Champions League

I can take them not caring about the sport. What bothers me is that they don't care about the blood
I think the banner is meant to be targeting UEFA, not Newcastle or FIFA. Though it probably goes for them as well.

Apparently the VAR official that made the penalty call last night has been stood down.

Hang on a minute, he wasn’t reffing the game.

He advised the ref to take another look at the monitor.

Ref should be bollocked for having no bollox!

Hoping that one of these days a ref will look at the screen and say “nope you’re wrong, I'm sticking with my decision”

The screen thing is completely ****ing pointless at present.

I wasn't paying much attention last night but I think I saw a referee go to the monitor and stick with his decision - at the end of the Lazio v Celtic game.

Apologies, just checked, Celtis were originally awarded a penalty which was then overturned by the referee when he had another look.

Apologies, just checked, Celtis were originally awarded a penalty which was then overturned by the referee when he had another look.
Do you think it should have been a penalty?

Do you think it was a clear and obvious error?

If VAR have to look at an incident for several minutes, is it really a clear and obvious error?

Do you think it should have been a penalty?

Do you think it was a clear and obvious error?

If VAR have to look at an incident for several minutes, is it really a clear and obvious error?
That's the crux of it for me. You should barely even need a qualified referee.
If it's clear and obvious any football fan should spot it (I am not suggesting this is the new policy)

If they cannot spot it within 15 seconds the original decision should stand.

I hope we end up ditching the clear and obvious bit and focussing on whether a decision is correct or not.

VAR officials should be encouraged to look at decisions and quickly say whether they agree with the referee or not. if they do let the decision stand, if they don't suggest to the referee to have another look.

That's the crux of it for me. You should barely even need a qualified referee.
If it's clear and obvious any football fan should spot it (I am not suggesting this is the new policy)

If they cannot spot it within 15 seconds the original decision should stand.
And no ****ing drawing lines and giving offside for a toenail. Offside if it is clearly offside. That’s it.

And no ****ing drawing lines and giving offside for a toenail. Offside if it is clearly offside. That’s it.
You see, offside is the one thing I do think it should be used for no matter how close. If I've got an erection and it sticks out beyond the last defender then I'm offside. It doesn't matter if it's only an inch and a quarter, it's still off. There is no subjectivity.

I ****ing love this complete stinking shit bucket of a Man U side. Long may they suffer.

A perfect football night. watching City win on the telly & flashscore updates telling me that Man U & Newcastle are both out of not only the CL but Europe altogether. Joyful.

Downside though is that without any european football in the new year they might be able to finish higher in the league. Swings & roundabouts I guess.

Also a bit shit that Rodgers didn't extend his record CL losing run. Trust the worthless twat to finally get a win in a game that didn't matter anyway. ****.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463