Champions League

I agree with pretty much all of that except perhaps the last statement. Forgetting all the concerns around the rise of elite clubs etc, and watching it only as a game of football, it is pretty darned impressive to see - and I'm not churlish enough to suggest otherwise. I'm not a fan of Man City but I am of the football they play.

This is what makes the super league, in whatever form it eventually takes, inevitable.

Yes, it is inevitable I feel. There might be plus sides to that too.

It would be nice if, once football has shat itself out (let's face it, it's already eaten itself, swallowed hard, washed itself down with some liquidised corruption, and is now, as we speak, "processing" itself and squeezing anything resembling worth/value out)....

Where was I?

Oh yes, it would be nice if something pretty ****ing basic like a salary cap was introduced to level the playing field and make the game, errrr, what's the word I'm looking for, oh that's it. FAIR.

Imagine that. A version of football that is fair. I know right. Comical.

It would be nice if, once football has shat itself out (let's face it, it's already eaten itself, swallowed hard, washed itself down with some liquidised corruption, and is now, as we speak, "processing" itself and squeezing anything resembling worth/value out)....

Where was I?

Oh yes, it would be nice if something pretty ****ing basic like a salary cap was introduced to level the playing field and make the game, errrr, what's the word I'm looking for, oh that's it. FAIR.

About as ridiculous as us beating relegation

Where was I?

You know, there is at least a slight chance it could happen in some form. But only in the super league when it arrives.

As well as the oil states the other big players will be US corporations looking to get into the biggest sport in the world finally & dominate it like they do all the others. US sports operate salary caps as standard so they'd be likely to push for it.

It's the american way. Pay your employees as close to ****ing nothing as you can possibly manage. Even when you're billionaires & your employees are millionaires. Not saying they'd succeed but I can see them trying.

So ****ing depressing. I’ll always love football but this really isn’t anything to be impressed by or happy about.

Can't say I've ever worked anywhere where a manager was brought in, given a specific goal to achieve, an unlimited budget & total control & then took 7 years to achieve it. Any other walk of life he'd have been out in 3 as a failure.

Remind me again what I'm supposed to be impressed by ?

Behold the Emperor & his lovely new clothes.

Yawn.

**** off you massive ****ing fraud.

I enjoyed the game though (am I allowed to say that?) Good to see Man City have to work for it, being challenged. I wasn't expecting Inter to offer such competition. Ref let the game flow.

Can't say I've ever worked anywhere where a manager was brought in, given a specific goal to achieve, an unlimited budget & total control & then took 7 years to achieve it. Any other walk of life he'd have been out in 3 as a failure.

Remind me again what I'm supposed to be impressed by ?

Behold the Emperor & his lovely new clothes.

Yawn.

**** off you massive ****ing fraud.
Everyone said last year Pep needed a proper striker.

Easy solution

Go and buy the best striker in the world at that moment.

Win

Genius.

Tbf, he did wait a while though, messing around with false 9s etc. It wasn't as if he just went out and bought any old striker, broke the bank (which was there) to sign Kane or whatever.

Tbf, he did wait a while though, messing around with false 9s etc. It wasn't as if he just went out and bought any old striker, broke the bank (which was there) to sign Kane or whatever.
That’s because you have misunderstood the model.
He doesn’t want “a superb striker”

He picks the one that is unanimously agreed to be the best in the world at that time

Since there was not much agreement before, he can’t pick

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664