Champions League

Comes from old Hollywood films. Some gypsy girl was always getting locked up in a dungeon by the evil local law. Usually unshaven types in dirty uniforms. The square jawed hero type would always swing in at the last second & save her just as she was about to be violated by a posse of these leering scumbag types.

So technically, the gypsy girl came to no physical harm? Does this analogy flow through to Dortmund's situation? If so, who will be the square jawed hero against the muddied and unshaven Real Madrid team?

So technically, the gypsy girl came to no physical harm? Does this analogy flow through to Dortmund's situation? If so, who will be the square jawed hero against the muddied and unshaven Real Madrid team?
Yeah. She always got rescued. The analogy was about the intent rather than what actually transpired. But I expect Real to get the job done. In real life.

Although, if there was to be a square jawed type to rescue Dortmund ? Well no shortage of those in a team full of Germans. Mats Hummels soaring high to head home a set piece in injury time ?

This is where you need Robert Huth to still be playing. The square jaw against which all others shall forever be judged.

So a scab club wins Europe's top prize. Great.

Quiet thread, this. I’ve been watching this absolute shit between Arsenal and Shakhtar. Trossard missed a penalty a little bit ago. Does anyone know why he has grey hair? He’s not even 30, allegedly.

Quiet thread, this. I’ve been watching this absolute shit between Arsenal and Shakhtar. Trossard missed a penalty a little bit ago. Does anyone know why he has grey hair? He’s not even 30, allegedly.

Worse standard than that ****ing dreadful Snotters v Palace game

And that was ****ing hideous

Champions League, my arse

I see Champions League Aston Villa are currently top of the Champions League

Hard to really get interested in a massive league of random fixtures being played over months not really knowing the significance of any particular result. Group stages were often dull but you knew most results mattered.
Yeah I can see that being hard to get into. Sounds shite.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool821
2Manchester C  820
3Arsenal817
4Aston Villa817
5Brighton815
6Chelsea814
7Tottenham 813
8Nottm F813
9Newcastle812
10Fulham811
11Bournemouth811