if Bendtner hadn't been a twat and saving Fabregas shot off the line - Arsenal would have been happy.

Last edited:
Any excuse to discredit and slag Liverpool

As I have previously mentioned to my brother - I know more Liverpool fans than Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal who have at least visit Anfield. My brother mate's massive Pool fan, he has more respect and more knowledge than most - regular Anfield attender - he respects City unlike some cnuts who I just receive snide comments from.

I think Dickovforengland maybe a closet gooner Hazz:icon_wink

I've lived in Highbury for a long time now hf so yup I favour them over any team except Leicester but I like to think I look at them objectively. Arsenal IMO are better than Liverpool and will create loads of chances, I don't think Liverpool's luck will hold out and I don't think they will score more than Arsenal but it should be a good game. I can see it being 1 -1 or 2 -2 or an Arsenal win but not 0 - 0.

Whoever wins will more than likely get humped by Man U if they get to the final anyway so ultimately it'll only matter for bragging rights!

Oh BTW that ref thing is Sky stirring.

Last edited:
My reading of that says it'll be a tight game Hazz and its his view.

If Arsenal had an in form striker they'd have a lead and I'd expect them to extend it. They haven't though which is what makes it such a finely poised game.

So a 0-0 Arsenal are out, any score draw its advantage Arsenal (1 - 1 means extra time where only a 0-0 in extra time takes it to pens because of away goals). If Liverpool go 1-0 up it'll be the motivation Arsenal need to chase the game as they have done countless times this season and at Anfield in the league. I think Arsenal will outplay Liverpool for significant periods and one of the chances will come off.

Liverpool have to win or get a 0 - 0, Arsenal have to win, or get a score draw, more options. Remember the atmosphere works both ways, if its twitchy bum time and Arsenal have the ball and 40,000 scousers are bricking it then that'll hinder Liverpool as much as the crowd roaring them on will help them.

Anyway depending on the centre back situation at Man Utd these two teams are playing for cash not silverware. Man Utd are the team to beat.

Or its further proof that if Arsenal go a goal down and have a strong side out they can outplay Liverpool, create loads of chances and put one of them in despite having the worst srikers in the top 4. Depending on how you look at it.

It'll be a good game it's tight and the only thing thats certain is that one of us will be wrong. I think Arsenal have too much quality for Liverpool, apart from up front and that should take them through.

Or its further proof that if Arsenal go a goal down and have a strong side out they can outplay Liverpool, create loads of chances and put one of them in despite having the worst srikers in the top 4. Depending on how you look at it.

Or you could say it showed Liverpool's ability to score a goal on the counter and Liverpool's superb defence when under pressure. They were superb last 20 minutes.

Haven't got Sky Hazz so I didn't see it, only saw highlights on MOTD. Lets agree to differ for now, it'll be done and dusted in about 26 hours so we can pick the bones out of the match then.

Thats not hard

Poster 1 " I think we're fecked and its Ollie's fault"
Poster 2 " I think we're really fecked and it's Ollie's and Manadric's fault"
Poster 3 " I think we're really fecked and it's Ollie's and Mandaric's and the players fault"
Poster 4 "This is the worst side I have seen in 86 years of watching Leicester"
Poster 5 "You said that last year"
Poster 4 " I mean it this year and we are still worse than under Pleat"
Poster 5 "You said that last year as well"
Poster 6 "Hume is crap"
Poster 7 "Hume is great"
Poster 8 "Bring back Joey G"

We should rename the site Groundhog Day!

I can't bring myself to debating the relative depths of gloom and doom so I tend to stay away from the LCFC forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669