Champions League

I can take them not caring about the sport. What bothers me is that they don't care about the blood
I think the banner is meant to be targeting UEFA, not Newcastle or FIFA. Though it probably goes for them as well.

Apparently the VAR official that made the penalty call last night has been stood down.

Hang on a minute, he wasn’t reffing the game.

He advised the ref to take another look at the monitor.

Ref should be bollocked for having no bollox!

Hoping that one of these days a ref will look at the screen and say “nope you’re wrong, I'm sticking with my decision”

The screen thing is completely ****ing pointless at present.

I wasn't paying much attention last night but I think I saw a referee go to the monitor and stick with his decision - at the end of the Lazio v Celtic game.

Apologies, just checked, Celtis were originally awarded a penalty which was then overturned by the referee when he had another look.
Do you think it should have been a penalty?

Do you think it was a clear and obvious error?

If VAR have to look at an incident for several minutes, is it really a clear and obvious error?

Do you think it should have been a penalty?

Do you think it was a clear and obvious error?

If VAR have to look at an incident for several minutes, is it really a clear and obvious error?
That's the crux of it for me. You should barely even need a qualified referee.
If it's clear and obvious any football fan should spot it (I am not suggesting this is the new policy)

If they cannot spot it within 15 seconds the original decision should stand.

I hope we end up ditching the clear and obvious bit and focussing on whether a decision is correct or not.

VAR officials should be encouraged to look at decisions and quickly say whether they agree with the referee or not. if they do let the decision stand, if they don't suggest to the referee to have another look.

That's the crux of it for me. You should barely even need a qualified referee.
If it's clear and obvious any football fan should spot it (I am not suggesting this is the new policy)

If they cannot spot it within 15 seconds the original decision should stand.
And no ****ing drawing lines and giving offside for a toenail. Offside if it is clearly offside. That’s it.

And no ****ing drawing lines and giving offside for a toenail. Offside if it is clearly offside. That’s it.
You see, offside is the one thing I do think it should be used for no matter how close. If I've got an erection and it sticks out beyond the last defender then I'm offside. It doesn't matter if it's only an inch and a quarter, it's still off. There is no subjectivity.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester1843
2Ipswich1842
3Leeds Utd1835
4Southampton1834
5West Brom1832
6Hull City1830
7Blackburn 1828
8Preston 1828
9Cardiff City1827
10Middlesbro1827