Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

I don't like Manure but I like Cheatsea even less. Still better a pseudo English club win it than a semi spanish club.

highland fox

Chelsea were the better team over the two legs.Until Liverpool get 2 or 3 World Class players in they are always going to be a nearly team.The likes of Riise,Benayoun,Alonso,Hyppia,Pennant aren't good enough at this level.TRhey should buy Berbatov to play upfront with Torres
Who will win the Final ? I don't care

Yorkshire Vixen

Chelsea were the better team over the two legs.Until Liverpool get 2 or 3 World Class players in they are always going to be a nearly team.The likes of Riise,Benayoun,Alonso,Hyppia,Pennant aren't good enough at this level.TRhey should buy Berbatov to play upfront with Torres

didnt they win it with these players in their squad??

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
.Until Liverpool get 2 or 3 World Class players in they are always going to be a nearly team.
Should you have put the word "another" in there somewhere? Or do you beleive that Gerrard, Carragher and Torres aren't world class?

I'd sell Dick Knut at the first opportunity, everything that goes through him fails and breaks down. He's mildly OK as last man, but not in the build up.

drummindefender

I would agree with you apart from Alonso-plus Benayoun despite being rubbish overall did make a great run and pass for Torres's goal

highland fox

Should you have put the word "another" in there somewhere? Or do you beleive that Gerrard, Carragher and Torres aren't world class?

I'd sell Dick Knut at the first opportunity, everything that goes through him fails and breaks down. He's mildly OK as last man, but not in the build up.

Yes I should have but they need someone up front with Torres and a World Class midfielder not the likes of Alonso,Lucas,Pennant,Benayoun who are just good players but they wouldn't get in Man Utd or Chelsea squad

homer

Yes I should have but they need someone up front with Torres

Benitez should have stuck Crouch on last night in extra time, and it might well have been a different story

I think he cost them the game

Yorkshire Vixen

dont reckon much to mascherano he kept blatantly obstructing their players and then whingeing to the ref

also i know lampard has had a tough week but thousands of people lose a parent and then go back to work but i thought it was a bit ott to keep going on about it its only got publicity because of who he is

highland fox

Benitez should have stuck Crouch on last night in extra time, and it might well have been a different story

I think he cost them the game

You might be right,I think that spelt the end of Crouch's career at Liverpool,I expect him to be gone in the Summer.Benitez is a stubborn get

homer

You might be right,I think that spelt the end of Crouch's career at Liverpool,I expect him to be gone in the Summer.Benitez is a stubborn get

He's an idiot

Crouch and Torres up front with Babel on the left - would have won them the game. Chelsea looked fecked to me

Can't believe Crouch would want to stay there whilst he remains in charge - he clearly doesn't rate him at all

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
also i know lampard has had a tough week but thousands of people lose a parent and then go back to work but i thought it was a bit ott to keep going on about it its only got publicity because of who he is
But these professional footballers are under so much more pressure, YV.

It's not as if they're got PA's to sort things out, or an endless pot of money to take away the worry of funeral expenses. Then they have to worry about loss if earnings when they want a day off for the funeral, if they are allowed one at all.

disclaimer - Before you do gooding Melton Fox haters bloody moan at me, I know losing a parent is a human emotion, and not a professional one. And I'm not digging at Lampard, because he has returned to work and he is getting on with is life. It's a dig in support of YV's comments against the commentators. So shove that up your arse you do gooding fukwits!!!

highland fox

dont reckon much to mascherano he kept blatantly obstructing their players and then whingeing to the ref

It was sad about his Mum etc but like you say peoples parents die week in week out and they have far less glamorous jobs to go back to
Apart from that Lampard is still an over-rated ponce regardless

homer

But these professional footballers are under so much more pressure, YV.

It's not as if they're got PA's to sort things out, or an endless pot of money to take away the worry of funeral expenses. Then they have to worry about loss if earnings when they want a day off for the funeral, if they are allowed one at all.

disclaimer - Before you do gooding Melton Fox haters bloody moan at me, I know losing a parent is a human emotion, and not a professional one. And I'm not digging at Lampard, because he has returned to work and he is getting on with is life. It's a dig in support of YV's comments against the commentators. So shove that up your arse you do gooding fukwits!!!

Fair enough - but when my dad died I was in absolute pieces for a very long time

Not sure I could have stepped up to take the penalty the way that he did (or the extremely lower level equivalent of that within the work environment I was in at the time)

Last edited:

Yorkshire Vixen

Fair enough - but when my dad died I was in absolute pieces for a very long time

Not sure I could have stepped up to take the penalty the way that he did (or the extremely lower level equivalent of that within the work environment I was in at the time)

he obviously wanted to play and to take the pen no-one forced him etc but to make him out as some kind of hero for taking it is seriously over the top imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669