Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic game. Only to be matched by the ongoing debate between me and Hazz tomorrow!

never a peno, phil Thompson is a big nosed biased twat

Last edited:
Well done Liverpool, they had a big dose of luck but I think in the end their squad was stronger. Flamini going off was a big turning point (as well as the pen, which I need to see again without a scouser doing his nut next to me). Gilberto hasn't got the same passing ability. That effectively left Arsenal with only 4 of their outfield 10 players who were first choice in the position they played.

Theo Walcott has come on well in the champions league, he seems to struggle to have the same impact when he starts though.

Hyppia's goal was Walshie-esque.

So who do we want for the final? Assuming Manure get past Barca then I want Liverpool as I reckon they have a better chance than Chelsea of beating the scum.

Man U have to beat Barca first (and Roma) which they should do based on recent form but I think Chelsea have a better squad to take United on. Who do I want to win it?

Out of Chelsea (bought by Abramovic), Liverpool (6 times we've won it) and Man United (League, CL and complete domination of PL) probably Man United. They deserve it so far, consistently the best side.

Chelsea will do Liverpool this time round i reckon, especially (correct me if i'm wrong) considering the second leg this time is at stamford bridge.

However they will lose in the final to either Man U or Barca-so we still get to see JT and Fat Frank cry!

I fancy Liverpool to win it now. They are out of the running for the league and Rafa knows if he secures the trophy he also secures his status amongst the Kop Legends - the owners wouldn't dare sack him then.

Maybe, Chelsea and Man Utd have to play each other between their Semi Finals so injuries and concentrating on the league could play into Liverpool's hands.

I see Gerrard gets a 7 on the Sky Sports ratings. Must be based on the pen only, I thought he was utter crap.

I see Gerrard gets a 7 on the Sky Sports ratings. Must be based on the pen only, I thought he was utter crap.

So did he. He is widely reported as saying that he considered it his worst ever game in a Liverpool shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669