Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough - but when my dad died I was in absolute pieces for a very long time

Not sure I could have stepped up to take the penalty the way that he did (or the extremely lower level equivalent of that within the work environment I was in at the time)
Of course, I understand that entirely. But it was obvious that Lampard stepped up with the attitude "I'm going to do this FOR my Mum", and not despite her. He could have hid, but he chose to embrace it. I respect him for that.

On a personal note, and despite my passion for Liverpool, I was sort of hoping he'd score because it could have destroyed him if he didn't.

Of course, I understand that entirely. But it was obvious that Lampard stepped up with the attitude "I'm going to do this FOR my Mum", and not despite her. He could have hid, but he chose to embrace it. I respect him for that.

On a personal note, and despite my passion for Liverpool, I was sort of hoping he'd score because it could have destroyed him if he didn't.

:038:

Imagine if he scores the winner in the final......

Last edited:
Hume had not lost a parent and he fcuked our penalty up.

Fair enough - but when my dad died I was in absolute pieces for a very long time

Not sure I could have stepped up to take the penalty the way that he did (or the extremely lower level equivalent of that within the work environment I was in at the time)

I think everyone's getting at the media approach to it all....no dig at Lampard.

Spot on :038:

Hume had not lost a parent and he fcuked our penalty up.
Maybe we should cull a parent of each of our players so they have someone to play for on Sunday....

Maybe we should cull a parent of each of our players so they have someone to play for on Sunday....
Their parents have already disowned them because of the embarrassment they are causing their respective families.

We'd be better off killing the players, and playing their mothers in their place

yeah but he will come off the bench and score the winning goal on sunday and then be rewarded with a bumper 5-yr contract worth £25k a week

Man Utd 3-1 up but down to ten men,Nani sent off.West Ham should have had a stonewall Pen IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669